• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive Anyone? Sunday May 30th Roadtrip to Malibu?

Drive Anyone? Sunday May 31st Roadtrip to Malibu?

Hey NSX Primers, SUNDAY MAY 31st

Anyone interested in a drive to Malibu? I was thinking we all meet up in downtown Los Angeles for a drive up to Malibu and lunch at Neptune's Nest?

12th and Olive Parking Lot
Los Angeles, CA 90015
9:30am

Photoshoot - Good Eats - Great Friends

Who's In
1) giftedg

Last edited:
i'll be interested if i'm back from san francisco that day, considering i only live about 30 minutes from there. I can meet up with everybody at neptunes net.

whoa.. almost didn't see this. Isn't the 30th a Saturday and Sunday the 31st though?

I'd be interested if it's Sat or Monday (Memorial Day). Sunday doesn't look too open.

Isn't Memorial Day is this weekend... the 25th? I never know anymore since I don't work in a job that takes those minor holidays off anyway, haha :tongue: All the same to me!

But you are right about the 30th being a Saturday. I'm definitely interested, and either Sat or Sun works fine for me...

I am interested in the lunch. Going to be coming from South OC though, so it will be a bit of a cruise already for me. Will just meet up at what ever restaurant is finalized. :smile:

Isn't Memorial Day is this weekend... the 25th? I never know anymore since I don't work in a job that takes those minor holidays off anyway, haha :tongue: All the same to me!

But you are right about the 30th being a Saturday. I'm definitely interested, and either Sat or Sun works fine for me...

LOL!

just ignore me completely. yes, Memorial Day is this coming Monday (25th). had my wknds crossed up.

Re: Drive Anyone? Sunday May 31st Roadtrip to Malibu?

Sorry guys it is the SUNDAY May 31st.

Last edited:
If I did not already have plans this day, I'd go. It's nice to see you plan this event, Gail. I'm surprised more activities like this don't happen given the number of NSX owners we have in So Cal. There will be more. :rolleyes:

As an FYI and in case not enough reply to this thread, there is a large multi-marque meet and road trip planned this day. See the posting by lazysan in the So Cal Regional folder. While not exclusive to NSXs, it looks to be quite a meeting.

I'm surprised more activities like this don't happen given the number of NSX owners we have in So Cal. There will be more. :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. Big thanks to the OP for setting this up!

updated list:

Who's In
1) giftedg
2) RYU
3) derelict
4)

As an FYI and in case not enough reply to this thread, there is a large multi-marque meet and road trip planned this day. See the posting by lazysan in the So Cal Regional folder. While not exclusive to NSXs, it looks to be quite a meeting.

Interesting... I hadn't seen that one before.

Chino Hills is pretty far away for me... maybe it would make sense to combine this cruise with that one? Still meet downtown at the same time, then all caravan over?

If not, I'm cool with heading to Malibu... it won't be as hot there anyway, haha :cool: But we might get more people if we combined the two? ...

Took me a minute to find the thread
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120795&highlight=lazysan

I'm sort of torn. I want to meet up and check out the cars and meet the ppl but it will be hot and it's going to be a bit of a drive.

I'll defer to giftedg. I can go either way and be just as happy doing either. I actually have a free Sunday which is rare. I can't think of a better reason to put off doing work on my LS1 swap in the Chevelle :biggrin:

UPDATE: I just read through the thread. I'm now 60/40 in favor of making the drive down to the IE. Who can turn down Lucille's BBQ and a drive up the GMR? haha

Last edited:
UPDATE: I just read through the thread. I'm now 60/40 in favor of making the drive down to the IE. Who can turn down Lucille's BBQ and a drive up the GMR? haha

I hear ya. Another thing to consider, is that if the weather is nice on Sunday, Malibu (and especially the PCH) will be pretty crowded. Same as you, I'm torn. Giftedg, looks like it's your call :biggrin:

But fwiw, if we all decide to go to Chino hills, I would still be interested in caravaning there...

think we should hold off on this and go to chino hills and do the malibu thing maybe next month, but i might not make either one any ways, so it's up to OP

Last edited:
I'm ok with moving the date out and going to the Chino Hills meet. Let's all meet at the Starbucks at Flair Drive. Right off the 10?

10am?
Starbucks
9208 Flair Dr, El Monte, Ca 91731

I'm ok with moving the date out and going to the Chino Hills meet. Let's all meet at the Starbucks at Flair Drive. Right off the 10?

10am?
Starbucks

Sounds good! I'm in :cool:

Chino Hills it is, then.

Not sure if I'll meet up with you guys at Flair since I'm closer to Chino Hills, but I might if I'm itching for a caravan. ;)

Gail,
I'll see you at Starbucks. Have you guys seen the photos posted around the net? I've yet to process my pics, but will try to get some out tonight.

Graeme,
I'm half way between Flair and Chino as well. Call me and let's do a mini-caravan, don't drive too fast tho... :D

10am?
Starbucks

1.giftedg
2.derelict
3.cdx_nsx (maybe)
4.ryu
5.mpkr91
6.otoro

Why don't you guys meet up with the Supra caravan I have setup in Covina at 10:00 from there? That'd be a sexy sight. Two lanes of cars. Both NSX and Supra. Oh boy I got excited! :eek: If you're interested send me a PM. I don't want to take over your caravan to my meet, I'd just think it'd be cool to combine the two. :biggrin:

Gail,
I'll see you at Starbucks. Have you guys seen the photos posted around the net? I've yet to process my pics, but will try to get some out tonight.

Graeme,
I'm half way between Flair and Chino as well. Call me and let's do a mini-caravan, don't drive too fast tho... :D

Jerry, if I go straight there, I'll be coming off the 57. Any ideas of where to meet up?

Why don't you guys meet up with the Supra caravan I have setup in Covina at 10:00 from there? That'd be a sexy sight. Two lanes of cars. Both NSX and Supra. Oh boy I got excited! :eek: If you're interested send me a PM. I don't want to take over your caravan to my meet, I'd just think it'd be cool to combine the two. :biggrin:

Where in Covina are you gathering?

Back