Dream realized

Since I was knee high to a grasshopper I've been a motorhead. I went to school, did well and then got a good job. But even then I did not run out, plop down my money for a much sought sports car because Momma had taught me to save first. After the future was secure then you can buy yourself toys.

Well, for the past week I have been the owner of a pristine '95 Brooklands Green / Tan NSX. Only mods are the Comptech header, exhaust, and airbox. What a joy to drive! Currently having a clear bra and security system installed. Any suggestions? I had thought about going the FI route, but now I'm really pretty happy just the way the car runs and handles as is.

Eric

Let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Ive had mine for about 4 months and I STILL am blown away by the handling and finesse of the car! I smile EACH time im driving it!

Enjoy it and get out and DRIVE IT every chance you get!

Eric, CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am in the same situation, and only hope that I will fulfill my dream soon (sometimes I get the feeling I will have a stroke or something before that happens and will never enjoy my nsx to the fullest...:( ).

Everytime I am ready to buy the X, something crops up (baby, house, and now this new Honda Pilot sitting on my driveway).

soon...

Congraulations Eric!! You're a smart man, saved and then bought your toy. You'll never look back now, post some pics so we can see if you can.
As far as the clear bra, good choice in my opinion. I had the clear bra installed on my car a month ago, its great. As I am a nut about keeping the front end of the car looking the absolutely best this solution is the best around IMO. For the hood make sure you get the Leading Edge kit from X-pel. It goes almost halfway up the hood. Good luck and enjoy your car :D

Congratulations! I am in the process of trying to buy an NSX. Hopefully it will be what it has been represented to be and I will have one within the next couple of weeks.
Who is doing the clear bra, how much coverage are you having appplied and what is the cost?
Just saw two Porsche Carreras over the weekend with it and I was sold. That will be one of the first things my car will receive. I am way too tired of putting the regular bras on my cars and taking themoff to find small scratches.
Safe driving and enjoy.
Cairo

Hey for what it is worth, I just got a price from a company that installs the clear bra kits here in the San Francisco Bay Area for $695 - that includes the hood, fenders, front bumper, mirrors, door edges, etc. The name of the company is Ivisi-guard. I have never used them nor heard of them before, but the referral came from the only body shop I would ever let touch one of my cars, Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland, CA. They have worked on most of my high-end cars, MBZ and Porsche, and are absolute perfectionists. When I get my NSX, it will go to Brook's for the rear valance update!
Cairo

I'm having a VentureShield brand clear bra installed. They don't have a kit for the NSX, however, the installer is custom cutting one for my car. He is planning on charging me $550 to do the bumper, and the rest of the front end up to about 18 inches above the leading edge of the hood, the mirrors, a pillors, and the sills behind both the front and back wheels. I have asked around about the different brands of clear bras, but didn't learn much. A couple of friends had the 3M product and stated it "yellowed" after a few years.

Eric

Congrats on the recent purchase of your car. I'm sure you will be happy with it.
I would look loooooooooooooong and hard before jumping into the FI arena right now.
Read thru the FI Forum on here to get a better idea.

Back