Documentary on MTV

The MTV documentary series, "True Life" is chronicling street racing. The episode should be airing throughout the weekend (starting Friday).

I haven't seen it, but my friend, who watched it yesterday, said it was extremely powerful. From what I could gather, the show is very dramatic because it exposes the risk and hazard of street racing.

The slant of the show intrigues me, so I will try to watch it. I'd be interested in hearing others' feedback. Did anyone already see this?

Matt

I saw both MTV shows on drag racing today...
The first was "Flipped" which touched on the hazardous side of street racing. Featured Papadakis and some other Import racers and it had some decent import footage(even a quick shot of a NSX).

The other show was an hour long documentary ("True Life") about the SoCal street racing scene...Featured a lot of real racers/tuners, and IMO had some of the best street Hondas thats I have actually seen on television: JDM DC2 Integra, fast 2nd gen N/A Integra. Really shows the extent of illegal street racing in Cali...If you are into Imports you will for sure enjoy this special!

Check your MTV listings, both shows will be repeating today, and probably more in the future.

------------------
www.xlconcepts.com

Yeah, I saw both of them also last night. In particular, I hope the two racers in the "Flipped" episode realize that the events staged for them are a real possibility (arrest, impounding, death, manslaughter charges, etc.) and that they stick true to their word and not street race. Take it to the track.

I'm glad that one guy in the True Life show decided to do just that.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Anyone have any way to capture the show and make it available to those of us "on the go" all the time?? =)

I've been traveling alot so I dont have time to watch much TV... =/

-E

I Captured It. Its approx a 200MB MPEG-1 VideoCD Compliant File. Just drag it to your favorite CD burning software (ie: EasyCD Creator, Nero, ETC) and drop it in a VCD template and burn to watch in your DVD player. Or just watch it on the computer.

If someone is willing to host it i'll upload it to them, but for now its circulating around IRC. Leave me your FTP / ICQ / AIM or somesort of contact and i can arrange a site to site transfer. PLEASE, only people who are going to host this clip, i dont have the time or bandwidth to upload to everyone who just wants to watch the show.

-Ray
'91 Red/Black on Advan SAR3's

Back