• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Don't deal with MEREX

I recently purchased a set of wheels (BBS RSII) from an NSX Prime member who calls himself MEREX (Ross Cormier). He accepted payment via paypal, the day after I won them on ebay. Over 30 days later, NO Wheels. After he promised shipment a number of times, I had to put a claim in with paypal to get my $930 back. Be careful.

Ed

Hey- now what a coincidence.... that looks like the Set of BBS RS11's that were stolen from my place years ago. The curb rash looks identical and the sizes/offsets match. Maybe we can all sync up and get to the bottom of this. I think I know just the person to call.

John@Microsoft said:
Hey- now what a coincidence.... that looks like the Set of BBS RS11's that were stolen from my place years ago. The curb rash looks identical and the sizes/offsets match. Maybe we can all sync up and get to the bottom of this. I think I know just the person to call.

Now that is crazy. Were they stolen off your car?

CerberusM5 said:
Now that is crazy. Were they stolen off your car?

No, they were stolen off my back porch like 4 years ago as I had swapped them out at the time for some track wheels to go with my wide body. I believe I may have some good close-up pictures of the curb rash as it seems consistent with the author's description, I'll have to look and perhaps get the ball rolling here. I suspect their is a sure-fire test to find out if it is indeed coincidence or if they are the same set.

rs11.jpg

Last edited:
Ed, I just left him a voicemail. I've been friends with him for awhile. I actually bought my car from him. Ill figure out whats going on and get back with you. Ross doesn't live very far from me. Im SURE that all is not lost here. There has to be a logical explanation. Ross is a good guy.

Dave

I too know Ross personally and he is not a theif. I sold him my Iforged wheels a while back. I hope all of this gets straightened out. Ross has always been a good guy from what I can tell.

John, Ross lives in Louisiana and I doubt highly that he had anything to do with stealing your wheels. BBS has been know to make a couple of sets of each wheel and curbing them seems to be a common occurence too.

SNDSOUL said:
John, Ross lives in Louisiana and I doubt highly that he had anything to do with stealing your wheels. BBS has been know to make a couple of sets of each wheel and curbing them seems to be a common occurence too.

Agreed. I never suspected the seller, nor made any direct accusations in regards to him it just looked very similar to my set that disappeared... and it is a very common occurance for property to change hands several times, especially via internet sales, often times with buyers/sellers being unaware of the genuine origins of their parts. I am familiar with the RSII's, their sizes/offsets, finish options, and approx. production numbers. I spoke with a detective as I still have my case number, but in truth, it's not even worth my time to pursue without an etching or serial identification that is clearly tracable although he offered to have Banton Rouge PD stop out and make an inquiry if I wanted.

To me, it's more of a curiosity and frankly irrelevant, as the set I had did not properly performance balance nor would they pass x-ray for micro stress fractures being pretty spent- so I hope whoever took them didn't hit the next track day.

However, since you know the gentleman, I would take it as a personal facor that if you do make contact find out if he is the original owner and if not where he got them out of curiosity. It would be interesting to me to see my set come up at some point somewhere other than the rear axle of some kids Integra.

Back