Do you prefer the old or new post layout

Which post format do you prefer?

• Old style - User info on left, posts on right

Votes: 74 89.2%
  • New style - User info on top, post below (currently in use)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • No preference

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
great new...now how bout getting rid of all the steering wheels on each column.

LOL. What do you want there instead? I put them in because people were complaining about the default icons. If someone wants to whip up some nifty icons I'll be happy to use them.

If someone wants to whip up some nifty icons I'll be happy to use them.

i-nHgKQjv-X2.gif

Last edited:
ok without stretching my luck too thin how bout something a bit less "dark" as the steering colum
how bout the acura logo (not the word but just the logo)

zaid

acura-logo-AT-3.jpg

LOL. What do you want there instead? I put them in because people were complaining about the default icons. If someone wants to whip up some nifty icons I'll be happy to use them.

I liked the new layout. With the old layout back, large pictures are warped and if you post a string of pictures there is a whole lot of wasted screen real estate on the left half of the screen. People will always scream about change bc we are creatures of habit, but that stands in the way of progress.

I liked the new layout. With the old layout back, large pictures are warped and if you post a string of pictures there is a whole lot of wasted screen real estate on the left half of the screen. People will always scream about change bc we are creatures of habit, but that stands in the way of progress.

CHANGE
We can believe in
:biggrin:

Hi,
ok without stretching my luck too thin how bout something a bit less "dark" as the steering colum
how bout the acura logo (not the word but just the logo)
I don't mind the NSX Steering wheel... but beeing a Logo...it had to be H, since the NSX it's a Honda rebadge to Acura :wink:

Thanks,
Nuno

I'd just like to reiterate how annoying reverting back to having the user avatar back on the left again is- it forces 16x9 photos to become distorted and uses up a ton of screen real estate in landscape format. Essentially it limits your photo size to 800 pixels wide. I think we could have given users some more time to get used to having it as a header for each post, even if that means "more scrolling" it divides each user's post better graphically too. Also, it actually means more scrolling for long posts and/or posts with a lot of photos.

I'd just like to reiterate how annoying reverting back to having the user avatar back on the left again is- it forces 16x9 photos to become distorted and uses up a ton of screen real estate in landscape format. Essentially it limits your photo size to 800 pixels wide. I think we could have given users some more time to get used to having it as a header for each post, even if that means "more scrolling" it divides each user's post better graphically too. Also, it actually means more scrolling for long posts and/or posts with a lot of photos.

We agree on so much my friend but I'm very glad we're back to this setup! It is so much more user friendly. After the change, prime useage seemed to be down. Maybe it's just me, but I was an avid user of another forum for many years and actually saw it slow to a halt/now more than likely will be shut down after a virus issue causing a new layout.

Back