Do you buy the new one?

would you

• be the first in the line to buy one - keeping you current NSX?

Votes: 18 17.3%
  • be the first in the line to buy one - selling you current NSX?

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • wait a few years until you buy a used (new) one - keeping you current NSX?

Votes: 39 37.5%
  • wait a few years until you buy a used (new) one - selling you current NSX?

Votes: 15 14.4%
  • don't buy - keeping your current one

Votes: 24 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now that it's seems pretty concrete that we'll see an successor in 2015, would you...

yes

I'm at the top of the list at my local dealership and am planning on keeping my existing car. A lot will happen between now and 2015 though, including a complete redesign of the R8. My plan is to go with whatever gives me the most pleasure and value -- brand loyalty doesn't factor in for me.

I will be keeping my NSX until I can get a decent price on an R8. Nothing about the NEW NSX appeals to me.

Dave the new car would remain stock and be a street only maybe nsxpo toy.The bee has gone as far as a T can that is still street driven, So more than likely if I can get out to the track I would need to finaly step up to a track only car.

Dave the new car would remain stock and be a street only maybe nsxpo toy.The bee has gone as far as a T can that is still street driven, So more than likely if I can get out to the track I would need to finaly step up to a track only car.

I'll drop it off at your front door John, I know you will treat her right:biggrin:

Plus it does have a bunch of yellow!!!

I'll drop it off at your front door John, I know you will treat her right:biggrin:

Plus it does have a bunch of yellow!!!

Lol Gary......:biggrin:

first in line doesnt mean anything

even a huge deposit doesnt mean anything

if you put 10K deposit down ur the first on the list if the next guy put 20K down he is now the first in line.

but a deposit is the first step in owning the new one.

I am going to start a deposit thread. post your deposit slip pics LOL

I am going to wait til i see the final product then make my decision. BUT I could easily say YES definitively that I am interested

Nope, nothing about the new NSX appeals to me. It's strayed too far from the original formula of a simple, focused, driver's car, and it's ugly to boot.

Give me the 2013 Lotus Esprit, it looks better in pretty much every possible way.

Until now we have 13 buyers in 2015, 11 of who keep their old car. 30 are looking for a used one a few years later and 12 not buying and keeping their old one.

I think I would actually have to at least see one in person and go for a test drive. I mean, isn't buying a car sight unseen like rating a restaurant based on their street sign?

If I can, I will...

My current/present NSX is a keeper for life. Never wanted no other car ever as much, nor will I ever want another car as much again.

This NSX-Concept is appealing, obviously the details to follow in due time will make things clearer.

If it's all that I want & then some, then but of'course it'll find it's way into my heart... and garage! :D

| ~$125k+ | aluminum-composite monocoque | NA 3.7L V6 | 8,750rpm | 425hp | 315 ft-lbs. | 7spd. CVT | SH-AWD | ~3,200lbs. | KERS/hybrid-assist | dual-AC electric-assist 25hp+25hp | WiFi | in-car diagnostics-telemetry | heads-up-display | panoramic electrochromatic-glass roof-canopy | Formula-One marketing w/ Honda's return as engine-supplier |

If it's non-comparable to the ~$200+ competition [MP4-12C, 458 Italia, Gallardo, R8 GT V10], and more on par w/ the ~$75k+ competition [C6 Z06, Boxster-S/Cayman-R, Evora, 911 Carrera] then I'll pass (and be gutted... :(). By comparable I mean general ballpark over a myriad of parameters, not trumping or out-duelling in any particular metric.

Only two other rides on my radar are the titanium-silver/dark-blue MP4-12C (not happening anytime soon, suffice it to say) or a grigio-silver/nero-black 360 Spider 6spd. (still catches my eye big-time!). . .

FWIW, in 2-3 years the "baby" McLaren (P13) will be out. It's slated to be a 911-fighter, in typical Macca-style (likely rear mid-engine, composite/aluminum monocoque, 450hp/325ft-lbs, 3,200lbs., ~$125k+).

Anywayz...

Here's neat MSN front-page article, for posterity's sake...

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/listarticle.aspx?cp-documentid=1237014&icid=autos_2287

Last edited:
I hope to, I really do. I actually like most of this concept better than the original, although I doubt the actual production version will look this good.

Here is an idea! I will develop aftermarket headlights that will look like the ones on the concept, since Honda said those aren't gonna be in prod.

Sorry, I just cannot get into the styling of the new car so I will keep mine.

Maybe next lifetime.

Sorry, I just cannot get into the styling of the new car so I will keep mine.

Maybe next lifetime.

everyone is entitled to their own opinions
Just like when i first purchased my new bmw E39 540i back in 2001.
and the new models came out later on, i thought the new e60 5 series all looked like crap, and i still think they do, although the current version is getting better looking, I still think it's not as good as the E39 i owned.

I do however love the original nsx and this new concept version and can't wait till it comes out. I still like the rx-7, what a beautiful car

everyone is entitled to their own opinions
Just like when i first purchased my new bmw E39 540i back in 2001.
and the new models came out later on, i thought the new e60 5 series all looked like crap, and i still think they do, although the current version is getting better looking, I still think it's not as good as the E39 i owned.

I do however love the original nsx and this new concept version and can't wait till it comes out. I still like the rx-7, what a beautiful car

I agree with you on the E39, great car - I still remember the fun I had in a very new 6 spd 540i way back in '98 - and while the E60 sure performs, it lacks the "personality" of the E39.

And yes, the FD3s is still sexy.

Back