does anyone know anything about this '93 NSX in Ohio?

fastaussie

Suspended
been speaking with a dealer in Ohio about this '93 NSX. seems like a fair enough bloke, deals in a lot of exotic cars, some costing much, much more than this NSX. i don't typically like buying from dealers at all, but these cars are obviously not very easy to find these days.

JH4NA1155PT000179

does anyone know anything about this car? it is supposedly up-to-date on the maintenance and needs nothing. thanx heaps guys, Chris...

http://www.prestigeeurocars.com/detail.aspx?ID=1113606&PageName=newandusedcars

he doesn't have any "actual" documentation. just states that the TB/WP was done last year, info gained from the Acura dealership it was traded in at? i'm sure he'd tell his mother the same story...

he doesn't have any "actual" documentation. just states that the TB/WP was done last year, info gained from the Acura dealership it was traded in at? i'm sure he'd tell his mother the same story...

You could *try* to get the info out of the Acura dealer if he can actually even provide the name of this supposed dealer ;)

Its very hit or miss (technically dealers are only allowed to share history with whoever paid the bill on the service originally), but if you explain the situation and say you just want a "yes/no" on "was this gigantic important service done here?" you may be able to get them to at least give you a "wink".

I've had varying degrees of success trying the above in the past.

Did '93s come with a red/tan interior combo?

EDIT:
wow, only 15 with red/Ivory in '93.

Last edited:
I think there are better values out there, but if I get a chance to get down to Columbus I will check it out for you.

There are two Acura dealers in Columbus, Lindsay Acura and Acura of Columbus. I would call them with the Vin and see if it was indeed a local car. I'm retired and live about 8 miles from your salesman and would be happy to check it out for you. Of course all i can realistically do is look at the oil, the rubber and have them put in up on a rack and eyeball the bottom for crash repair and look for aftermarket mods that may been undone. I've been an owner for 18 years and was once a pro mechanic. Let me know.

thank you Tanto and Juice, please take a look at your convenience, i'm in no rush. you boys (and the other members of this site) are amazing, and i truly appreciate the effort and help.

thank you also Thumper. you're not overly impressed with the car/package/price?

thanx again gentlemen, for the advice and offers to inspect what you can...

Stopped and looked at this NSX today. Well, it's shiny is about all good to say about it. Lots of bodywork has been done. You can see orange peel on the roof and three super large black runs directly ON the drivers door handle. RR fender has lots of waves as well as passenger door. Overspray on lower front bumper. Clear coat peeling off the red at the roofline seam. Interior console peeling. Ivory seats look terrible. The body was so bad i didn't even look at the engine. No one wants this car at any price. Needs full paint job.

I kept my tongue and said "while i'm here can i sit in your 360" that they had in their showroom right next to the X. He says 'NO". I balked a second and then said, "you're not interested in selling it?"? And then he starts in with the usual "well are you interested in buying it", blah blah, the seat is worth 4k crap. What an asshole. Got his card - Joe Fondriest - Prestige Eurocars. Won't be recommending these folks to anyone. I'm always expecting some sort of slur regarding NSX's from these guys (The Toy Barn is in my town also), but this guy was just a pure dick. Pass the word, i know i will.

Tanto, i was just getting ready to message you when i saw that you replied to the post. i was gonna ask who you take your car to in the area to have it serviced etc., so i would know who to check out this NSX. but it is now scratched off my list. thanx for checking it out and posting the condition, it is much appreciated. perhaps not by Joe from Prestige Auto, but it is by me and the rest of potential buyers...

Back