Driving A Honda Means You're Smart (statistically)

I thought this was interesting...

"The data was released in the spring as part of this year's New Vehicle Experience Study by San Diego-based market research outfit Strategic Vision."

"Your car implies more about your life than you might think. While 13% of Chevy owners don't use the Web, by contrast, less than 3% of Honda owners remain in the technological Stone Age. The antithesis of flashy, Honda owners are usually pragmatic and well educated; 70% boast a college degree or higher, compared with 35% of Chevy owners and 45% of Ford owners."

Quick Write up:
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/autos_content_landing_pages/1139/what-your-car-says-about-you/

More in depth:
http://www.forbes.com/2009/10/06/ca...lifestyle-vehicles-gender-income_slide_2.html

So y'all are saying i'm unedjabacated cuz i wants to stick a small block chevy into ma NSX? What bout ma 700hp blown rustang? It'll smoke your smartass ricer burner anyday... when its running and if nothing breaks.

Last edited:
I don't feel smart.:tongue: I have own 7 Honda cars since I started driving. I even own a Honda lawn mower.:wink: My smarts must have been drained when I bought that Plymouth Reliant back in the 90's.:eek::biggrin:

Agreed! That's pretty much right on, you're smart and practical. What you won't hear them say is that: if you buy Volvos, you are a leftist liberal.

Agreed! That's pretty much right on, you're smart and practical. What you won't hear them say is that: if you buy Volvos, you are a leftist liberal.

I should asked my wife if that's true, but I think she is a middle of the road liberal.:confused: She has always purchased Volvos before we got married.

I should asked my wife if that's true, but I think she is a middle of the road liberal.:confused: She has always purchased Volvos before we got married.
Funny. My wife (God Bless Her), is a big leftist and she hates Volvos. She drives an E30 BMW and votes Democrat even after I get her to admit they are wrong. So ..... "figure?" :confused:
BTW: married 34 years! :smile:

Re: These days smart is.........boring

Been driving the brand since '77 because they were groundbreaking. But now, I guess Honda (and us disciples) are not so cutting edge anymore. At least according to the AutoExtremist Peter DeLorenzo after what he saw at last week's snoozer of an auto show in Detroit. :redface:
........And what about Honda? Here is a company that was founded on risk-taking and pushing the envelope by a gifted engineer who believed in the enduring strengths of solid, reliable and good performing engines. It wasn’t the Honda Quality Company, or the Honda Transportation Company, it was the Honda Motor Company, a bold, competitive enterprise that reveled in innovation and proved its competence and technical acumen on racetracks the world over.

This was the Japanese automobile company that was crawling with enthusiasts - and the absolute antithesis of what Toyota stood for - the one that marched to a different drummer and awed its competitors and buyers alike with a series of vehicles that bristled with creativity, vision and an unbridled sense of how it was supposed to be.

But that wasn’t the car company on display at Cobo Hall last week. No, the Honda I witnessed at the Detroit Auto Show was barely recognizable, a lurid mash-up of reduced expectations, abominable design, paunchy, overweight and miserable excuses for “new” (the horrendous Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX being egregious examples No. 1 & 2), the stunningly bad (the entire Acura lineup is a living and breathing class on how not to design cars), and a flat-out blown opportunity, the frighteningly mediocre and wildly underwhelming Honda CR-Z.

What happened? How can a car company with such a glorious history and pedigree drive it off into a ditch so convincingly? How can a company that was so out front of everyone else in terms of engineering-in responsiveness and “fun-to-drive” into their vehicles end-up with a product lineup that’s so relentlessly bland and un-Honda-like that it’s just flat-out shocking?

We all saw this coming, of course. When the brilliantly balanced and exquisitely executed S2000 sports car was put out to pasture with no replacement you just knew that there was an ill-wind blowing at Honda headquarters. In the “old” days that never would have been allowed to happen, and to me it signaled a fundamental lack of understanding, or worse, a growing chorus of “it doesn’t matter” from a car company that should damn well know better.

There are some signs of life at Honda with the recent regime change, but then again they’re going to have to prove to me – and to its legions of fans out there in Consumer Land – that they not only get it, but that they’re going to get back to what they do best, and that is to build some of the best and most desirable mainstream cars available in the world.

Until that time I guess we’re stuck with exactly one vehicle from Honda – the Fit – that at least reminds us somewhat of what they’re capable of doing. Not Good...........
I'd be pissed if I cared. :rolleyes:

Re: These days smart is.........boring

........And what about Honda? Here is a company that was founded on risk-taking and pushing the envelope by a gifted engineer who believed in the enduring strengths of solid, reliable and good performing engines. It wasn’t the Honda Quality Company, or the Honda Transportation Company, it was the Honda Motor Company, a bold, competitive enterprise that reveled in innovation and proved its competence and technical acumen on racetracks the world over.

This was the Japanese automobile company that was crawling with enthusiasts - and the absolute antithesis of what Toyota stood for - the one that marched to a different drummer and awed its competitors and buyers alike with a series of vehicles that bristled with creativity, vision and an unbridled sense of how it was supposed to be.

But that wasn’t the car company on display at Cobo Hall last week. No, the Honda I witnessed at the Detroit Auto Show was barely recognizable, a lurid mash-up of reduced expectations, abominable design, paunchy, overweight and miserable excuses for “new” (the horrendous Honda Crosstour and Acura ZDX being egregious examples No. 1 & 2), the stunningly bad (the entire Acura lineup is a living and breathing class on how not to design cars), and a flat-out blown opportunity, the frighteningly mediocre and wildly underwhelming Honda CR-Z.

What happened? How can a car company with such a glorious history and pedigree drive it off into a ditch so convincingly? How can a company that was so out front of everyone else in terms of engineering-in responsiveness and “fun-to-drive” into their vehicles end-up with a product lineup that’s so relentlessly bland and un-Honda-like that it’s just flat-out shocking?

We all saw this coming, of course. When the brilliantly balanced and exquisitely executed S2000 sports car was put out to pasture with no replacement you just knew that there was an ill-wind blowing at Honda headquarters. In the “old” days that never would have been allowed to happen, and to me it signaled a fundamental lack of understanding, or worse, a growing chorus of “it doesn’t matter” from a car company that should damn well know better.

There are some signs of life at Honda with the recent regime change, but then again they’re going to have to prove to me – and to its legions of fans out there in Consumer Land – that they not only get it, but that they’re going to get back to what they do best, and that is to build some of the best and most desirable mainstream cars available in the world.

Until that time I guess we’re stuck with exactly one vehicle from Honda – the Fit – that at least reminds us somewhat of what they’re capable of doing. Not Good...........

Harsh, but damn if it isn't true...

Sad actually.

P

She drives an E30 BMW and votes Democrat even after I get her to admit they are wrong. So ..... "figure?" :confused:

Typical liberal. :biggrin:

Show them facts and concrete evidence and they blow a fuse. :tongue:

She must be really hot. :wink:

nsx/legend coupe in the past....the woman has a crv.

Last edited:
Apparently I am smart with a touch of WTF, since I do have a Mitsubishi Montero as well. :tongue:

I own a honda and a land rover. I'm afraid of what that says about me. lol

It says that the Honda is boring because nothing ever goes wrong, so you need the LR to keep your mechanical abilities sharp. :biggrin:

Back