Dynamic Mode Settings

Buried in the settings menu, there are options for "Dynamic" settings.

Several options are listed, but there is no explanation for each one. None in the manual either.

I've played with some of the settings a little bit, and still not sure what they do.

I understand the "Schedule", where you can select the car to start in "Quiet" mode during early morning hours (midnight to 6am).

But is there a way to force the car to start up in "Sport+" mode? "Sport" mode, by the way, is completely mis-named. There is nothing "sporty" about having your engine turn off and drive solely on batteries. Should be called "Normal" or "Standard" mode. And "Sport+" should just be called "Sport". I digress.

Anybody know the descriptions/explanations for each of these settings?

Last edited:
Sport+ does not use EV mode at all. EV mode is only available in Quiet and Sport, and only if the transmission is left in auto (mandatory in Quiet mode).

AFAIK there is no way to start up in Sport+ mode.

I meant that "Sport" mode is mis-named. There is nothing sporty about having your engine turn off.

Quiet
Quiet mode prioritizes electric-only driving at lower speeds, maximizing energy efficiency and minimizing cabin sound. The vehicle uses the TMU for initial launch from a standstill. When power demand requires the engine, it starts more quietly than in other modes and maximum engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm, while the Active Exhaust and Intake Sound Control valves are closed for a more hushed operation. The transmission shift map also prioritizes lower engine speeds. The Driver Interface (tachometer and center console information display screen) features a cool and quiet blue color.

Sport
Sport mode takes advantage of the Sport Hybrid system to offer the driver a direct responsive vehicle or a more relaxed vehicle according to their driving inputs. Compared to Quiet Mode, it eliminates the 4,000 rpm limit on the engine and provides a more aggressive throttle map for quicker response. A more aggressive transmission shift map holds gears longer and allows higher rpm shift points. The Intake Sound Control system and the Active Exhaust Valve are activated, allowing exhaust and intake sound to permeate the cabin for a more emotional driving experience. Like the Quiet mode, sport mode provides idle stop function. The Sport setting is the default setting in normal vehicle operation.

Sport+
Sport+ prioritizes maximum drivetrain response and dynamic performance with faster up- and down-shifts of the 9 DCT and still more aggressive throttle mapping. Maximum use of the electric motor torque provides more explosive acceleration. Increased agility is achieved by harmonizing a more aggressive Direct Yaw Control setting that works in concert with the magnetorheological dampers, Agile Handling Assist, and the Electric Power Steering System—perfect for a spirited drive on a winding road. It also offers the driver a higher degree of steering feedback, while intake and exhaust note sounds via Active Sound Control are further increased for an even more exhilarating and emotional driving experience. The TFT Meter sports an aggressive yellow “con-trail” along the tachometer needle supporting easy recognition of engine RPM. Red highlights for the center console information display also reinforce that the driver is in now in Sport+ mode.

Track
Optimized for circuit driving, Track mode invokes the most aggressive settings and parameters to deliver the fastest and most consistent lap times possible, along with maximum acceleration from a standstill when utilizing launch control mode). The braking system offers enhanced performance-oriented pedal feel. Up/down gearshift execution of the DCT and performance of the Super Hybrid SH-AWD and active driver aids (VSA, AHA) are programmed to support circuit limit driving, and an even greater amount of engine intake sound permeates the cabin for a more heightened and emotional driving experience offering enahanced driver feedback even when wearing a helmet.
This setting also prioritizes the lithium-ion battery state-of-charge to maintain a consistent level of torque delivery and direct yaw moment from the three electric motors to ensure consistent dynamic response and lap times.

Of note, the VSA operation is progressively “loosened” from the IDS Quiet mode up to Track mode, enabling a progressively higher degree of freedom for the driver in exploring the dynamic capabilities of the NSX. In “Track” mode, the VSA system can also be completely disabled by the driver. The NSX IDS system has the world’s first custom setting menu that allows the driver to configure the vehicle’s mode during startup. For example, drivers can program the car to always start in Quiet or Sport mode, along with the ability to schedule the NSX to operate exclusively in Quiet mode during any specified time period such as the early morning to avoid waking the neighborhood.

