Does Caliber Collision do a good paint job?

Hi,

I was offered by a friend of mine that he can get me a good deal at Caliber Collision in City of Industry, California to re-paint parts of mine car that has minor scratches and scrapes. Does anyone know if they do a good job for the NSX? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

I hate to put to you this way but the answer is

funny030xg0.jpg

I had my car (300ZXTT) painted the same OEM color and the quality wasn't all that great. I'd go with another reputable body/paint shop.

Hi,

I was offered by a friend of mine that he can get me a good deal at Caliber Collision in City of Industry, California to re-paint parts of mine car that has minor scratches and scrapes. Does anyone know if they do a good job for the NSX? Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Body repairs on the NSX are not child's play. The chances that the shop in question or even a shop that deals with high-end cars has worked with aluminum are very, very slim and even if they have it was probably once and have very little overall experience.

If you need a shop and don't have a solid recommendation I would simply call your local Ferrari dealer and ask who they outsource their body work to. They are guaranteed to have lots of experience with aluminum and cars that need the level of attention the NSX needs and are accustomed to fixing cars to the outrageous standards of insane Ferrari owners.

Last edited:
Body repairs on the NSX are not child's play. The chances that the shop in question or even a shop that deals with high-end cars has worked with aluminum are very, very slim and even if they have it was probably once and have very little overall experience.

If you need a shop and don't have a solid recommendation I would simply call your local Ferrari dealer and ask who they outsource their body work to. They are guaranteed to have lots of experience with aluminum and cars that need the level of attention the NSX needs and are accustomed to fixing cars to the outrageous standards of insane Ferrari owners.

The left coast must be a lot different. I go to Ferrari events around here and look at the cars in the dealers (used) and the much of the work is mediocre. Some(note that I said some) of the Ferrari Factory paint is pretty poor IMO. Some is awesome. Every factory paint job I've seen on a 000+ Lambo has looked really good.
The last two years of BMW's is hit or miss as well. I have a two 08 328's at my shop that look so poor we have to work to bring it down to the crappy factory finish. New Neons look better.

Hummers! Uh, I better stop.:redface:

I think Lexus and Acura have nicer finishes as do Jaguar and Bentley's.

I would ask who does their work or go to a local NSX event and ask some folks there as well.

Last edited:
The left coast must be a lot different. I go to Ferrari events around here and look at the cars in the dealers (used) and the much of the work is mediocre. Some(note that I said some) of the Ferrari Factory paint is pretty poor IMO. Some is awesome. Every factory paint job I've seen on a 000+ Lambo has looked really good.
The last two years of BMW's is hit or miss as well. I have a two 08 328's at my shop that look so poor we have to work to bring it down to the crappy factory finish. New Neons look better.

Hummers! Uh, I better stop.:redface:

I think Lexus and Acura have nicer finishes as do Jaguar and Bentley's.

I would ask who does their work or go to a local NSX event and ask some folks there as well.

I agree but I think that is more a function of the used Ferraris never making it to the dealer's designated body shops. Many of the Ferrari dealer's recommended body shops around here refuse to even work on Ferraris older than 5 years. This results in crapshoots for used Ferrari owners and consequently lousy work. I think you'll be hard-pressed to see many F430s with lousy body work.

And I agree, I think there are many cars with better factory paint that Ferrari. Lambos look great and so do the British cars. The NSX is great and most Toyotas and Hondas look great.

PPG was and is the OEM finish for many Ferraris.
People tend to believe that Glasurite, is the ferrari paint. It was used on older, previous generation Ferraris.

This tag is from a 2008 430 F1 Coupe. Water Bourne Base
The 430's I've seen have stunning and beautiful paint!
ry%3D400

This tag is from a 1993 512TR (Glasurite) Solvent Bourne Base
ry%3D480

My opinion is that the newer Ferraris have a much nicer looking finish ,which is due in a large part to the technology and process used in the new State of th Art Ferrari Factory.

Bottom line is believe your eyes, not the hype.

Last edited:
Back