Do you have a Kart? Join your NSXPrime friends at Calspeed Kart Track on July 11th

Do you have a Kart? Join your NSXPrime friends at Calspeed Kart Track on August 21st

Do you own a shifter or a TAG kart???

Come out and join ss_md (Scott), Si (Si), coolNSX (Gil), Ryneen (Ryan), Ilya (Ilya), Myself and possibly John Martin, Doug and Wayne (the cheating bastards), Mark Stepp, etc......

Location: CalSpeed Kart Track - California Speedway, Fontana California (West end of facility)

Date: Saturday - August 21st 2010

Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (NO overnight camping and gates closes at 6:00 PM

Fees: $45.00 per driver / $12.00 all non-drivers

For sale at cost will be (cash only):
Fuel in limited quantities - MS98 in 5 gallon containers (no dividing)
Motul pre-mix for Rotax, and Shifters
Burris Castor for 100cc engines
MG FZ Tires (front and rears) in limited quantities

Please be sure to bring plenty of water and sun screen.

I believe there are a couple of fast food places (Jack ITB, Carls Jr and BK) down the street off the 10 Fwy on Cherry. As long as you have a wrist band you can go in and out of the karting complex.

Last edited:
Argh, I'll be out of the country from July 1st - 13th. Have a great time everyone!

Argh, I'll be out of the country from July 1st - 13th. Have a great time everyone!

Bummer!!!
1 day a month will be chosen in an attempt to get some momentum going when it comes to getting us karters out on the tracks, so maybe in the next coming months you could join us. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Sorry, won't work for me. Hopefully next month. Have Fun :biggrin:

Sorry, won't work for me. Hopefully next month. Have Fun :biggrin:

Thought you were open that weekend?? :frown:

FYI - There is no BK off of Cherry and the 10. There is Jack ItB, Carl's Jr., Del Taco and Subway.

Last edited:
I'll be there assuming that I get at least one of my karts put back together and running.

I'll be there as long my kart is up and running as well (it should be). It's so close to my house I can't miss out on the opportunity. Probably going to BBQ at my place afterward and anyone on here is welcome.

Looking forward to my first trip out in the Rotax.

I'll be there as long my kart is up and running as well (it should be). It's so close to my house I can't miss out on the opportunity. Probably going to BBQ at my place afterward and anyone on here is welcome.

Looking forward to my first trip out in the Rotax.

Your kart will be done. Testing it this coming weekend.

I might be able to make it if I can get my kart to start up the day before. I haven't start it up for at least 5+ years already.

PMd you.

aww no love for 100cc karts :(

aww no love for 100cc karts :(

Much love for any kart - 50cc, 80cc, 100cc, 125cc!!! Bring it out. Should be a good day for open practice.

Last edited:
If you are attending this event

Remember to bring to the track:
Track Fee $45.00 per driver/$12.00 per non-driver (Each driver must pay even if you are sharing a kart)
Helmet (Snell 2000 or newer)
Karting gloves or other heavy leather gloves
Kart driving suit or long heavy pants + long sleeve heavy jacket
Rib Vest (if you have one)
Driving shoes or closed toed shoes
Tools and spare parts
Lots and lots of drinking water (do not drink soda, coffee, tea or energy drinks in the morning or during the day )
Sun Screen
Bananas and fruit juice or vitamin water for energy
Food - unless you plan to leave the track to get food
A hat
Sunglasses
Aspirin or other pain reliever
Ear plugs (if you have them)
Toilet paper (there may be some in the port-a-potties but you never know)

See you out there on Sunday - Track opens at 9AM - Pit spaces are 1st come-first served!!

Note: If you plan on purchasing fuel, oil or tires there are two payment options - Cash or Check (checks must be made out to 2Wild Karting)

Last edited:
My little birdies just informed me that there is a race on Saturday. So the track should be rubbered in for practice on Sunday!

It was a great day out at the CalSpeed Kart Track today. Not too crowded, but enough people out there to help you go faster. John and Ilya experienced first hand how much of a blast recreational karting on a "Real" track with real go-karts can be. You don't have to be a Hamilton or a Alonso, we are out there for fun, not to break any track records.

So dust off those karts and join us next time.

If your kart has dust bunnies all over it and has not been started in a while pm me and I will get your kart running for a nominal fee + any parts necessary. Then you will have no excuses!!!

Awe Man, can't believe I missed this!!:mad:
Please do another event....soon. :smile:

Great event, had a blast. Thanks John for getting the guys together, and thanks Scott for getting my kart up and flying.

What a beautiful day! Been awhile since I have seen Stepp and Strang. Si brought out his recently reworked kart (thanks to ss_md -Scott). Ilya and myself brought out our newely acquired karts (another thanks to Scott) and Mark Stepp shared his with Greg Strang. There should be details shortly on when we are going to go out again. We will be joined by the 2Wild Karting Crew.
John :biggrin:

Stepp and Strang
IMG_5960.jpg

Scott (In candy apple RED)
IMG_5961.jpg

Ilyas MiniVan and ANYTIME'S Mobile Home
IMG_5962.jpg

IMG_5963.jpg

Open Wide.....
IMG_5964.jpg

IMG_5965.jpg

IMG_5966.jpg

Glad you all had a good time, Sorry I missed it but Steve Miller at the Greek Theater tonight was worth it; he was the bomb! That dude hasn't lost a thing, HE WAS GREAT! That said I'll try to make it next time. Everything run alright for everyone? Gil :biggrin:

Great pics John. Didn't even know you took those.

What great weather we had yesterday too. Not too hot and a nice breeze most of the time. It's only going to get hotter as we get further into summer.
A fantastic track too.

Thanks to Scott for making this possible for us.

Glad you all had a good time, Sorry I missed it but Steve Miller at the Greek Theater tonight was worth it; he was the bomb! That dude hasn't lost a thing, HE WAS GREAT! That said I'll try to make it next time. Everything run alright for everyone? Gil :biggrin:

Glad you had a good time too. Hope you, Ryan and Tillis (sp) make it out next time! We are trying to find a date for the next one, looks like around the 21st of August at CalSpeed.

Ilya, John and Si's karts ran perfect. Stepp had an old fuel issue, a quick filter and fresh fuel fixed it up. Then he had a brake piston failure. My fuel tank sprung a leak before I even got on the track. So it took me an hour to fix it.

Si and I got down to 55 second lap times, not too bad considering we haven't had our karts out in a year and a half. Si is 9 seconds from the fast Spec Honda lap times. My times are 7 seconds off the fast Rotax times I would need to add 0.5-1.0 more seconds to compensate for the 45 lbs. ofweight. So I was actually behind 11.5 seconds. Without the 45 lbs ballast required to be at class weight I would need to run in the low 47 second range. I know where I am losing 6 of those seconds, but the other 2 not sure how to pick those up.

Track configuration = Nuovo Length = .75 mile

Last edited:
John - when are we going out again????

Back