Drivers Edge shedule for 2007. Let's pick a date and get a group of us going

Since I saw in the Decemer 9-10 TWS thread where someone had mentioned we should get a group of us (10) so that we can get 10% off, here is the 2007 schedule:

January 13-14
Eagles Canyon (Sanger)
Tentative Date waiting on track completion.

February 03-04
Motorsport Ranch (Ft. Worth)

March 03-04
Texas World Speedway (College Station)

Mar.30 – Apr.1

May 05-06 or 12-13
Eagles Canyon (Sanger)

June 02-03

July 14-15

August
Surprise Event

September 15-16

October 13-14

November 10-11
Eagles Canyon (Sanger)

December 08-09

Please post when you would like to go and let's see if we can get a group big enough.
I am interested in a Motor Sport ranch event since I have never been to that track.

I would be interested in the Feb 3-4 event or March 30-April 1 only because I know I have a wedding to go to the weekend of March 3-4
Please post when you would like to go.

Matt

EDITED: Feb 3-4 is out for me. I'm going snowboarding

Last edited:
I personally think that March would be the best event to go to. I doubt many people from Houston will drive up for TDE event in Ft. Worth. Its a freaking awesome track but its 4.5 hours from Houston. you guys in Houston NEED to do it once. Then you will realize why we love MSR - FW so much.

Heck I usually do 5 events a year, So you guys pick. We can do a group buy once we get an idea. Otherwise June is always open. I figured Me, Matt, Ojas, Nick, Gus, Teddy, Ben(maybe). I can find a couple more for a group buy.

Othewise, If you don't mind the jib-jab. PCA does events at TWS too. Its usually $215 and you get a nice shirt. We could always try to do that instead.

So far, I no conflicts with any of the dates. If I had to pick, my preference is anything at Motorsport Ranch (Ft. Worth) since I have never been there. However as NSXLuvr said, it's farther for Houston folks, so I'd really be up for whatever the group goes with.

I'm down for March 30-Apr1 at Motorsport ranch.

I don't mind driving to get there.
Plus, it's a new track to me so the more I get to see, the better.
Of course, I will not be in any of the groups you guys are in (blue for me).

I just hate going when it gets hot. My first track event ever was during the summer at TWS

I usally do March, April and occasionally a early may event. Then take a break from the heat until October/November.

I never do Dec, Jan or Feb events. I have done MSR in FW in Dec - it was 30 degrees in the morning with a wind chill around 15. NO THANKS!!!

So what did we decide?

BTW, the owner of TWS passed away last month. So, The future of the track is not that great. I would say lets try to go to March 3rd event at TWS, and if you guys are still interested MSR at the end of March.

Personally, I think TWS is a NSX track and MSR isn't as much.

Ritesh.

Ritesh

I am already signed up for the March 3-4 event at TWS so I vote for this :wink:

btw, the prices went up for those of us in the novice groups (blue and green) but stayed the same for yellow and red.

For those worried about the near future of TWS, I saw this posted on another forum

Dear TWS Motorsports Club enthusiasts-

We start this newsletter on a very sad note. Dick Conole, president of Texas World Speedway, passed away on January 3rd in Bryan, Texas. He will be missed by all that knew him. He became a legend in Texas motorsports after he bought Texas World Speedway in 1975. Many of you may not have had the opportunity to meet him, but if you attended our last event in 2006, December 16-17, Mr. Conole made a few remarks at the barbeque we hosted on Saturday night. He thanked all the attendees and their friends for supporting TWS. The barbeque was such a success that we will do another somewhere in mid-season and another to wind up the season.

With regard to the future of the track, we are committed to honoring the contracts we have for this year, so not to worry.

We’re just over a week away from the inaugural Motorsports Club event for 2007, January 20-21. Let me urge you to get your entry forms in so you won’t be disappointed. We don’t have the new registration form up on the website yet, but you may use the 2006 form and just note the date(s) you are interested in. If you will send me your snail mail address or a fax number we will send you the new entry form that has the 2007 schedule on it. That’s it for now. Misty, Martin and crew look forward to seeing you at the track. Rusty Rush TWS 979/690-2500

Cool Matt. I will see if I can bring my NSX and the Miata. Otherwise, I will bring the NSX.

Ritesh

A friend of mine saw that TWS was up for sale. $10.5m. The future of the track isn't looking so bright. So - any of you guys who haven't been to TWS need to get to the track this year.

Going through the tunnels and entering the paddock gives me goose bumps EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Btw, I am looking for the link but can't seem to find it at the moment. I will update with a link.

A friend of mine saw that TWS was up for sale. $10.5m. The future of the track isn't looking so bright. So - any of you guys who haven't been to TWS need to get to the track this year.

Going through the tunnels and entering the paddock gives me goose bumps EVERY SINGLE TIME!

Btw, I am looking for the link but can't seem to find it at the moment. I will update with a link.

I saw a post on M3forum. I copied and pasted the info:

From MLS:

Texas World Speedway
17529 State Hwy 6 S.
College Station, TX 77842
County: Brazos

Property Description:
One of only seven super speedways (race tracks) of two miles or greater in the U.S. Includes two mile high banked oval plus three different road courses using the oval and a newly paved 2.9 mile road course.

Location Description:
Close in location adjoining rapidly growing city of College Station. 97 miles north of Houston, 188 miles south of Dallas, 119 miles east of Austin.

For Sale
Active

Primary Type:
Special Purpose
Special Purpose (Other)

Building Size:
2,000,000 SF

Lot Size:
563.00 Acres

Price:
$10,500,000

Price/SF:
$5.25

Year Built:

Property On Ground Lease:
Yes

Date Last Verified:
12/9/2006

Property ID:

Highlights

On 8-lane divided Hwy 6 with its own interchange

One of the last large parcels near College Station

Used for testing, commercials, car clubs, & driver training

Near Texas A&M (enrollment 43,000)+ Bush Presidential Library

Cost new over $17 million

Grandstand seats +/- 23,000

I've registered as well ... hope there won't be any business trips at that time .. keeping my fingers crossed!!

Cheers .. Gus

guys

i am out for this event. i just fractured a bone in my shoulder while snowboarding this past week.

ya have fun.

Heck, the list is dropping quickly. So who is going? - I am going to be there. But I was going to bring my NSX since you guys were going to be there. Maybe I'll bring my SM instead.

Steve - can't you get that windshield replaced this week?

I can't go...my car is still in the shop (Bruce's shop) waiting for parts from SOS/Comptech :redface:

Steven0720: There is a windshield shop in town that can put one in for you for less than $200.00

ARE YOU SERIOUS?? i have been looking for one and no one has it IN STOCK or they asking $500 - $700 for it. anyway, please find out the phone number for me, if it's possible i will drive all the way to H-town get it done this weekend.

steven

Ojas - You and I are signed up for the March 31- Apr 1st event.

However, the rest of the gang is/was signed up for March 3rd - 4th wknd.

Ritesh.

I hope my shoulder will be fine by then but I am signing up for the April 21-22 at TWS since they are running it clockwise (definitely more fun this way in my opinion).

Ojas, Ritesh, I would join ya at MSR at the end of this month but I'm afraid my rehab isn't far enough along (I still can't move my left arm).

Anyone else interested in the April 21-22 event?

Back