Does any one live in B.C. Canada

Hello. I am looking for a 97 black NSX to repaint lime green. But I would like to buy in Canada, to save on all the taxes. If any one know's of one for sale, or any dealers that would have one I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum, LGNSX. I saw pics of a lime/neon green NSX during my search last year, and it looked rather pukey IMO. The color was similar to the "Fast & Furious" green Eclipse, is that what you're thinking of? Anyway, good luck in your search.

'97's are pretty tough to find in Canada as it is... even 95-96's are rare and typically ask $65-75K. The only one I've seen advertised in western Canada in the past 3 years was a '99(?) Kaiser Silver NSX-T at a Honda dealership in Vancouver.

Good luck in your search.

Go to www.canadatrader.com and search on Acura and NSX in BC and you'll find about a dozen NSXs but no '97s. However there are 3 '96s (all blue) .. one at Speedline and 2 at Daewoo Richmond. Currently no '97s in Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, or Ontario but keep looking and you might find one. You'll also get a feel for the prices.

Can you get the pic?

PHOEN$X said:
Welcome to the forum, LGNSX. I saw pics of a lime/neon green NSX during my search last year, and it looked rather pukey IMO. The color was similar to the "Fast & Furious" green Eclipse, is that what you're thinking of? Anyway, good luck in your search.

I havent seen it in the movie. But I will let you know. Is that in part 2? I dont recall it in part 1. Thanks? But I would love to see that pic if you ever come across it. Thanks.

Thanks

CokerRat said:
'97's are pretty tough to find in Canada as it is... even 95-96's are rare and typically ask $65-75K. The only one I've seen advertised in western Canada in the past 3 years was a '99(?) Kaiser Silver NSX-T at a Honda dealership in Vancouver.

Good luck in your search.

Ya I know, there hard to find. All that I see here allot is 91 and 92's, very rare a 96. Well thank you.

Thanks for the info.

NSX2398 said:
Go to www.canadatrader.com and search on Acura and NSX in BC and you'll find about a dozen NSXs but no '97s. However there are 3 '96s (all blue) .. one at Speedline and 2 at Daewoo Richmond. Currently no '97s in Alberta, Sask, Manitoba, or Ontario but keep looking and you might find one. You'll also get a feel for the prices.

I will take a look. Thanks.

Re: Can you get the pic?

Lime Green NSX said:
I havent seen it in the movie. But I will let you know. Is that in part 2? I dont recall it in part 1. Thanks? But I would love to see that pic if you ever come across it. Thanks.
This is the FF1 green Eclipse I was thinking of. Is it the color you had in mind for the NSX?

Fast-and-Furious-Eclipse.jpg

Re: Re: Can you get the pic?

PHOEN$X said:
This is the FF1 green Eclipse I was thinking of. Is it the color you had in mind for the NSX?

No, too light this colour. Alittle bit darker and not as soft looking. Thanks for the pic. That was fast..HAHAHA!

NSX2398 said:
However there are 3 '96s (all blue) .. one at Speedline and 2 at Daewoo Richmond.
It's got to be the same car on consignment via multiple dealerships. They do show slightly different mileages but all are listing around 25k km... three 96's, all re-painted blue, all with the same aftermarket wheels in B.C.... spam ads or seventh sign of the apocolypse? :D

Seeing cars on consignment through a dealer is a new thing to me. I talked to a fellow in Ontario with a '95 NSX-T listed with a dealer but the guy still owned and kept the car. The dealer could only give me his phone number. I can't imagine the dealer would be involved and redirecting phone calls if they weren't getting some fee, and I can't imagine why the guy would give them ANYTHING when he's still basically doing all the work selling it. :confused:

CokerRat said:
It's got to be the same car on consignment via multiple dealerships. They do show slightly different mileages but all are listing around 25k km... three 96's, all re-painted blue, all with the same aftermarket wheels in B.C.... spam ads or seventh sign of the apocolypse? :D

Seeing cars on consignment through a dealer is a new thing to me. I talked to a fellow in Ontario with a '95 NSX-T listed with a dealer but the guy still owned and kept the car. The dealer could only give me his phone number. I can't imagine the dealer would be involved and redirecting phone calls if they weren't getting some fee, and I can't imagine why the guy would give them ANYTHING when he's still basically doing all the work selling it. :confused:

Do you still live in Calagary? There must be a few NSX's there. In VAncouver I see allot of them with Alberta lic plates. Do you own one? And what year is it if you do?

Yep, I do live in Calgary. I've just bought a red/black '91 and will be picking it up this weekend.... drool...

