Drove a Viper for the fist time today!

Hey guys, just though I would share. I got a chance to drive a 95 RT today. Amazing car! Very boxy and awkward at first, but a fun car to drive never the less. The NSX is so much more refined and comfortable. However straight line acceleration is incredible. This was a stock RT (400 hp i believe) and the car was quick to say the least. My NSX has I/H/E ECU and RM NOS and now i'm thinking I need to rejet!
wink.gif
Just wanted to share. How does a 450 horse GTS feel??!!

------------------
Jason

How were the brakes? All that go gotta stop sometime.

------------------
Hal Jones
Lake Oswego, Oregon
95T Blk\Blk SportShift

I had a 125 shot nitrous equipped NSX before. As a current Viper GTS owner, let me tell you, my old NOS equipped NSX has no match to the visceral pull of 500 ft/lbs of torque. Even my 996 TT does not feel that strong. As for the brakes, the Viper brakes are adequate. However, since those are non-ABS, its very hard to modulate them. Like David pointed out, the Vipers are fun for about 20 minutes. After that, it becomes a chore.

------------------
Raymond
01 996 TT
00 Viper GTS (For Sale)
98 GS400
99 RX300
99 Expedition EB

How did you have your 125hp setup? Different fuel pump,injectors, fuel presure regulator? If so which one? I am really interested. I have spoken with a few of the other guys on this same subject. Seems the consensus is to go w/the bigger inline pump. Thank you for your info.

------------------
Jason

Originally posted by Jason Weaver:
How did you have your 125hp setup? Different fuel pump,injectors, fuel presure regulator? If so which one? I am really interested. I have spoken with a few of the other guys on this same subject. Seems the consensus is to go w/the bigger inline pump. Thank you for your info.

I had my nitrous installed back in 94, before RM even came out with their kit. Let's just say I have a big cajones when I install the 125 shot jet without additional fuel pump. I kept the 125 shot for about 3 bottle fills. After talking to the people at NOS, they recommended I stay with something milder than 125. I was not about to argue with the NOS guys, so I replaced the jet with a 100 shot. I kept that jet until I sold my car Jan of 2000.

Oh, and Chris,

I'm selling the Viper because I got the Twin Turbo. I was going to keep the Viper and get a used NSX.

------------------
Raymond
01 996 TT
00 Viper GTS (For Sale)
98 GS400
99 RX300
99 Expedition EB

Back