driver's side window regulator

OK, so my driver's side window regulator is shot. I took it out and discovered that it had been apparently sloppily installed by the Acura dealer during a window repair (according to receipts from the previous owner). There are several broken tabs in most of the removable parts on the door, including the door cover itself. Well, anyway, I have priced the regulator at a couple of places, anywhere from $619 to $688. Anyone with suggestions about where to buy this? Very similar looking parts on other acura/honda cars are $49.

Ruh-roh - looks like I am going to have to take my own advice. I was driving home tonight, and when I was rolling the driver's window up I heard a pop (cable breaking?) and the window stopped rolling up (or down). When I got home I was able to pull the window up by hand.

Two days later the window fell down in the door.

Last edited:
My driver's side power window regulator has been removed and sent to regulatorusa. Shipped out USPS priority today, Saturday, will see how fast turnaround is. Cost was $85 for the regulator rebuild, as advertised, plus less than $8 for USPS priority shipping to New York.

E-mailed this fellow a week ago; no reply. I think I am going to try something else.

Their purchase process is streamlined. You pay via Paypal in advance, then enclose a copy of your Paypal receipt in the box along with the regulator, and ship it to them. Makes for a no-nonsense, fast-turnaround transaction.

Last edited:
Rebuilt regulator received on Thursday, March 5th. :smile: Shipped to them Saturday, back by Thursday. The rebuild is reported to be sturdier than the original regulator, total cost for rebuild (including shipping) less than $93.

My body shop guy will be installing it in a few days. Will follow-up with how well the window performs.

Last edited:
The regulator has been reinstalled. The installer took his time and kept tinkering with the adjustment, then lubed the bejesus out of everything that moves. It glides up and down now with ease - it has never been this smooth!:smile:

I highly recommend a rebuild with regulatorusa!:smile:

Back