• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Downforce NSX-R Aluminum undertray!

Designed and manufactured based on the very rare original NSX-R undertray.

t3_02.gif

"Smoother forward and under-body airflow"
Reduction value: Clf -0.0401.

*Will only work together with the NSX-R / Downforce front bumper undertray.

*Longitudinal fins will be available as an option in the near future.

*Installation should be rather simple for anyone that can at least change their own oil. :smile: A lift and some stands(or some extra hands) to hold the part in place will make the install much easier.

*Hardware included: 5 push tabs, 4 10mm bolts, and 6 set screws.

nsxr004.jpg

Downforce front bumper undertray.

Picture002-1.jpg

Installed together.

Picture002-1.jpg

Closer shot.

Picture005.jpg

Another angle.

Various angles trying to show attachment points.

Picture018.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Prices:

Downforce front bumper undertray: $325 FRP / $495 Carbon Fiber
Downforce NSX-R Aluminum undertray: $350 aluminum

$50 shipping within the continental USA
$75 discount if ordered together.

Payment: [email protected] or call to make a credit card purchase.

Available for shipping Oct. 8th - I do have these in stock, but the hardware will take me a couple days to get together.

Last edited:
1)does your aluminum undertracy work with the early aluminum support (the part under and in front of the battery tray) OR the newer style (97+_) alumimun support.. or both???

2) is it possible to move the battary tray onto the downforce undertray and eliminate the stock piece in #1?

thanks
tom

Questions -

1. If we already ordered the front bumper undertray do we still qualify for the discount offered?

2. Are the rubber fins you will be offering in the future mountable to this version of the aluminum undertray or do we need to wait for generation 2?

Are the rubber fins you will be offering in the future mountable to this version of the aluminum undertray or do we need to wait for generation 2?
Same question please

regards, Paul

1)does your aluminum undertracy work with the early aluminum support (the part under and in front of the battery tray) OR the newer style (97+_) alumimun support.. or both???

2) is it possible to move the battary tray onto the downforce undertray and eliminate the stock piece in #1?

thanks
tom

1. The undertray works for the newer aluminum support, and we will be test fitting on the older one today to make sure it works the same. Thanks for asking as I did not even think to check that. :)

2. This part is only a diffuser, and does not support anything else. I would not remove the battery tray or anything else for that matter.

Questions -

1. If we already ordered the front bumper undertray do we still qualify for the discount offered?

2. Are the rubber fins you will be offering in the future mountable to this version of the aluminum undertray or do we need to wait for generation 2?

1. Definitely

2. We are going to make aluminum fins that will bolt up to the existing model. I do not expect this optional part to retail for more than $99

Hey Ben,
What does this value translate to?

Reduction value: Clf -0.0401.

Thanks

Here is an explanation Peter posted on another thread awhile back. This might help you understand the numbers a little better. This is really all we have as technical information.

Here is the breakdown of all the aerodynamic enhancements and values.
Clf = Coefficient of Lift
NSX-R Hood: Clf: -0.025
NSX-R Hood Duct: Clf: -0.010
NSX-R Front Undercover (front bumper and battery tray): Clf: -0.040
NSX-R Smaller Air Condenser Openings: Clf: -0.025
NSX-R Rear Spoiler: Clf: -0.085
NSX-R Rear Diffuser: Clf: -0.002 (Cd: -0.003)

The NSX-R has the following values
Overall Clf: -0.100
Front Clf: -0.040
Rear Clf: -0.060
Cd (drag): 0.32

At 112mph this translate to vertical force of 80 lbs on the front tires and 55 lbs on the rear tires. This data is from Honda. The way the diffuser works is to increase the speed by creating an air channel that gets smaller. Once the speed under the car is greater than over the top of the car, it creates downforce without sacraficing top speed limits. Honda intended to balance the downforce ratio of 40% front and 60% rear, to reduce changes in steering characteristics during high speeds.

Hope this helps.

How much of the opening underneath the frame rails through which the air from the radiator would normally flow into the wheel wells do you think is closed off by the vertical sides of the aluminum undertray? It looks like most of the opening is closed off.

Do you think a vented hood will be required? For cars that have a vented hood, the vertical sides of the undertray should help ensure that the air that has passed through the radiator doesn't exit into the wheel wells but rather has to go out through the hood instead. Without a vented hood, it doesn't look like the air will have an easy way of escaping.

I don't think the vertical sides of the diffuser blocks much airflow. Here are more photos that should let you see the part better.

823047.jpg

823044.jpg

823035.jpg

823033.jpg

The OEM part was obviously designed to be used in conjunction with the vented hood, and we do not have any data to show any negative effects of running one without the vented hood.

can i ask a probably stupid question???

here it goes:

why does this part have to have so many holes and different sized?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

can i ask a probably stupid question???

here it goes:

why does this part have to have so many holes and different sized?? :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Drain holes above the diffuser are repeated in the aluminum under tray. We did not add or subtract anything from the OEM part, so every bend, curve, hole, tab, etc. all comes from Honda engineering. I was actually very surprised how everything including our front under tray lined right up without any fitting or adjustment.

Holes on either side will be used to mount the longitudinal fins.

Thanks! If there is enough interest shown in this piece, I will start making our other under body panels in aluminum as an option.:smile:

absolutely fabulous parts...

Good job, Ben you did it again.. Is this an introductory price or the price will stay in the future?

I remembered someone did bolt on an aluminum piece below the front area, and without a ducted hood, it will actually create some lift. Is that true in your case? Had the part been track test yet? please let us know..

This price will remain the same.

I should add that we only have 20 sets in stock at the moment, and it takes 6 weeks for each batch to be completed. NSX Prime gets first crack at the pile since I always release new parts here first. Even before it's on our website! :)

We have not track tested this component yet, but at this time I will highly recommend this to be used together with the NSX-R hood.

This price will remain the same.

We have not track tested this component yet, but at this time I will highly recommend this to be used together with the NSX-R hood.
IIRC, using without the ducted hood may affect the cooling.

Ben, great looking parts. Your photo's show install on 02. For the pop-up variant, are the front mounting points common to the splitter? When will the side fins be available as I would like to order for single shipping please.

regards, Paul

I will make a statement that running this without a vented hood is not recommended. I will even go to say that having this on without a vented hood will cause overheating. So therefore I do not recommend this product if you do not have a vented hood.

Until further testing, we have only been able to verify that the aluminum NSX-R under tray works on 02-05 NSX.

They are ready to ship!

Had some time at work so we put on the front under tray + aluminum battery tray and the non-compliance front pivot clamp kit (15-20 minute install). It took about 30 mins to install the parts from DOWNFORCE, pretty straight forward. I do recommend drilling some holes into the factory front plastic splash guard where the clips for the front undertray attach to the aluminum tray . If not the top of the push pin will hit the factory splash guard and will cause the bottom of the tray to be pushed down a little further than you may want (on cars that are very low). The holes will allow for the top of the pin head to recess and allow for the under tray to be flush and will allow more room for the pins to be pushed all the way into the tab, it will make your life much easier.

I highly recommend running the DOWNFORCE hood for its function with the undertray parts and because of the fitment. Fitment is better than ever on these hoods as the lifting of the hood on the passenger side towards the headlight has been eliminated.

IMG_2958Medium.jpg

IMG_3048Medium.jpg

IMG_3050Medium.jpg

IMG_3040Medium.jpg

IMG_3038Medium.jpg

Last edited:
Back