Disputing a credit card charge

I ordered a engine management system from COX IMPORTS in Lexington, North Carolina back in August. I called today to cancel the order because after talking to AEM they informed me it is still in developmental stages and were not sure when it would be released. I was informed that they would not refund the money and I would have to ride it out another few months. I immediately called my credit card company to dispute the charge. Has anyone done this before? How long did it take to get a credit to the card? Thanks for any help

Rob Hunt

Rob, just call your card company, inform them that you havent recieved the product after months of waiting, they misinformed you on the product, and now you no longer want it. They will take the charge off immediately and you will be fine.

Yup.. Allan is right. Pay by plastic. It offers you buyer protection you won't have otherwise.

The policy on my mastercard is that you can dispute a charge if "you are not satisfied with the quality of service/merchandise for any reason" I believe other cards are similar.

When you dispute a charge, they immediately take the charge off your bill so that you don't have to pay for it, or the interest on it. However, that doesn't mean the charge is erased yet. You must prove to them that you have a reasonable basis for the dispute. And your complaint sounds reasonable to me. I don't think you have to worry.

Originally posted by mikec:
Yup.. Allan is right. Pay by plastic. It offers you buyer protection you won't have otherwise.

The policy on my mastercard is that you can dispute a charge if "you are not satisfied with the quality of service/merchandise for any reason" I believe other cards are similar.

When you dispute a charge, they immediately take the charge off your bill so that you don't have to pay for it, or the interest on it. However, that doesn't mean the charge is erased yet. You must prove to them that you have a reasonable basis for the dispute. And your complaint sounds reasonable to me. I don't think you have to worry.

I agree.Plastic is tougher than paper.I have a $2,600.00 transaction paid by check and now I have to go thru other avenues to seek restitution on someone who never even delivered the product.
WWW.MYNSX.COM WWW.MYNSX.COM

Back