Quiet
Quiet mode prioritizes electric-only driving at lower speeds, maximizing energy efficiency and minimizing cabin sound. The vehicle uses the TMU for initial launch from a standstill. When power demand requires the engine, it starts more quietly than in other modes and maximum engine speed is limited to 4,000 rpm, while the Active Exhaust and Intake Sound Control valves are closed for a more hushed operation. The transmission shift map also prioritizes lower engine speeds. The Driver Interface (tachometer and center console information display screen) features a cool and quiet blue color.

Sport
Sport mode takes advantage of the Sport Hybrid system to offer the driver a direct responsive vehicle or a more relaxed vehicle according to their driving inputs. Compared to Quiet Mode, it eliminates the 4,000 rpm limit on the engine and provides a more aggressive throttle map for quicker response. A more aggressive transmission shift map holds gears longer and allows higher rpm shift points. The Intake Sound Control system and the Active Exhaust Valve are activated, allowing exhaust and intake sound to permeate the cabin for a more emotional driving experience. Like the Quiet mode, sport mode provides idle stop function. The Sport setting is the default setting in normal vehicle operation.

Sport+
Sport+ prioritizes maximum drivetrain response and dynamic performance with faster up- and down-shifts of the 9 DCT and still more aggressive throttle mapping. Maximum use of the electric motor torque provides more explosive acceleration. Increased agility is achieved by harmonizing a more aggressive Direct Yaw Control setting that works in concert with the magnetorheological dampers, Agile Handling Assist, and the Electric Power Steering System—perfect for a spirited drive on a winding road. It also offers the driver a higher degree of steering feedback, while intake and exhaust note sounds via Active Sound Control are further increased for an even more exhilarating and emotional driving experience. The TFT Meter sports an aggressive yellow “con-trail” along the tachometer needle supporting easy recognition of engine RPM. Red highlights for the center console information display also reinforce that the driver is in now in Sport+ mode.

Track
Optimized for circuit driving, Track mode invokes the most aggressive settings and parameters to deliver the fastest and most consistent lap times possible, along with maximum acceleration from a standstill when utilizing launch control mode). The braking system offers enhanced performance-oriented pedal feel. Up/down gearshift execution of the DCT and performance of the Super Hybrid SH-AWD and active driver aids (VSA, AHA) are programmed to support circuit limit driving, and an even greater amount of engine intake sound permeates the cabin for a more heightened and emotional driving experience offering enahanced driver feedback even when wearing a helmet.
This setting also prioritizes the lithium-ion battery state-of-charge to maintain a consistent level of torque delivery and direct yaw moment from the three electric motors to ensure consistent dynamic response and lap times.

Of note, the VSA operation is progressively “loosened” from the IDS Quiet mode up to Track mode, enabling a progressively higher degree of freedom for the driver in exploring the dynamic capabilities of the NSX. In “Track” mode, the VSA system can also be completely disabled by the driver. The NSX IDS system has the world’s first custom setting menu that allows the driver to configure the vehicle’s mode during startup. For example, drivers can program the car to always start in Quiet or Sport mode, along with the ability to schedule the NSX to operate exclusively in Quiet mode during any specified time period such as the early morning to avoid waking the neighborhood.

I understand what the different drive modes are, and their individual characteristics.

The reason I made this thread was to learn about the settings menu via the touchscreen, labeled as "Dynamic", to see if there was an option to change which mode the car started in.

You touched on it with your last sentence, but I still haven't found a description of all the setting options that are available in that screen.

I thought there was an option to start in the last mode it was on when shut off. So, if you were in sport+, it would start in sport+. ??

Axxlrod, I completely agree with you about the misnaming of modes, calling it Sport doesn't make a lot of sense.
I would also like to make the car start in Sport+

TLX doesn't start in sport+ either. Sport or below. dont know why.

My understand is that EPA testing happens under the car's default startup mode, so starting in Sport+ would negatively effect the MPG and emissions ratings. (I don't know how it's handled when the car has multiple possible startup modes, however.)

I thought there was an option to start in the last mode it was on when shut off. So, if you were in sport+, it would start in sport+. ??

Unfortunately it does not work that way. If you read closely it starts in the mode it was last started in. If there was a way to start in sport+ this would work however currently there is no way do that.

Back