does this look funny ? carfax 2nd inspection ? look

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1994 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157RT000378) qualifies for the $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee. By ordering this CARFAX Report, you have significantly reduced your risk of purchasing a vehicle with a costly hidden problem.

Section #: Section Name: Section Results:
Vehicle Specifications JH4NA1157RT000378
1994 Acura NSX
Title Check Clean Title History Guaranteed
Odometer Rollback Check No Odometer Rollback Detected
Problem Check No Problems Found
Registration Check Checked 7 types of vehicle registrations
Vehicle History Details 5 Total Vehicle History Records Found

Activate your $5,000 Guarantee today!

Register at www.carfax.com/register

NOTE: CARFAX has not inspected this vehicle. It may have problems that have not been reported to CARFAX.

How did CARFAX analyze this vehicle's history?

VIN:
Yr/Make/Model:
Body:
Engine:
Fuel:
Driveline:
Aspiration:
Country Mfg.: JH4NA1157RT000378
1994 Acura NSX
2D Cpe. 2-seat car
3.0L V6 PFI DOHC 24V
Gasoline
Rear-wheel drive
Normal
Japan

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results confirm this 1994 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157RT000378) qualifies for the CARFAX $5,000 Clean Title History Guarantee. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's title history to determine if any title documents were designated or marked with the following problems:

Problem Titles Checked: Results:
Salvage/Junk Checked - No Salvage/Junk Title Found
Rebuilt/Reconstructed Checked - No Rebuilt/Reconstructed Title Found
Flood Damage Checked - No Flood Damage Title Found
Damage Disclosure Checked - No Damage Disclosure Found
Manufacturer Buyback (LEMON) Checked - No Manufacturer Buyback Found
Exceeds Mechanical Limits (EML) Checked - No EML Found
Not Actual Mileage (NAM) Checked - No NAM Found

NOTE: Click here for a complete CARFAX Glossary.

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1994 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157RT000378) did not uncover a potential odometer rollback. CARFAX analyzed this vehicle's reported odometer readings to determine if any reading is less than a previously reported reading.

Date Reported: Odometer Reading:
10/01/1996 11,000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/09/1998 90,000

GOOD NEWS! CARFAX search results on this 1994 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157RT000378) did not uncover any of the following problems:

Problems Checked: Results:
Accident Checked - No Accident Record Found
Salvage Auction Checked - No Salvage Auction Record Found
Failed Emissions Inspection Checked - No Failed Emissions Record Found
Fire Damage Checked - No Fire Damage Record Found
Crash Test Vehicle Checked - No Crash Test Vehicle Record Found
Grey Market Vehicle Checked - No Grey Market Vehicle Record Found

CARFAX search results on this 1994 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157RT000378) identify the types of state motor vehicle department registrations, other than private, that appear in this vehicle's history.

Registrations Checked: Results:
Lease Checked - No Lease Registration Found
Rental Checked - No Rental Registration Found
Government Checked - No Government Registration Found
Taxi Checked - No Taxi Registration Found
Fleet Checked - No Fleet Registration Found
Commercial Checked - No Commercial Registration Found
Non-Profit Checked - No Non-Profit Registration Found

The CARFAX database contains a total of 5 vehicle history records on this 1994 Acura NSX (JH4NA1157RT000378):

DATE
REPORTED ODOMETER
READING INFORMATION
SOURCE GENERAL
COMMENTS

01/01/1995 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hinsdale, IL
Registered as private vehicle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

03/01/1995 Illinois
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Hinsdale, IL
Title #E9222164
Title issued

10/01/1996 11,000 Illinois
Inspection Station
Downers Grove, IL
Passed emissions inspection

10/09/1998 90,000 Illinois
Inspection Station
Downers Grove, IL

09/15/2000 Illinois
Inspection Station
Chicago, IL

the reason I ask is because

he says the (owner)

has 34,000 miles on it

why does it say 90,000 miles after the second inspection ?

if any body has any answers let me know

still looking for a clean nsx no wrecks and low mileage !

[email protected]

I find three things odd:

1) that the IL DMV was open and registering cars on January 1, a national holiday.

2) that a smog test was done when the car had exactly 11,000 miles, and

3) that the next smog test was done when the car had exactly 90,000 miles.

These numbers look like odometer mileage estimates rather than actual readings. Isn't it the required function of all state-approved smog testing stations to accurately record the odometer's precise mileage when the car is tested? I'd call the IL DMV to verify the answer.

Also, doesn't the current owner have a record of all repairs and maintenance? Their dates should reveal the chronology of events and odometer mileage, which you could compare with the CarFax data.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Thats probably because it does have 90000 miles on it, but the current owner probably rolled the odometer back to 34,000 miles, but it has not yet been recorded on car fax because he hasnt gone anywhere yet to have it inspected or at least have it recorded right now. If he claims there is 34,000 miles on it, and some form of physical evidence (maybe a picture of the odometer) that sez it and it actually reads 34,000 miles, then the car is a STINKER.

I doubt he put 79,000 miles on it in 2 years. Probably a miskey by the inspection agent or CarFax. You can tell the difference of wear on a car with 90k vs. 34k.

-- Chris

------------------
SoS_logo.gif

www.ScienceofSpeed.com - Click for more info

1) that the IL DMV was open and registering cars on January 1, a national holiday.

Sounds like the date that the computer would use as a default if it weren't filled in.

Isn't it the required function of all state-approved smog testing stations to accurately record the odometer's precise mileage when the car is tested?

In Illinois, they only enter the thousands and ignore the last three digits.

Also, doesn't the current owner have a record of all repairs and maintenance? Their dates should reveal the chronology of events and odometer mileage, which you could compare with the CarFax data.

Or, you could ask which of the nine Chicago-area Acura dealers serviced the car. The dealer enters the entire odometer reading at the time of service.

Isn't it the required function of all state-approved smog testing stations to accurately record the odometer's precise mileage when the car is tested?

Very wishful thinking! In the last 5 or 6 years, and some 8 cars I've driven through emissions, I always just tell them while they're busy verifying the vin on the winshield.

would anybody in the chicago

look at this for me !

it is located at

27 w. 333 North Avenue, West Chicago IL 60185

If there is anyone that is willing to look at the car for me to verify that it has never been wrecked or painted on

i am sure most of you not what to look for since you own nsx's

this will make number 8 that i have looked at I am crossing my fingers

look at one this past weekend in oklahoma city

OMG terrible !

thanks

[email protected]

Back