Does color affect resale value??

I talked to a guy today about finding me a car and he said different colors affect resale value. I know this could be partly true but, the two colors I am interested in are white/black and yellow/black. I know the white Nsx's are some of the rarest in color. I was told that resale value and "ease of sale" would be better with the spa yellow than the white. Is this true? Thanks in advance.

Generally speaking, the more unique a color, the harder the sell, so I suppose the resale could be affected. I don't think the NSX is going to be the "norm" here.

If you had the choice between a purple ford taurus or a purple NSX, the NSX might intrigue you...the taurus probably would not. Thus a purple nsx vs a white nsx, the purple one might even sell for more since it's more rare...but a taurus, well, good luck.

Personally, I really wouldn't worry about it. Color is a personal choice, get what you like so you're happy with what you're driving and f*** the rest of the world. At least, that's my opinion. :)

Recent poll indicated that red was the most popular color, followed by black. That could indicate some value associated with color.

In my opinion (and take it for the little it's worth), the Brooklands Green and some of the Silvers (esp. the later years versions) seem to be a little harder to find a buyer for than the others. Personally (putting on a flame suit here) the Red is my least favorite, and not just on the NSX, but on most every car out there. That said, popularity of the color would tell you I am in the minority. I think the only way the color affects resale is that certain colors have a smaller pool of buyers, so it may take longer, or you may have to discount more, to sell.

I've always like the camouflage colors.

Imagine a NSX in camo colors:

M113A1Plate2.jpg

Too cool!! ;)

I agree with the "ease of sale" with yellow vs. white, but white (later years) is much harder to get ahold of. We had to wait 5 months to get a white/black, passed on a white/white (ick) and a white/tan (blah). I think right now there's 3 threads with people looking to get an 02+ white NSX.

Ryan

RyanITV said:
I agree with the "ease of sale" with yellow vs. white, but white (later years) is much harder to get ahold of. We had to wait 5 months to get a white/black, passed on a white/white (ick) and a white/tan (blah). I think right now there's 3 threads with people looking to get an 02+ white NSX.

Ryan

I hate you Ryan!!! JK!! I called about the Nsx they ordered for you. At first the sales guy gave me all the info on the car and I got so excited thinking it was available. Then in the back round I heard another sales guy saying that cars sold already!! Too funny. Seriously though congrats on the car.

Chris

Back