• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Dispute with Buyer : Charlee

On Nov 24th 2010 I sold a $120 CD Changer unit to a prime member named Charlee. Shipped the unit to Washington for $20+ through USPS Priority. After a month, Dec. 24, 2010 Charlee informed me that the unit is defective and but had it installed in his car anyways.

I have been a long time member here and supporter - have sold hundreds of items here and ebay with a 100% rating. I have personally met some of you(buyer) and has become my friends. On this note, I replied to Charlee on 12/26/2010, apologizing for his troubles and he can ship back the unit for a refund while I contact Jeff Chai who I bought the unit from.

Charlee replied the same day that he wanted to keep the brackets and he will do me a favor by getting rid of the defective CD CHANGER himself and If I would pay him $60 back.

On a PM dated 12/29/10, I did confirmed with Jeff Chai that he was listening to CD Changer before he placed it in the box to ship to me. I have bought numerous items from Jeff Chai in the past and he is known to be one of the most reputable seller here in Prime. Having confirmed that the unit is not defective - On 1/5/11, I informed Charlee that he will need to ship the unit back the same condition it was sent and that I will not accept a return for a refund if the CD Changer was opened or disassembled (specially by a third party).

Charlee decided that he will not be accountable for having a Tech disassemble (or from charlee's word "Open it up") the CD Changer Unit to dislodge a 'Motly Crew' CD that he claimed was jammed inside - and could have actually caused permanent damage to the gears and internals of the unit.

I have never heard of "Motley Crew" and so does the previous owner Jeff Chai (based on his PM dated 12/29/10) - which remains a mystery to me.

I never implied in my listing any warranty and or returns but as" In good faith", as in any other normal person - I am only asking that the unit be returned to the condition it was ship and that the unit was not opened or tampered with so I can issue a refund. For the obvious reason that I may have to return it to the seller where I bought it from.

This buyer claimed after a month that the unit was defective, installed it anyways and later on authorized a third party Tech to open/disassamble the CD Changer before contacting me.

This buyer needs to be accountable for his decission to tamper with the unit before returning and ask for a refund.

Back