There are to my knowledge at least 6 NSXes for sale right now in Alberta (5 in Calgary and at least 1 in Edmonton, could be 2 but the 2nd ad is really vague -- poor practice for a car dealership IMO), all '91's. I've looked at two in Calgary this spring; one in truly immaculate condition but just too high a price tag, and the other in crappy condition and an even HIGHER price tag! :eek: I've talked to sellers about a couple other cars as well but issues with each prevented me from pursuing them further.

Beyond that, they're pretty rare on the street here. I see them maybe once month. In fact I saw one downtown today... I'm way up in a highrise office but couldn't mistake the blacked out roof on a red body with the signature twin-rectagle taillights even from 25+ floors up.

NSX2398 said:
Go to www.canadatrader.com and search on Acura and NSX in BC and you'll find about a dozen NSXs but no '97s. However there are 3 '96s (all blue) .. one at Speedline and 2 at Daewoo Richmond.

Now there are four listings. However, I have a feeling that none of them are blue. Why? First of all, blue was not offered in '96. Second, all four photos appear to be the same car. I would bet that these places are using photos of a different car for all their listings, and in fact the cars in question are some other color, perhaps Midnight Pearl (dark purple), perhaps something else entirely.

Soooooo LUCKY! and Congrats!!

CokerRat said:
Yep, I do live in Calgary. I've just bought a red/black '91 and will be picking it up this weekend.... drool...

There are to my knowledge at least 6 NSXes for sale right now in Alberta (5 in Calgary and at least 1 in Edmonton, could be 2 but the 2nd ad is really vague -- poor practice for a car dealership IMO), all '91's. I've looked at two in Calgary this spring; one in truly immaculate condition but just too high a price tag, and the other in crappy condition and an even HIGHER price tag! :eek: I've talked to sellers about a couple other cars as well but issues with each prevented me from pursuing them further.

Beyond that, they're pretty rare on the street here. I see them maybe once month. In fact I saw one downtown today... I'm way up in a highrise office but couldn't mistake the blacked out roof on a red body with the signature twin-rectagle taillights even from 25+ floors up.

Well enjoy my friend , I cant wait till the day I can lay my hands on the hood of my own and say your home.

Do you have any web sites to the one's for sale in Calgary?

I do say you must have a good eye... from 25+ floors up.. But soon enough you'll be sitting in one..Enjoy!

Thanks

The REAL nsxtasy said:
Now there are four listings. However, I have a feeling that none of them are blue. Why? First of all, blue was not offered in '96. Second, all four photos appear to be the same car. I would bet that these places are using photos of a different car for all their listings, and in fact the cars in question are some other color, perhaps Midnight Pearl (dark purple), perhaps something else entirely.

Ya , it looks like that to me as well. Thank you.

Re: Soooooo LUCKY! and Congrats!!

Lime Green NSX said:
Do you have any web sites to the one's for sale in Calgary?
The main two sources I used (for western Canada anyway) are:

www.canadatrader.com (mentioned already)
www.globemegawheels.com
...and the local paper's classifieds - another black '91 listed for $46500 this past weekend.

There are other sites that claim to be cross-Canada listings but they just don't have the traffic to be at all useful IMO.

The two red '91 listings on CanadaTrader disappeared in the last couple of days. Could be they've sold or else the two dealerships are just holding them for a week so that next week it can read "new listing". I can provide phone numbers for those two dealerships if you're interested. One has a really nice 69k km '91 red/black, just beautiful, very little to be found wrong with it but they're asking quite a lot ($52900+tax).

Good luck with your search, hope you find the right one!

Re: Re: Soooooo LUCKY! and Congrats!!

CokerRat said:
The main two sources I used (for western Canada anyway) are:

www.canadatrader.com (mentioned already)
www.globemegawheels.com
...and the local paper's classifieds - another black '91 listed for $46500 this past weekend.

There are other sites that claim to be cross-Canada listings but they just don't have the traffic to be at all useful IMO.

The two red '91 listings on CanadaTrader disappeared in the last couple of days. Could be they've sold or else the two dealerships are just holding them for a week so that next week it can read "new listing". I can provide phone numbers for those two dealerships if you're interested. One has a really nice 69k km '91 red/black, just beautiful, very little to be found wrong with it but they're asking quite a lot ($52900+tax).

Thanks CokerRat. I'll take a look at those sites and keep checking them out once in awhile. What I really want is a Targa. So I think I'll hold out till I can get one. There's no point till until that day comes. I thought about buying a 91 or 92, but my heart is set on a Targa. Thank you for the info. Keep in touch. If you are ever in Victoria let me know. I would love to see your car.

Good luck with your search, hope you find the right one!

Back