Drove a couple of 911s

Ever since I sold my 911 cab and bout my NSX (because I needed a coupe for driving school) I have been lusting for another air-cooled 911. Today my favorite shop had a '97 lightly modded and a '90 widebody Carrera 4. I think I must have had my expectations set too high because the 993 (1997) didn't offer any additional thrill over the NSX and I actually liked driving the older 964 more.

I guess I was quite surprised as I walked out got back into my NSX and pulled away. These really are underrated cars. I think Acura should toss the keys to a couple of long-term testers to Car & Driver and Road & Track. I find it hard to believe that they wouldn't quickly become fleet favorites!

I agree ... the NSX is very underrated! A friend of mine owns a fleet of Porsche Turbos (91T, 94 3.6T, 97TT, 04GT2) and he comments when he rides in my car what a great car the NSX really is compared to comparable cars. I drove a friends Ferrari 456 for about 400 miles yesterday/today that he just bought, and I think the NSX is far above and beyond that car in handling. I think its faster 0-60, not 60+ though with the long legs of the V12... but the Ferrari disappointed me in how heavy the steering felt and how uncomfortable and stiff riding it is compared to the NSX. Almost every time I drive another car, it reminds me what a great car the NSX really is!:D

JAM said:
Almost every time I drive another car, it reminds me what a great car the NSX really is!:D

I would agree. I have not driven another car since owning my NSX besides the 360 that has impressed me. Even the 360 wasn't THAT much better. The car the impressed me most acutally was a 98 NSX vs my 93!

Back