Dye ivory carpet to black - vendors referral?

I have a black replica type R carpet that I purchased from another prime member. I decided to get my car reupholstered with another type of carpet, so I don't think I will be using this. If your interested let me know.

check this...

Looking to dye my ivory carpet to black. Or if anyone has black carpet I'll buy it from you.

Any recommendations?
From my past experiences w/ nylon/synthetics, dying them for a complete/total color change is virtually impossible. Intermediate chemicals/solvents need to be used to change the surface-charge at the molecular level for dyes to be absorbed properly.

Quote/unquote natural materials generally work much better w/ redying (wool, cotton, silk, leather, fur, etc').

If I was in your situation, I'd just get a complete brand-new after-market interior molded carpet/trim kit from:

TFEnt
Tom
MovIt Brakes USA
www.Movit.de
[email protected] 858-883-2655

(likely the same thing omega2 is offering above; perhaps save some money & get the unused set from omega2!)

Reference:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83295&

There are (2) styles, woven (NSX-R'like) & cut/nap (OEM/stock'like). For ~$500'ish, can't go wrong! :cool:

You can also clean/recondition/rehab' your existing Ivory carpet/trim & get some money for it, as there are many keen Ivory-interior owners. . .

Last edited:
Re: check this...

Very nice info.

Thanks for taking the time to write.

You've persuaded me to investigate getting aftermarket carpet.

Thanks.

Jacko

From my past experiences w/ nylon/synthetics,
dying them for a complete/total color change is virtually impossible. Intermediate chemicals/solvents need to be used to change the surface-charge at the molecular level for dyes to be absorbed properly.

Quote/unquote natural materials generally work much better w/ redying (wool, cotton, silk, leather, fur, etc').

If I was in your situation, I'd just get a complete brand-new after-market interior molded carpet/trim kit from:

TFEnt
Tom
MovIt Brakes USA
www.Movit.de
[email protected] 858-883-2655

(likely the same thing omega2 is offering above; perhaps save some money & get the unused set from omega2!)

Reference:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83295&

There are (2) styles, woven (NSX-R'like) & cut/nap (OEM/stock'like). For ~$500'ish, can't go wrong! :cool:

You can also clean/recondition/rehab' your existing Ivory carpet/trim & get some money for it, as there are many keen Ivory-interior owners. . .

Back