Does the bumper match the hood /paint/

Osiris_x11

Gold Member, Moderator: Marketplace
hmmm, I just wanted to get some input from owners of sebring silver NSX's or others who have been around them in person. This is a 'prospective' car I have been looking into... The owner is quite sincere and sent me many-many pics. He mentioned the front-bumper was 're-painted after the neighbor bumped it.'

I was just curious as to whether the repainted bumper matches the hood/fender? Also, the alignment/gap on the front bumper and hood: is it o.k. or appear to be a bit expansive? :confused:

I appreciate all your insights. Based upon the input, I'll maybe get a NSX'er in the area to do a "look-over" for me... and take it from there.

[NOTE: this is not meant to be offensive, it's just a way for me to get some subjective comments- as I am currently abroad & I value the opinions of the 'Prime masses]

The gap between bumper and hood appears too wide. It also appears uneven between the right and left sides.

Agreed, I can see a significant difference between the right and left headlamps and the bumper - that bumper doesn't seem properly aligned. However, it also seems to be a significantly different shade of silver than the rest of the car - I had a friend look over my shoulder and asked him what he thought of the car, without mentioning the paintwork, and he mentioned that the nose didn't match...

The border for the bumper should be very close to the borders for the hood, FYI, maybe 3/8" would be my estimate.

I agree with mikec and burbel too! My bumper (now Martin's car) was changed for a new one less than two year ago. And the installation was PERFECT, no disalignment at all and the gap was very even.

I do not imagine how can you install it with that gap since the mounting location are quite fixed. Maybe something is bent behind it? just my guess but I would be suspicious... :(

Back