"Do you think I should buy this car and fix it up?"

We hear this question a lot in the "New and Prospective Owners" forum, where people hear about a salvage title, "repairable" NSX that they can buy for $15-20K, and they think it's a good deal - even though they don't know anything about how much it will really cost to fix up and restore.

Well, it looks like the NSX is not the only car so afflicted...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2459802100

That car is only about 30 miles from my house. I will have to go over and check it out. I have not seen an Enzo in person yet.

Ken,

This auction may be a scam !!

read:

"You are bidding on the right for me to broker this vehicle to you. "

and

"If your offer is not accepted I will wire transfer your 20% deposit in full no later then February 22, 2004. "

Yea right, I'm gonna wire $40k to someone I've never met, without any assurances that I'm going to own the car. This seller is a moron.

Even if this isn't a scam (and it may be), I would run away from this as fast as I could. If the insurance company thought the car could be fixed for $500K they would not have totaled the car and paid out $1.3M. Even if you can fix it for $250K (which we know better) you still paid $500K and no-one is going to buy the car for that. I suspect there is probably some damage to the basic monocoque body. It may be the door paritally open but things don't look right to me (in terms of the body) from the shot of the back.

I'd be sick if I got an Enzo and totaled it after 350 miles.

NSX_Dreamer said:

"You are bidding on the right for me to broker this vehicle to you. "

But I already know where the car is. I should email the seller and tell him I plan to post an auction with the web address of the Enzo in the title, but for 5k I will refrain from posting the auction. LOL:D :D :D

If I owned a F-1 Race shop I would buy it and have my top body guy do the repairs.
I bet this would be an easy repair for someone who works with, on a daily basis, the materials the Enzo is built from.

Re: Re: "Do you think I should buy this car and fix it up?"

effer said:
You should talk before with the german guy who restored the F40! :)

What is the current price for the Enzo?

I saw the slideshow of that F40...that was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful when he was finished and you could not tell it was wrecked.

From what I have read about this Enzo, the repair esitame it $450,000. :eek:

There are 4 F40s that I know about, that have been wrecked to the point that you would not know what it was. Even if you were looking right at it.

The worst one was Rolland's F40lm. It was burned nothing left exept the frame and gear box.
He found a brand new F40 motor in the crate, on Ebay for 25.000
he rebuilt it (close) to lm spec.
It cost him around 450.000 to do it his way.
He is a very nice guy and gives rides to everyone he can.

ToyCar%20076.jpg

prova4re said:
There are 4 F40s that I know about, that have been wrecked to the point that you would not know what it was. Even if you were looking right at it.

The worst one was Rolland's F40lm. It was burned nothing left exept the frame and gear box.
He found a brand new F40 motor in the crate, on Ebay for 25.000
he rebuilt it (close) to lm spec.
It cost him around 450.000 to do it his way.
He is a very nice guy and gives rides to everyone he can.

ToyCar%20076.jpg

Very cool pic!

Tan

Back