Dont ya just love the stock NSX seats?

Man, I don't think they could have made the stock seats more comfortable. I hear of Porsche seats being uncomfortable after a few hours drive but I gotta say that Honda nailed the NSX seats on the 1st try. I recently drove over 7 hours in them and they felt great! No driver fatigue at all.

I couldn't agree more.

The NSX seats are supremely supportive, very comfortable, and so damned simple.

My only complaint is that Honda made what I feel is a mistake when they added the weight and complexity of making the seats power. Because I'm short, I move the seats all the way back each and every time I get in and out of the car for two reasons: (1) makes ingress/egress easier and (2) significantly reduces wear on the side bolsters (I have very little visible wear on my tan seats even after nearly a decade of use). A simple sliding seat would be lighter, less maintenance free, cheaper, and at least for me... easier to use.

Its comfortable as heck!!! I love them but wish I can have the NSX R seats like Vance!!!:biggrin:

I guess my seats are OEM. The Type R seat is actually slightly more comfortable than the OEM leather seats. You can't however, recline it.

Yes the seats are very comfy but hopefully I'll be losing them to some lighter Brides or Sparco's sometime in the next year. I wish mine were black.

I couldn't agree more.
Me too. In fact, a few years ago, a major magazine was reviewing the Accord, and said that the seats were almost as good as the incredibly comfortable seats of the NSX. IOW, they were still being used as the benchmark for comfort even ~15 years after their introduction.

My only complaint is that Honda made what I feel is a mistake when they added the weight and complexity of making the seats power. Because I'm short, I move the seats all the way back each and every time I get in and out of the car for two reasons: (1) makes ingress/egress easier and (2) significantly reduces wear on the side bolsters (I have very little visible wear on my tan seats even after nearly a decade of use). A simple sliding seat would be lighter, less maintenance free, cheaper, and at least for me... easier to use.
That's funny, because (even though I'm average height) I move the seats all the way back each and every time I get in and out of the car for both the reasons you mention, and I prefer the power seats to make their frequent adjustment easier. :smile:

They're the 2nd most comfy seats I've had. Hard to believe but my old 87 Celica GTS seats were the best. Everyone who rode in it for any length of time commented on it or fell asleep. THey also had power lumbar and the sides flexed in and out.

Agreed. I drove 800 miles to NSXPO in Phoenix, and I was so comfortable I could've made another 400 miles easily. The miles just flew by, helped by the fact that we were screaming across the desert with about 30 NSXen.

haha yea i drove from San Antonio, TX to Los Angeles, CA in about 22 hours... non-stop... it was amazing.. Of course I stopped for bio breaks, food and a short 30 minute cat nap but thats it! Its pretty amazing...

Believe it or not, the most comfortable seats from Honda are from the 88-81 Prelude. I remember poeple used to steal that car just for the seats.

Yes, the OEM seats are supremely comfortable. Have travelled in excess of 700 miles a day in them without any fatique problems whatsoever. I just wish they were a little bit lighter.
Although I have never had the chance to try the Recaro PP seats yet, I keep looking at those as possible replacements. Would probably go for these in leather/alcantara and in black but its the non-reclining back and the unknowns about the long-drive comfortability that has kept me off so far.

yes i agree. i found the nsx's seats to be suprisingly very comfy, yet it held u in place very bucket-like.

I agree!

The OEM NSX seats are excellent, but the leather seats of my old 300ZX were even better (Just slightly, but better).

Though the driving position of the NSX is the best I've come by by far!

Believe it or not, the most comfortable seats from Honda are from the 88-81 Prelude. I remember poeple used to steal that car just for the seats.
I have these exact seats in my 300ZX now.:smile:

They are great! Only thing I would change would be the leather to CLOTH!

Most comfortable OEM seats I ever had; especially for lower back support. Only improvement I would suggest is to be better ventilate the lower back area.

Comfy and kewl!

momo_4.jpg

Yeah, and if you look up the definition of a bucket seat, they should have a picture of the NSX seats.

My Recaro Pole Positions are 10X more comfortable, even on long drives.....

I hope so, I ordered leather pole positions last week. I was going to recover stock seats, but they are a little too tight on my hips. I am a 34 waist, so I pulled the trigger for the Recaros. I hope I like them too..:smile:

Back