Don't run over a dog....

unless you really want to screw up your front end like I did. Just a note here, a lowered suspension goes a long way toward contributing to damaged body work if you do decide to run over something large in the road.

Sooooo....it looks like I'm gonna need some body work. Has anyone used Sabs for body work? They've repaired my wheels a couple of times and did a great job but it took them FOREVER to get it done. Does anyone know if they have the same problem in the body work department and any experience with the quality of their work as well??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis

Hey Dennis

Sorry to hear about this. Jeff Baker has taken his NSX to Sabs. You should ask him about the work there.

Hey dennis! Sorry to hear that bro!! :eek: I had my car at SABS about two months ago they painted my 02 rear valance that you saw that day at BW3 and other nic nac stuff. They told me 2 weeks and it took 3? so no the wait isn't that bad :wink:

Hit me up and we'll get your car worked out, and i still need to get u that inspection sticker, i haven't forgotten! :wink:

Hey Dennis

Sorry to hear about this. Jeff Baker has taken his NSX to Sabs. You should ask him about the work there.

Whats up matt!! How u been bro? We need to let off some clips at the shooting range soon.. i got that itchy finger trigger itch again :eek:

Art from Sabs fixed 1 of my wheels before then tried to scam me out of $100+ more.Here it is in cliff notes to sum it up...

-got wheel fixed
-bend was took out but now my polished lip had A LOT of scratches on it
-Art said it was gonna be ATLEAST $100 more to polish out scratches HE did
-I say no,so other worker takes it to my car as is.Bend free but now looking uglier
-He asks me why it has scratches and I say because SABS didnt have the equipment to polish it out.
-Employee starts telling me in spanish that they do and I paid so its included.He takes the wheel back in and starts polishing out the scratches.
-Art comes out YELLING at me saying he told me they didnt have the equipment and that I didnt pay for the service.

He got all in my face and everything.Boy im glad I managed to contain myself.He also ripped off my friend a while back on painting his car.Let me find the thread he posted and i'll link you guys.

No kidding AlleyKat? Hmmm... I've had a couple of wheels repaired before with no problems other then it took forever for them to get it done. I've heard good things about their body shop but my concern is the duration of the work since my NSX is my daily driver. How long ago did this happen? Anyone else have any trouble with them???

Thanks everyone. Still haven't had time to get an estimate yet.....

Dennis

No kidding AlleyKat? Hmmm... I've had a couple of wheels repaired before with no problems other then it took forever for them to get it done. I've heard good things about their body shop but my concern is the duration of the work since my NSX is my daily driver. How long ago did this happen? Anyone else have any trouble with them???

Thanks everyone. Still haven't had time to get an estimate yet.....

Dennis
My wheel problem was like a year ago.He told me he had to send it out to get polished.But I had never before got a wheel fixed bend wise only to come pick it up with a million scratches.Supposedly he had to send them out to get polished.The other worker though told me different story in spanish.Poor guy probably got in trouble for telling me the truth.

Here goes my what my friend posted about SABS a while back regarding their paint & body work.

i dropped my prelude off to get a body kit installed, everything shaved and painted. me, my dad and another friend stood outside.. went around the car and pointed out everything to art. he quoted me $2400 for everything. i went back every other day or so to check on it and the progress. about 3 weeks later he calls and says the car is done to come and pick it up. we go up there.. the body kit is installed (not painted) and everything is shaved with huge bondo spots. i look at him like "" and he said his $2400 quote didnt include paint when he clearly said he'd paint it audi black pearl 2x to us. he sat there in disbelief but it was our mistake not to get a WRITTEN estimate before we left. he then said "ok ill cut you a deal, ill paint the whole car for an additional $1500". what the f*** dude are you serious? i bit my tongue and paid to have it painted. it came out with orange peel and paint on the windows. i wanted to f***ing punch someone. the dude screwed me over and he knew what he was doing. over all i spent $4000 for a maaco paint job and a crappy body kit install.

Well, thanks for the heads up. Now I'm seriously concerned about Sabs. Does anyone here have any positive experiences with paint and body shops in the area? I'd like to get my car fixed as soon as practica without having to leave it somewhere for an extended period of time....

Well, thanks for the heads up. Now I'm seriously concerned about Sabs. Does anyone here have any positive experiences with paint and body shops in the area? I'd like to get my car fixed as soon as practica without having to leave it somewhere for an extended period of time....

I've used Modena off West Belfort. They do quality work but do take their time. And they are pricey.

Call me, I can give more details. Maybe you can call them to have an appointment and that way no cars(or dogs :)) are in front of you.

Modena is pretty dam pricey.If thats not a problem then just got to JC Autobody.They did all my friends cars.They have countless amounts of show winners that have came out of there.Here some pics of my friends cars done by JC auto.

widebody rx7 with lambo blue paint
24b1yjt.jpg

custom widebody 350z
zohzde.jpg

widebody supra with lambo silver
11kbdkk.jpg

ls430 with fenderwork
xbfqro.jpg

widebody 350z with lambo teal paint
2z4wcpw.jpg

widebody nsx with lambo yellow paint
2extx5d.jpg

I know 1 of my other friends got his front bumper painted at modena for $1,000.That blue rx7 up there got total package lambo colorchange,molded widebody,etc. for $4,000.I dont know what sounds better to you.Of course its always best to get a quote in person before you make a decision.

Judging by the pictures, it sure looks like Modena does good work. I want quality work but I'm not looking (or want to pay) for show quality since this is my daily driver and since it's the front end over time it will get beat up a bit. Also, this will come out of my pocket and not be an insurance company bill. And though $1000 sound like quite a bit to paint a front bumper, $4000 sounds really cheap for a wide body conversion WITH a complete paint job with color change. Sounds like quite a significant range in prices.....

Back