Does anyone know this 'for sale' NSX ??? Fake ad ??? As I'm currently looking for one

Hi everyone,

while browsing ads to try to find a NSX for sale... I came across this one :

http://git.me/used/car/us/14507285937460643840/2001-acura-nsx-nsxt

Does anyone know the car and / or if the ad is legit ? ( which I doubt... )

Thanks for your help !

Regis.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2001-acura-nsx-nsxt.jpg
    2001-acura-nsx-nsxt.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 1,497
Since there is email contact info, get the VIN. That will tell a lot. Myself and Joe L. are close to this, we may be able to actually look at it;)....

Regards,
LarryB

it was also posted 3 months ago you think it still hasn't sold yet? I doubt it

I saw this car sell on Ebay less than 12 months ago. It was a legit listing then, though this ad looks suspect. I can tell you there was definitely work done on the car though I don't remember the nature of it off hand. Let me dig my archives.

The additional info:
VIN is VIN#:JH4NA21691T000014

Was in an accident, not sure if there was frame damage or not
Was sold in Oct of 2014 (for significantly more than $27,000)

The description is basically a cut and paste from the original eBay add; less the disclosure that the car has in fact been in an accident. I'm fairly certain the add posted up top is non-legit, but the VIN I posted is most certainly the car in the picture. And FWIW, the car was in Newburg at the time of the eBay post. So the odds that it was sold Newburg to Newburg really stacks the odds against this current listed being legit.

In the event it is legit, I would have Larry out there ASAP....

Update #2
a simple search yields this Prime post
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/180208-Anyone-Have-Info-on-This-NSX-JH4NA21691T000014

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, advices and info's !!! Especialy for the VIN # BlackTop99 !!!
I'm now 100% sure the ad is a scam... I found other ads ( for other cars... ) with the exact same copied/pasted text !!!
I even got answers from the 'seller'... Copied / pasted emails...

So... Next ! :smile:

Link to my WTB post here if anyone can help... ( hope admins are OK for just sharing the link ??? please delete if not... ) :

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/192494-WTB-1997-2001-6-speed-Manual-3-2L-Targa-NA2-Black-interior-prefered-Damaged-OK

Attachments

• 3bis.jpg
    3bis.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 75
  • 8bis.jpg
    8bis.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
nice front flairs on that yellow.......grupp M:tongue:

buy only off NSXPRIME to be safe. autotrader, ebay, and any others you don't get any info on the cars because we as the collective of prime are unstopable LOL

To Fuoss484... Yeah... Sale ended 2 weeks ago... Seller was really slow in responding... So, meanwhile, someone else grabbed it... ( around $28,000 if I'm correct... ). I was just asking for pics of the bottom of the car... But well, this one is gone... :frown:

To Shawn110975... Sure, looks like prime is the best NSX community on the planet... NSX's are so rare that there will always be someone here knowing more about a car for sale... That why I'm mainly posting here now !!! I came across so many scam ads... that's just crazy... :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone ever bought a salvage / damaged NSX from www.copart.com auctions ??? I'm very comfortable with fixing damaged NSX's... Having our own bodyshop at work... We already saved NSX's... So, if I can save one more... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello Regis,

Welcome to nsxprime and I wish you the best of luck on your hunt for a NSX. How is your CRX project going ? My TGP CRX Si is almost 100 % restored. I am probably going to sell it and my 17K mile 90 CRX Si. I am working on 89 BMW M3 right now so it is taking time away from my NSX and CRXs.

Be very cautious. When I was in my two year search, I encountered many scams. Never ever make any transaction online and never meet in a sketchy area. Usually a low priced gem is a scam. But there is always a chance. Happy hunting...

I remember back around April there was a black NSX-R replica with orange rims that was for sale on ebay, then turned up on some various 'cars.com' style websites for $19k. It was listed as.. get this.. 20 minutes from me at a dealership that I know of personally, ha. Sent them an email just for fun and the 'seller' responded "the car is in Texas, I recently moved to the UK and couldn't take it with me so the car is for sale."

