• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dispute over oil cooler with racer98

Ever get the HKS oil cooler install guide you promised FIVE months ago?

Re: Some NSX parts for sale

Ever get the HKS oil cooler install guide you promised FIVE months ago?

You need a coopler that scews to the motor oil filter and you need the additioonal lines that relocates the oil filter to that other peice that is attached to the lines and the kit.

Yes, you mentioned that several weeks ago. That does not tell me where the oil cooler and ducting fits (stated as "drop-in") or what specific parts (#s) are needed for successful installation. That is why I asked for the install guide - promised months ago, and never received.

I think either delivering the install guide or providing a refund is entirely reasonable.

HKS japan has it and I have sent you the link, to it you have repetedly contacted HKS USA and this is not the place that has it. YOU NEED TO CONTACT HKS JAPAN !

No, they don't. I've contacted them since you very likely never did and they've told me the same thing as HKS USA. And the link you gave me was bogus and just included a small pic of an oil cooler that was not applicable. At every turn outside of you taking my money and sending me the oil cooler quickly (which I was thankful for), you've been full of shady and unethical practices.

The only other avenue I have is to take this to court and have the matter investigated by the Internet Crime Compliant Center. The oil cooler is not of HKS origin, not for the NSX, and certainly not a "drop in" installation. I've given you every opportunity to right this situation.

Harness bar sold.
NSX-R wheels sold.
advanced muffler sold..
Plastic deffuser sold.

as for the matter of the oil cooler, you had time to send it back to me once you got it. and Im sorry that is a used item and I do not know what you have done with it with in that time frame.

very sorry, it is not my business to screw people or mess people over. this is a very simple matter to fix with a couple of parts. Im sorry had this been one week into you reciving it and I got a call about this not working for you I would have told you to send it and this has been way past the point of the 45 days from paypal, it was only the specified parts at the time and I have told you so many times that you need.

1) the item that conects to the oil filter
2) Feeder line and the return line to the rest of the kit.

3 parts to finish this up or just go to summit racing.,
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e359/racer98/NSXOILCOOLER.jpg
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/cooling/oilcooler/oilcooler.html

Last edited:

as for the matter of the oil cooler, you had time to send it back to me once you got it. and Im sorry that is a used item and I do not know what you have done with it with in that time frame.

I would have if you had stated that the oil cooler kit wasn't there in entirety and then refused to reply to my inquires. In fact, you had promised to locate the installation guide and I merely waited for you to do so.

The oil cooler is, now, exactly as it was sent.

very sorry, it is not my business to screw people or mess people over. this is a very simple matter to fix with a couple of parts.

I'm really hoping that is true. Still, considering that the item description states verbatim:

"You are bidding on an HKS oil cooler kit for an Acura/HONDA NSX. This is a complete kit with all parts. List price on this kit is about $800+. it is used and in excellent condtion."

...and that you admittedly knew that the kit was not complete and that HKS USA and Japan indicate that they know of no NSX specific kit tends to say otherwise.

Im sorry had this been one week into you reciving it and I got a call about this not working for you I would have told you to send it and this has been way past the point of the 45 days from paypal,

No worries. There are other methods for recompensation. And if I need to do that, that's exactly what I'll do. I'm saddened to read that the "45 days from PayPal" is the only reason you would want to do the fair and right thing.

it was only the specified parts at the time and I have told you so many times that you need.

...Not according to the eBay listing you wrote. What I thought I was buying as a complete NSX oil cooler kit (as stated in the eBay listing). What I received was an incomplete kit from who knows where and empty promises from a seller whom I bought from in good faith.

If you can't provide a full refund then send me the parts that will complete the kit including the HKS (or whoever) install guide.

Potential buyers...beware...be advised that this member's product description was not accurate with my purchase. He shipped out quickly but I did not receive everything in the description and received little customer service (even after promises) to resolve the matter reasonably.

Litigation is pending.

Sorry to hear that you had problems with racer98. I order a NSX JDM front plastic defuser from him and I got it within a few days. The part was new with all OEM bolts. I hope this get resolved, because has a good selection of JDM parts for sale.

I always ask to see pictures of everything I buy, when it is an unknown vendor or a person I never bought from before.

I wish it would get resolved as well. I've been more than patient with him but being rebuffed and being lied to is more than I care to take. I've been entirely reasonable with what I'm asking for but am now being ignored.

So I can only do what I can do...which is to take it to the next level.

Sorry to hear that you had problems with racer98. I order a NSX JDM front plastic defuser from him and I got it within a few days. The part was new with all OEM bolts. I hope this get resolved, because has a good selection of JDM parts for sale.

