Does anyone have a photo of a Source Silver NSX?

The pics in the configurator are pretty good.
What exactly are you looking for beyond those?

The pics in the configurator are pretty good.
What exactly are you looking for beyond those?

The configurator pics depict a medium gray, as opposed to a light gray. However, the in-dealer paint samples appear lighter. I am hoping to see one or two photos of actual cars,

If you watch the Autoguide video on YouTube there's a brief scene with a few cars on the track together. One of those might be the color you're looking for.

Silver is literally THE most common car color there is. This is a special car and its color should also be different. This is coming from a silverstone NSX owner. I would go more of a sports car color. Something less common.

Silver is literally THE most common car color there is. This is a special car and its color should also be different. This is coming from a silverstone NSX owner. I would go more of a sports car color. Something less common.

I do not disagree. However, I am conflicted. I hate white. Blue and red are too bold (my driving habits necessitate that I drive a more muted color that will not attract additional attention from law enforcement -- and my wife has urged me to avoid these colors). Nord gray is too green. Black is ok, but dulls the lines of the car. Where does that leave me?

I usually seek out charcoal/dark gray or dark blue cars, with black as a fallback. My current NSX order is black. However, when I looked at the configurator again last night, the Source Silver looked darker than a typical light gray/silver (and darker than the dealer paint block). I know from experience that colors can look very different on a large surface, as opposed to a small paint sample/swatch. Thus, I wold like to see the Source Silver on an actual car.

I think you should stay with black. I know it "hides the lines" on almost every car but for some reason on this car the black just looks wicked. It looks mean.... futuristic.... yeah you have to take a step closer to see the detail but is that so bad? that the detail requires closer examination? that there is still more left to discover than what you saw from 50 feet away? Having said this, if you get black I wouldn't do black wheels. That "murdered out look" as the kids call it, is circa 2002. You need contrast. Get the lighter weight wheel, but have it refinished lighter in color.

I think you should stay with black. I know it "hides the lines" on almost every car but for some reason on this car the black just looks wicked. It looks mean.... futuristic.... yeah you have to take a step closer to see the detail but is that so bad? that the detail requires closer examination? that there is still more left to discover than what you saw from 50 feet away? Having said this, if you get black I wouldn't do black wheels. That "murdered out look" as the kids call it, is circa 2002. You need contrast. Get the lighter weight wheel, but have it refinished lighter in color.

Agree 100%. If I was ordering one today, I would go with black only. The other colors don't work on this car like they did the original.

And silver wheels for sure.

silver is literally the most common car color there is. This is a special car and its color should also be different. This is coming from a silverstone nsx owner. I would go more of a sports car color. Something less common.

blasphemer!!! Burn him!!!

blasphemer!!! Burn him!!!

LOL any color is good depending on how you accessorize it. For example silver's more muted tone makes OTHER things on the body pop. But if you go stock, silver is boring.

Acura should have more options. I find the NSX colors mostly conservative.... just like Honda always insists on being. They're like that girl you have in bed that's too timid.

I do not disagree. However, I am conflicted. I hate white. Blue and red are too bold (my driving habits necessitate that I drive a more muted color that will not attract additional attention from law enforcement -- and my wife has urged me to avoid these colors). Nord gray is too green. Black is ok, but dulls the lines of the car. Where does that leave me?

I usually seek out charcoal/dark gray or dark blue cars, with black as a fallback. My current NSX order is black. However, when I looked at the configurator again last night, the Source Silver looked darker than a typical light gray/silver (and darker than the dealer paint block). I know from experience that colors can look very different on a large surface, as opposed to a small paint sample/swatch. Thus, I wold like to see the Source Silver on an actual car.

White is the sexiest;)

I have viewed the samples several times indoors and more so outdoors. My goal was to find the color which I FELT works best for my desire of shadowing and accenting the cars lines. The silver (sample)is quite bright and light vs what the CG configurator shows. The white pearl in many condition's looks quite like a light silver. I had all samples laid out on my silver RL and other situations as well like the grass. In my mind it (the NSX) will look great in any color the owner choses. At least by THAT owner. And since they are the one choosing and paying for it, isn't that all that really matters? Do you want to walk up to YOUR car feeling you wish you got the color you originally or really wanted vs what some others preferred or praised over? Not ME! I need to make ME happy.
At one time I was starting to lean toward the White pearl. But after some experimenting with assorted lay down and viewing angles, I noted that in many set ups it (like some others) it/they really didn't shadow well. So it looked like a ~uniform block of color. To be honest pretty much each color was like that to varying degrees under some or differing conditions. Some more and some less pending the conditions of it and viewing distance or angles. IMHO the silver did the best (for me anyway)at showing curves (though still not perfect) and showing hues which "should" work well with cars numerous curved surfaces.
I'm thinking the Red Pearl may be the one which gets most WOW what a color by onlookers. It is Gorgeous and offers a lot of eye candy for sure. And to back that up I must add a little story here for those considering it. I have an '04 XLR in Crimson Red Pearl which in sunlight gets many positive comments from car people and perfect strangers going out of their way to comment. I always felt the NSX's V Red Pearl may quite similar... since seeing in NY show last year. So out of curiosity I drove my XLR to my dealers last week on a bright sunny day. I got the V red sample and placed it on my XLR in assorted places and angles. Much to my surprise was HOW SIMILAR/SAME? it actually was. 90+% of the time that sample literally just disappeared because it just matched the caddy paint so perfectly. I thought it would be close , but not so much so that it was almost an exact clone.
So in the end I had to decide. Do I want to seek similar kudos on NSX color as I frequently get with my XLR. ( BTW, I didn't get the XLR in that color for others, it caught my eye and that is all I cared. It was also bought slightly used vs ordered, so I didn't really have a choice)
In the end of the day last week I decided I wanted to stay with my original desire for maximum shadowing effect. Plus I suspect many will be bought in V Red (or blue) way and I wanted to be a little different. Plus I already have car in essentially the same version of Red.
So IMHO/advice to any buyer is ... Get What YOU Feel YOU want and shy away from others opinions of "what is best" steering you as there really IS NO BEST for everyone anyway. Make YOURSELF fell good inside when you approach YOUR car. Same goes for wheels, and especially the interior as you will be in there much more than anyone else is.

OK, off the soap box and sorry for getting TMI/ wordy and opinionated .. AGAIN

105CAC48-7F09-4E16-80D5-047F98313ACF_zpstdjrjcfb.jpg

5A6D922E-E56C-4445-AF33-2D707633565B_zpsvtxlqn4m.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive

Hmmm
I find that a little disappointing.
It does make the car look a little more BLAH than I'd expect.:confused:
However, it would much better to also get pix on bright sunny day.:rolleyes:
When I viewed all swatches on a cloudy day they all were lacking pop.
Then on another sunny day they all changed significantly.. especially the Silver, Red Pearl, Blue, White Pearl.
In sunlight, the silver had slightly more increased brightness/lightness. Problem is trying to image the car based on a very small area swatch.
This was very helpful regardless as I'd want to view what it (and all for that matter) look like on overcast as well as bright days.
If anyone can supply Bright day pix with silver it would be VERY MUCH Appreciated.

^ It doesn't look so great in those pics. Silver can be weird. To me, my car (sebring silver) looks 10x's better when it's overcast.

some say blue is your second favorite :P

Got a SS pic from my dealer Rep.

attachment.php

Attachments

• NSX SS 3 Screenshot_2016-03-19-09-26-20-1.jpg
    NSX SS 3 Screenshot_2016-03-19-09-26-20-1.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 227
Looks like the same silver as the silver on the other 5 million cars on the road to me.

Back