There was a base non-turbo MKIV Supra on craigslist about the same time for $7,500. What a joke that was. I texted the seller for fun and received a text back "email me at [email protected] for more info". Can't just text it? Nope because you can't spam text messages I bet.

These scammers are nuts.

Hi Brandon !!!!!!!!!!! That's great to hear from you here on Prime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool:

In fact, my CRX project is almost achieved !!! I'm working on it every week-end... I've found all the parts I needed... So I began to rebuild the car and day after day, I'm freeing some space in my garage... So I do now have enough room for one more car... So, time has come to hunt for a NSX !!! Finaly... :smile:

Happy to read that your CRX project is almost achieved also !!! ( I intend to drive mine on next summer !!! ). So, Your now working on an 89 M3... 3 liter V6 if I remeber well... 286 HP here in Europe ! Very great car to drive also !!!

I delayed the purchase of the NSX by 2 years due to lack of room in my garage... When I see the prices sky-rocketing now, I regret that decision... :frown: But well, a good salvage one would do... As I do also intend to rebuild it from A to Z !!!

The hunt has begun...

Hello Regis,

Welcome to nsxprime and I wish you the best of luck on your hunt for a NSX. How is your CRX project going ? My TGP CRX Si is almost 100 % restored. I am probably going to sell it and my 17K mile 90 CRX Si. I am working on 89 BMW M3 right now so it is taking time away from my NSX and CRXs.

- - - Updated - - -

To Jinks and Clutch1 : Sure... I'm only at the begining of my hunt... and scams are everywhere... Some people are copying / pasting pic's from legit ads and spread scam ads everywhere... So, that's clear... I must be very cautious !!! Problem is that among all scam ads, there's probably the legit one... But which one is it... I think it's where Prime members can help me !!! :wink:
But that's even more difficult for me... As I'm located in Belgium, Europe... Impossible for me to inspect every NSX for sale in person... But well, I'm thinking of using an Acura dealership as broker / middleman... I think that honnest sellers won't mind having their NSX inspected by an official dealership... At my own expenses of course !

Last edited:
also,if you see a car in the us you are interested in,often you can find a nearby prime member who is willing to look at it for you. i would certainly be willing to do that for one in my area.

My 99 sold on eBay a few weeks back, and then I got contacted by an eBayer saying he had seen the same photos on a Canadian Autotrader lisiting. Scams are out there, be wary!

Help / advice needed !

Hello everyone… Well… how to begin…
I’ve been gathering BNIB NSX parts / access for quite a while now…
And time has come… to buy my unicorn : a 1998 NA2 Targa NSX !

I started looking seriously for a NSX about 3 months ago
( I’ve been browsing ads in Europe for about 3 years now…
But nothing was meeting my criteria’s )

As I was after a targa one… I decided to focus my researches on the USA !
( where only targa’s were produced from 1997 on if I’m correct… )
California being the biggest ‘nest’ of NSX’s on the planet !

And… That’s where I’ve finally found my unicorn last week : in Sacramento !

So I’m now trying to figure out how to have it imported to my place : Belgium !

I guess most of you know that feeling… That day you’ve finally found yours !

So, my questions are… Does anyone here had his NSX imported from USA ?
Which shipping company would you recommend ? Any tip on a safe way to pay
The seller without being scammed ?

I’m a complete rookie on that point… And any help / advice would be welcome guys !

Thanks in advance,

Regis ( near future NSX owner… hopefully ) ;)

Not yet... I'm currently discussing with the seller ! He's sending me all requested pics... Waiting for more informations about car history at the moment... Can I PM you the seller's name ? Look's like you're located in the same area... May be you know him ???

Congratulations on your purchase! Did you have someone check the car out prior? :cool:

Last edited:
Back