Door weatherstrip question

I have a 2001 Targa Top and looking for the correct driver door weatherstripping. Everyone shows same part number for regular and targa top but that can't be correct. I enter my vin number and was shipped the weatherstripping but is one solid piece with no cutout for targa top. Any help would be appreciated.

What part # did you get? Since we have frameless doors on the NSX, I would expect the door weatherstripping might well be the same for the hard top and Targa.

Amayama says that for 2001, 72350-SL0-013 has been replaced with 72350-SL0-023, and oemacuraparts.com seems to say the same thing.

For a 1992 Coupe, 72350-SL0-003 has also been replaced with 72350-SL0-023, per Amayama, so I'm guessing 72350-SL0-003 was replaced by 72350-SL0-013, and then subsequently 72350-SL0-023.

Note that there are 2 layers of sealing joined at the front and rear, so there is no "cutout" per se.

Last edited:
That is a piece of rubber that you will definitely want to order from Amayama who sell it for approximately 1/3 the discounted cost of North American vendors.

Also, don't even think of replacing it without having the service manual on hand. The service manual devotes a lot of pages to the gasket replacement, although not as many pages as it does to the front gasket replacement. This is a job that is complicated and easy to screw up. Another benefit of owning a Tee top.

That is a piece of rubber that you will definitely want to order from Amayama who sell it for approximately 1/3 the discounted cost of North American vendors.

Also, don't even think of replacing it without having the service manual on hand. The service manual devotes a lot of pages to the gasket replacement, although not as many pages as it does to the front gasket replacement. This is a job that is complicated and easy to screw up. Another benefit of owning a Tee top.
Thanks I got it from sushi motors my supplier in Japan. $303. I found a YouTube video on replacing it so as soon as it gets here I will get it switched out. Thanks for the help everyone.

Back