dvd region codes

hey all,
if anyone can help me out there, i have a kenwood dvt 7000 home theatre system. It is region 2 (japan) but ive been told its possible to make it all region. Does anyone know the code i need to make it so. Its possible to mod chip i know, but i would prefer not to pull it apart!
Thanks in advance
Aaron J

Try this, although be aware there's a 50/50 chance of your DVD player locking up

1 Power on the player and make sure there is no disc
2 Press and hold the Play button until the display panel shows you what region you are in (it'll list all available regions).
3 Select the required region (lockup point)
4 The display should now read "Initial OK!" (lockup point)
5 Insert and play your disc.

If this doesn't work there's another method which involves getting into the audio menu and entering a code, but that only works for lower end Kenwoods and has not been proven to work with 5000 series and above.

ive heard of various methods in the way you have first described.

I know that my dvd is multi region compatible (but maybe only through a mod chip), the code entering in the audio section part is the one im after, if anyone knows it plaese let me know, ta.

thanks for the reply, fangtl :)

ajnsx, I am gonna give you the instructions, try it at your own discretion. Good luck!

1 press pwr make sure there is no disc in the tray
2 select the setup menu
3 choose "Audio"
4 choose "Other"
5 key in 7, 0, 7, followed by 0 for region free, 1 for reg 1, 2 for reg 2, so if you want to switch to region 6 you would key in 7076
6 press enter
7 turn off your player
8 wait ~15-30 seconds and and turn the player back on, if it doesn't turn on your player has locked..

Back