Do you think Honda is aware.....

..... of all the advances in design that others have come up with while we wait for the new NSX? I'd be pleased with either one of these i2b designs.

http://www.i2bconcept.com/

Attachments

• I2B-Concept-Wildcat.jpg
    I2B-Concept-Wildcat.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 288
  • IB2_Concept_Raven_orange.jpg
    IB2_Concept_Raven_orange.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 324
..... of all the advances in design that others have come up with while we wait for the new NSX? I'd be pleased with either one of these i2b designs.

http://www.i2bconcept.com/

If and when Honda decides to grace us with the NSX sucessor I'm sure they will employ the best designers utilizing the most current trends just as they did in 1989.

The second design (orange) looks interesting but the first one is a bit extreme.

I was thinking about this last nite, in regards to newer cars like the F430, Gallardo and even the R8...

Q: What would it take to make another NSX today?
A: Alot more engineering/design than all of the above.

And the reason is because the nature of a supercar includes high maintainence costs and reliability is sacrificed in many of them. For a car to be the next NSX, Honda has to solve these problems while still meeting all the standard design problems of everyone else... Ferrari doesn't have to worry about that.

The only problem with doing something so well the first time is when you have to do it a second time. It's difficult.

I think some people forget how groundbreaking the first NSX was, and for a second car to live up to that heritage of a truely usable everyday exotic will take a tad longer than slapping in a toned down racing engine into a bucket of bolts.

If and when Honda decides to grace us with the NSX sucessor I'm sure they will employ the best designers utilizing the most current trends just as they did in 1989.

The second design (orange) looks interesting but the first one is a bit extreme.

Interesting...I would say the rear is down right ugly on the first, horrible lines. The second one is not bad reminds me of the Koenigsegg CCX, although I always thought it would have a huge blind spot on that B-pillar...I guess the designers thought that if you were using their cars to its full ablities you shouldn't be looking back:biggrin:

The first is a Zonda/HSC lovechild.
The second is a CCX.

The only problem with doing something so well the first time is when you have to do it a second time. It's difficult.

Correction: It's impossible. No wonder Honda is procrastinating on the NSX2. But i'm quoting rick because you've highlighted a real truth here.

Man, were you wrong. :)

The fact that Honda is touting the ASCC as the NSX successor is a farce. It's the new flagship sports car--NOT the rightful successor to the NSX.

What a slap in the face to the NSX to call that the successor. Honda proves it can still fail a car even after it's dead. :frown:

Not even enough dignity to give it it's own identity--they have to steal the NSXs legacy to introduce it. A great car it may be but an NSX successor it is NOT.

Is anyone excited about this thing? Looks like Honda's just out to sell cars in the end. Too scared of the F430 to bring out the HSC and too scared of Toyota and the LF-A/next-gen Supra to do their own thing.

Looks like the NSX is indeed something that only comes around once in a lifetime.

Looks like the NSX is indeed something that only comes around once in a lifetime.

I'm already with that. :cool:

This touted successor is a nightmare on wheels -- IMHO. Of all the concept cars that I've see over the years, to me it's the ugliest.

Back