I always ask to see pictures of everything I buy, when it is an unknown vendor or a person I never bought from before.

you got such a good deal on it, just got sticker shock on buying other ones and the defuser kit from honda japan. once these parts are gone thats it :(.

Techno;s and buddy club coilovers sold.

Potential buyers...beware...be advised that this member's product description was not accurate with my purchase. He shipped out quickly but I did not receive everything in the description and received little customer service (even after promises) to resolve the matter reasonably.

Litigation is pending.

Its sad that I have told you so many times there are only 3 items you need to buy to get this on your car.

if you want me tobuy it back 30% restocking fee + you pay for the shipping for both ways.

$450 shipped - 30% - $40 - $275 refund.

I wish it would get resolved as well. I've been more than patient with him but being rebuffed and being lied to is more than I care to take. I've been entirely reasonable with what I'm asking for but am now being ignored.

So I can only do what I can do...which is to take it to the next level.

Sadd, next time Im going to test people to understand they know what they are buying so I dont get into this again.

Its sad that I have told you so many times there are only 3 items you need to buy to get this on your car.

It's even more sad that the listing said the kit was complete. I understand that English may not be your first language and the written and spoken word may be difficult to communicate. Still, "complete" does not mean "needs 3 items."

if you want me tobuy it back 30% restocking fee + you pay for the shipping for both ways.

You want me to pay you to buy it back b/c you were dishonest? And even if I did go along with that ridiculous offer, what makes me think you'd be honest this time. Right.

This will work 1 of 3 ways:

1. You refund the total for the non-HKS oil cooler.
2. You pay for the parts to make the oil cooler complete and ship them to me.
3. You pay for a plane ticket to Oklahoma, hotel, car, and then represent yourself in small claims court. The court will order you to refund my money. Should you decide not to w/i the given time, they'll put a lien on your property/posessions/inventory/bank account, which would give me title to them.

Your decision.

It's even more sad that the listing said the kit was complete. I understand that English may not be your first language and the written and spoken word may be difficult to communicate. Still, "complete" does not mean "needs 3 items."

You want me to pay you to buy it back b/c you were dishonest? And even if I did go along with that ridiculous offer, what makes me think you'd be honest this time. Right.

This will work 1 of 3 ways:

1. You refund the total for the non-HKS oil cooler.
2. You pay for the parts to make the oil cooler complete and ship them to me.
3. You pay for a plane ticket to Oklahoma, hotel, car, and then represent yourself in small claims court. The court will order you to refund my money. Should you decide not to w/i the given time, they'll put a lien on your property/posessions/inventory/bank account, which would give me title to them.

Your decision.
now with this oil cooler issue, its a matter of th item that conects to the oil filter and 3 lines so mabey about $100 total.

the oil cooler that is sold to him is a SETRAB with an HKS remote fillter conector, lines+ duct and earls lines and conectors.

I have said it many time where and what needs to happen to make this fit, however I have only the best intentions when I sell an item and not be a rip off artisit,. What has happend lately is when person A ask vendor B , 1st responce is ok that is the wrong item and no you need to return that and buy one from us, so this is what has been going on hear.

Furthermore, my refund stand where its at - now say if you got it with that weeek you recived it and said I dont think this will work ok send it back but the only way for the refund to happen is what I have stated before , I did not missrepresent and I did deliver the item, I just thought you were as auto parts savy as the rest of the NSX community is when it comes to parts, fitment and specs.

if you want me to buy it back 30% restocking fee + you pay for the shipping for both ways.

Last edited:

You've got a really great attitude :rolleyes:

And you want to be a vendor in this community??? I put you right up there with Dali

Not really good either way to slander some ones business and does not show or prove any results or make any business sence.

Sorry, I have gotten a lot of special order requests for NSX parts and I really do appreciate your intrests, Im sorry i will no longer take those requests as due in part to this whole oil cooler issue.

Last edited:

You complete and utter liar. This is day #1, when I bought it from you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220006345668

Just a tad dishonest to say, "This is a complete kit with all parts," and then say it needs a parts after it's bought.

Say hi to the process server for me.

No I told you from day one what you needed and your making me into the bad person hear you had loads of time to send this back and I did not promise you any other things. Oh I forgot to mention since the sale took place in Cali you need to come to small claims hear.

my offer stands as the 30% restocking fee and + paying shipping both ways

Last edited:

No I told you from day one what you needed

You're a liar. What don't you understand about what you wrote in your the eBay listing?

...and your making me into the bad person

Stupid is and stupid does. And you make it very easy as well.

...hear you had loads of time to send this back and I did not promise you any other things.

