driving on rough canadian roads

I live in Canada and around home we have really crappy roads.I'm wondering what effect rough roads have on an nsx.Does it give a really rough ride especially with low profile tires.Sports cars i have driven in the past usually give a rough ride because of stiffer suspension.My main concern is suspension durability.I bought a 1998 prelude a few years ago and after 130 000 kilometers(80 000 miles)i had to replace 4 ball joints.Am i going to see this sort of stuff with an nsx and if so are suspension parts real expensive.Thanks in advance.

I'm in eastern Canada and the roads can get pretty bad.do you have issues with bottoming out.

I'm lowered 2" with a 17/18 combo and I've never had a big problem with bottoming out in Eastern Ontario. With an ultra low car, you just learn to avoid steep inclines.

However I do feel bad for anyone driving on the Quebec side...

so what about suspension durability and suspension parts prices

I can't imagine it's any different than any other car out there.

Just watch where you're going. If you see a big hole, swerve. Suspension pieces aren't that expensive unless you damage one of the aluminium wishbones.

Okay....let me nip this right here. If you are driving on unpaved dirt and rutted out roads, you will destroy this car. Bad idea. If the roads are paved just poor, you may survive. Oh...and YES, the suspension parts for this car are expensive. Call your dealer and ask them. Then you will know just how much it is when you break a part or bend a nice aluminum A-arm.

I've driven it down dirt roads.... VERY SLOWLY!!!

It can be done, but it's a dumb idea. Any road in a city will be fine. Vettes and Porsches do just fine, and the NSX should be no different.

I may live in the country but not that far in the country and yes the roads are paved in eastern Canada lol

I live in Calgary...and my baby does not come out until the gravel is picked up off of the streets!! Also...you ahve to drive this car very slowly down gravel roads and over train tracks and speed bumps...be very careful...its an exotic sports car...would you tear down a gravel road in a Lamborghini Galardo or a 355 Ferrari? Of course not...and you should treat the NSX as any other expensive exotic sports car.

So ends my sermon...lol

Dam:cool:

Back