Dutchy's '92 NSX

Hey people,

Time for me to give a short introduction of my newly bought Honda NSX.

It is a '92 manual red/black Honda NSX with 63000 miles on it. All the maintenance has been done accordingly with stamps from the Honda dealer wich is a huge enthusiast aswell. I am sure he is a member with his highly modified NSX here aswell. I am the second owner and the car truly is in mint condition. I do not use it a s a daily driver... my trusty Landcruiser HDJ80 is used daily. I also own a Maserati QPV wich I drive every now and then. Though 3 cars is a bit much so the QPV is for sale now.

This site is/has given me so much information and its a thrill to read all of your mods and changes you have made on your beautiful cars. Still lots more info to read.

I want to keep the NSX reasonably oem besides some small changes... at least thats what I am saying now... lets just say everything I add needs to be reversible back to OEM.... well... or.....ok let me just shut up about this part. :rolleyes:

This is what I want to do on the short term...

Paint the valve covers and manifold in wrinkle red
Top speed headers, ive read they give out a nice price/quality set.
Tai Tec GTLW exhaust
Downforce Air Intake Scoop (well worth the price?)

I have also been following the thread of the new Prospeed RDX injectors with ecu tune kit. This seems to be a nice combo with the headers, intake and exhaust.... I do not wish to go FI so with the above mentioned changes I should be good to go. I also want to do something about the rims.... 17 and 18 inches on there and perhaps lower the car slightly... the gaps between the wheelfenders is a bit too much with this setup.

But lets take one step at a time... I have already asked for a quote from SOS to give me some shipping prices for my primary list.

Anyone know a good adress for the Top speed headers or are they discontinued? I could actually also go for NA2 headers but I quess the weigth reduction will be minimal and as far as I can tell, the aftermarket headers are even better designed for the best possible flow.... any input on that?

Anyway enough with the blablabla.. here some pics of my new ride. Yeah I know I suck at taking pictures...ive been told before.....:biggrin:

Dutchy

fddcc3e1.jpg

cd4a2e21.jpg

621cf985.jpg

c55d8a45.jpg

Last edited:
PM or contact fellow Prime member Angus via his vendor page; he can hook you up with Top Speed headers (he also makes a wicked exhaust). Considering your geographic location, you wouldn't happen to be a cycling fan would you? Nice find on the one owner car by the way; rare, euro and stock. Awesome!:biggrin:

Last edited:
the interior looks like it came off the showroom floor holy:eek:

nice.

I sure want the headlight spray nozzles for some reason

Thnx everyone for the nice words. The longer I have the car the more addicted I am getting... constantly looking for excuses to take her out of the garage.

I will keep it kinda oem.... like I said only easily reversible things. Rooftop will stay black for sure... its one of the many things I like about the car...just makes it look....ehm...spectacular.

@Thunder...is there like a dutch or belgium forum active...I know we have only like mayby 40 nsx's in holland and belgium but for parts or ordering stuff from the US it could be handy to get in contact..or are they all here on prime?

@Sportsmind4me thanks for the heads up but I already ordered Toppeed headers on ebay... They shipped the next day with trackingnumber... excellent very quick service.

I have sent SOS an email 3 days ago... is this normal? Busy times or do they just take their time? I have sent chris an email through the forum aswell so hopefully it will reach them now.

One thing though... i get cursed at least about 30 times when I take her for a drive... they call her a Ferrari.... I mean what the heck is that about? Ok... given the fact that the car is extremely rare in Holland but calling it a F. I always open up the window when I hear it and tell them.... No no.... its just a Honda. Offcourse there are also the real enthusiasts.... "Oh look dude look it's a NSX..omg omg take a picture quick" That's too funny but it really happens... the numbers of thumbs up are countless. I always smile and just know I will never get rid of here again.

Dutchy

I have sent SOS an email 3 days ago... is this normal? Busy times or do they just take their time? I have sent chris an email through the forum aswell so hopefully it will reach them now.

One thing though... i get cursed at least about 30 times when I take her for a drive... they call her a Ferrari.... I mean what the heck is that about? Ok... given the fact that the car is extremely rare in Holland but calling it a F. I always open up the window when I hear it and tell them.... No no.... its just a Honda. Offcourse there are also the real enthusiasts.... "Oh look dude look it's a NSX..omg omg take a picture quick" That's too funny but it really happens... the numbers of thumbs up are countless. I always smile and just know I will never get rid of here again.
Congrats Dutchy! Very nice NSX you have there. It will continue to get confused with Ferraris, but you will get used to it. :)

Chris and SOS are pretty busy so it may be a while before you get a response. If you don't, let me know and I can call them for you.

Thank you friend, I have the same problem in Belgium, everybody thinks has a Ferrari :tongue:, I'm not far from Spa / Francorchamps F1 Circuit, there are many Ferrari passing through the region , cons, I have never seen or crossed another NSX on the road in five years :frown:, in Belgium, they are even rarer than in France or the Netherlands ... I am alone in the world with my NSX:cool:

Last edited:
Congrats on your purchase.
You have bought yourself a great car from the looks of it.

Where exactly are you located? I myself am from Rotterdam.

FYI, there will be a Fast Car meeting in Zandvoort on the 17th of June.
If you have time, you can come along of course.

@ MvM I am located in Amsterdam...havent been to events yet. Though I am participating in the Cars for Kids day with the NSX.

It's been a while since I posted up so let me update this thread a little bit...with mostly pics.... :biggrin:

Topspeed headers installed.. not the best fit when installing but with some minor changes they fit nicely. Matter of price vs Quality

3ff14f67.jpg

bddf93ba.jpg

Painted valve covers
..... color ended up a bit brighter but in the end it made the engine bay more interesting too look at.

88d03673.jpg

Taitec GTLW exhaust fitted. I kep the oem cats and I am happy I did. I think with the testpipes the car will be too loud.

4e2022ec.jpg

56300eab.jpg

Downforce air intake fitted...no picture is needed for that :wink:

7 spoke OEM wheels finished in gunmetal with Falkan 452 tires fitted

117eb227.jpg

I just got the car back from a guy that is specialized in detailing. Hey spent 30 hours on the NSX and did everything..interior enginebay and detailed all the paint with clay etcetc. I have to put on sunglasses now.... He did mention the paint had a soft texture...as does a Ferrari. Go figure!!! :biggrin:

19d88d15.jpg

Offcourse garages are dusty so I bought a custom cover from a member on NSXCB....

9161a260.jpg

Last goody for now will be a new meshed engine cover from Sudesh and a new gearknob... Can't wait to get his newly designed cover in. :cool:

Last edited:
Amazing how a set of wheels can make the car looks. Love the wheels and the color of the wheels. Very nice clean looking NSX :wink:

Dutchy... your car looks great!

Years ago, when I first got my NSX, I took one of many trips to Paris and stopped at the biggest Honda dealer -- no NSX on the sales floor, so I asked a salesman "Why no NSX?" and he said they had never sold one, never been asked for one, and would probably never sell one due to the high taxes involved.

On all my trips to Europe I've only seen two NSXs -- one in Villefranche-sur-mer (a red/black one) and one in Rome (red/black too).

Enjoy your new machine!

Back