Do I now have anyones NSX from Arizona?

I just purchased a 1992 white/black top NSX from Universal Studios with 90k miles. They had purchased it at auction in Arizona, and according to Carfax it's been there for the entire beginning of its life.

The car has aftermarket exhaust with LARGE tips, carbono fiber intake tube with a cone filter, some sort of aftermarket tubular exhaust manifolds, and Sparco seats/harnesses. I think they added the sparco's and the bodykit for the movie (was used in filming Fast and Furious 2 :-/ ) so I'm not sure if those would have been on there already. I doubt it.

I can't seem to find anything peculiar that would personalize this car over any other one. It has cellphone, it's not a targa.

VIN is JH4NA1157NT000794.

Anyone's car? Hopefully I can find out the history on it, and figure out if theres something I need to look out for!

Thanks in advance!
SR

Originally posted by CmputerWiz:
I think they added the sparco's and the bodykit for the movie (was used in filming Fast and Furious 2 :-/ )

Any idea in what capacity? Did you get to ask the studio about the movie, specifically sequences related to NSXs?

Nobody was allowed to tell me anything! A friend of mine is in the movie for a very short while, but he had never seen it during filming of that. Hopefully it was just a background car that never was used for anything.
biggrin.gif
With my luck, they jumped a canal and flipped it 10 times.
smile.gif

SR

I remember seeing a white one with Sparco seats, no body kit though. I just saw it in a parking lot, I don't know the guy or anything....I guess this doesn't help at all.

Originally posted by CmputerWiz:
I just purchased a 1992 white/black top NSX from Universal Studios with 90k miles. They had purchased it at auction in Arizona, and according to Carfax it's been there for the entire beginning of its life.

The car has aftermarket exhaust with LARGE tips, carbono fiber intake tube with a cone filter, some sort of aftermarket tubular exhaust manifolds, and Sparco seats/harnesses. I think they added the sparco's and the bodykit for the movie (was used in filming Fast and Furious 2 :-/ ) so I'm not sure if those would have been on there already. I doubt it.

I can't seem to find anything peculiar that would personalize this car over any other one. It has cellphone, it's not a targa.

VIN is JH4NA1157NT000794.

Anyone's car? Hopefully I can find out the history on it, and figure out if theres something I need to look out for!

Thanks in advance!
SR

Congratulations and welcome to one of the most outstanding membership's in the world. While we figure out the history of your car, we hope you will indulge us with pics of it. After all, you are a "CmputerWiz."

Regards.

biggrin.gif
I will have many many pics up today! www.NSXTuner.com will be the site. I own a majority of the *tuner sites, and it all started with www.LexusTuner.com. (DucatiTuner, BentleyTuner, I've got a LOT of them) Don't worry, the NSX won't be looking like my Lexus did.
wink.gif

But...lets see how long it takes the NSX to be as FAST as the Lex was. It had turbo/nitrous/high compression and at one point made over 600hp at the wheels. Then the headgasket decided to take a vacation (10:1 + 18psi turbo + 55hp nitrous = boom), and I started looking for another path to power...that didn't weigh 4000lbs.

This car already has an intake, exhaust, and appears to have some aftermarket headers. I'm going to try and get pics of them so I can figure out what brand they are.

That's all for now, I'm heading back out to take some pics, and get back to work on it.
smile.gif

Oh and as for my name, I've used CmputerWiz as my handle since back on AOL v1.3 for DOS when they only allowed 10 char screennames. It just stuck with me, and I use the name everywhere now. If it'd fit on my plate I'd put it there, but trying to choose a plate is a whole different bag of worms.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

SR

Back