Dual tip exhausts: What options do I have? (+Tubi question)

Hi

I want to buy a new exhaust system soon. First I was looking at the Taitec Lightweight GT exhaust with center exit + Taitec rear diffuser in CF. But after some thinking I decided not to have it, because I wanted to keep the original lines of the NSX. Maybe I will buy 2002+ rear valencer + NSX-R diffuser later.

Anyway, I love the look of dual tip exhaust on a NSX. My car will be dropped 1 inch+ with the H&R cup kit suspension, and I think that a dual tip system looks really cool on a "dropped" NSX :)

I have heard the Tubi on some clips that I have found on this page, and really LOVE the looks and the noise it makes is the exhaust-note nirvana for me. But I think that they don't make it anymore? That's what I have heard.

The price does matter, but if I like the noise and looks, I can stretch my budget too :)

So, what options do I have? I know that ARK have just released a new dual tip exhaust, costing 1250 $, I like the looks and it should give good hp-numbers, but I am not sure that I like description of it "warm and deep exhaust note" - I like it aggressive :D

Ps. If someone have knowledge about the Tubi and the market situation I would apperciate information. :)

Options...

Dual-tip choices... (meaning quad-tip/DTM exhaust-tips)

DTM Exhaust Tips:
exhaust_e36DTM_tip01-s.jpg
$25-$50/set, need (2) sets for NSX... (clamp-on/weld, resonated/etc)

*I'd find an exhaust I liked, then simply install/fabricate DTM-exhaust tips onto it! I, too, love the look of quad-tips from the dual-exit NSX exhausts...

* DTM-tipped exhausts have fitment issues w/ the '02+ rear valance! If upgrading the rear valance is in your future plans, your better off getting an exhaust w/ oval/ellipse single-tips (just add-on and remove later the DTM-tips if so desired).

DTM-tip Exhausts:

- ANYTIME F1 (soon to be released... unsure if it'll have DTM-tips, but worth waiting for)
- Tubi_Style (Contact: Manu (UK) www.Scuderiasystems.com (Approx. £1500/Tubi_Style for NSX)
- ARK DT-X
- B&B TriFlow (formerly RM_Racing)
- RS_Racing (occasionally on www.eBay.com)
- ANYTIME (discontinued)

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Performance/exhaust.htm

Last edited:
Thanks man :):)

Great answer. Since you mentioned Tubi, does that mean that there is a possibilty to buy the exhaust from the shop you linked to? That would be absolutely great!

made-to-order...

|Adeel said:
Thanks man :):)

Great answer. Since you mentioned Tubi, does that mean that there is a possibilty to buy the exhaust from the shop you linked to? That would be absolutely great!

Man, possibility? Scuderia Systems will make a brand-new Tubi_Style exhaust for your NSX model year. Everything is pretty much made-to-order. Apparently, there is a subtle difference between the '91-'94 and '95-'96 exhausts (connection-point). And then '97+ models require adapters (check Science of Speed's site) for aftermarket exhausts to fit (due to shorter header/exhaust-manifolds on '97+ NSX's). Give Manu a call/email, mention your model year NSX and what you have an interest in; get a quote... make an informed decision! :cool:

Try to pm/email AR on www.nsxcb.co.uk, he obtained a Tubi_Style from Scuderia Systems in the past year. He can perhaps answer many question you may have... :wink:

Last edited:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63079

ARK has another version coming out with quad tips that I wish i had known about haha... I just bought their DT-S version exhaust a few weeks ago and have had it on for less than a week.. I might have to change again if this one sounds better than the one I have (which I love)

Re: made-to-order...

Osiris_x11 said:
Man, possibility? Scuderia Systems will make a brand-new Tubi_Style exhaust for your NSX model year. Everything is pretty much made-to-order. Apparently, there is a subtle difference between the '91-'94 and '95-'96 exhausts (connection-point). And then '97+ models require adapters (check Science of Speed's site) for aftermarket exhausts to fit (due to shorter header/exhaust-manifolds on '97+ NSX's). Give Manu a call/email, mention your model year NSX and what you have an interest in; get a quote... make an informed decision! :cool:

Try to pm/email AR on www.nsxcb.co.uk, he obtained a Tubi_Style from Scuderia Systems in the past year. He can perhaps answer many question you may have... :wink:

Thanks, I will contact them :) Must... Have... Tubi... Must... Have... Tubi... :D

Edit: Sent them e-mail, waiting for reply now :)

Last edited:
OneRedNSX said:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63079

ARK has another version coming out with quad tips that I wish i had known about haha... I just bought their DT-S version exhaust a few weeks ago and have had it on for less than a week.. I might have to change again if this one sounds better than the one I have (which I love)

Yes I have seen that thread, and they are selling the exhaust for 1250 $ on their official website.

How would you describe the noise of the exhaust you have? Looks like a great value for the price.

Tubi quad-tip on 2002+ rear valence, does it work?

Wonder compitability of the NSX-R rear diffuser with aftermarket exhaust-systems too...

Back