No, I was being patient for you to provide what you promised. I'm done with this, I'll see you in court.

...Oh I forgot to mention since the sale took place in Cali you need to come to small claims hear.

Not even close. See you in Oklahoma - the transaction was completed over the internet and via mail. Should I notify the authorities and make it a criminal case, local Cali police will investigate and may charge you accordingly: internet fraud, mail fraud.

Seriously, say hi to the process server.

You're a liar. What don't you understand about what you wrote in your the eBay listing?

Stupid is and stupid does. And you make it very easy as well.

No, I was being patient for you to provide what you promised. I'm done with this, I'll see you in court.

Not even close. See you in Oklahoma - the transaction was completed over the internet and via mail. Should I notify the authorities and make it a criminal case, local Cali police will investigate and may charge you accordingly: internet fraud, mail fraud.

Seriously, say hi to the process server.

my offer stands as the 30% restocking fee and + paying shipping both ways

This is silly, Karim's motivation is easy, he has limited understanding of nsx parts, but is able to acquire interesting items and sells them for great prices. Likely this oil cooler was installed on a nsx in Japan, and sold to Karim - he then sells it as an nsx oil cooler, you get it, see it doesn't bolt straight on, and expect him to do backflips to get it to bolt on. He tells you to shove it, and now you're making rediculous threats against his property, bank accounts, etc. - if California police won't even take the time to properly investigate a $x,xxx.xx robbery in Orange County do you really feel they are going to waste their time over a lousy $135 disagreement? Nobody is flying anywhere, nobody is suing anyone, nobody is having criminal charges filed against them, nobody is even going to bother with trivial civil court claims.

Your only recourse in this situation, ponyboy, is to threaten racer98's ability to do business here on nsxprime, and hope that he decides your actions against him are more costly than the $135 disagreement you both have (or if its a recent transaction you could file a paypal dispute). Given there is 'the other vendor' who has done things far worse than quickly deliver a product they didn't have a full understanding of, and nsxprime members still buy from that 'other vendor', I doubt Karim will have difficulty offloading any future rare nsx parts he comes across, even if he told you tonight to 'shove it' - still, that one transaction you might influence, perhaps by someone coming across this thread, could easily make up the $135 differential you both now have, meaning it might be in Karim's best (financial) interest to help bridge the gap.

The third party observation I am going to make is as follows... What you're both doing now isn't getting anywhere - idle internet threats are rather easy to spot, and, at the same time, the nsx community online is perhaps 80% this forum, and this forum alone. If you're interested in selling nsx parts, and you have this forum turn against you, you are going to lose a great deal of money on those parts, and you're going to spend a great deal of time trying to find people to buy them. It seems nobody, neither the buyer nor the seller, researched this part before it got into ponyboy's hands, so some degree of blame rests on each of you. As far as restocking fees... there is no reason to charge them, you're selling used parts, which aren't in any kind of packaging, out of your garage - you don't have to repackage an item to get it on a store shelf, you just need it back in your hands so you can sell it to someone else. You will have difficulty reselling it as an nsx part, as it apparently is a universal device, but this is the risk you take in buying used parts from your supplier.

The transaction total is apparently $450 - Karim spent $40 to get it to you, so you're talking $410 received in paypal, minus transaction fee's. If the transaction has been in the last 60 days there is the option of refunding the payment, via paypal, which would credit any transaction fees to the payment (neither you, nor Karim, would have to pay them), so, if Karim is offering $275, and the transaction total after shipping is $410, you now have a $135 difference - could you both perhaps agree to split this difference, resulting in a $350 refund? You would get most of your money back, Karim would be compensated for his time, and you can both go your seperate ways.

Alternatively, if you're still after an oil cooler, as Karim has said several times, this kind of device is not rocket science - if you have most of the device you can source the few remaining parts, at summit, jegs, etc., and complete its installation into your nsx. It isn't an nsx-specific part, so there is no manual, but it's a straight-forward installation onto any car - is there a dollar amount you would be interested in receiving, in order to complete the installation of this oil cooler onto your car? eg perhaps a $75 partial refund, in order to source the remaining parts yourself?

It can't be too hard to come to an agreement here...

Harness bar sold.
NSX-R wheels sold.
advanced muffler sold..
Plastic deffuser sold.

very sorry, it is not my business to screw people or mess people over. this is a very simple matter to fix with a couple of parts. Im sorry had this been one week into you reciving it and I got a call about this not working for you I would have told you to send it and this has been way past the point of the 45 days from paypal, it was only the specified parts at the time and I have told you so many times that you need.

1) the item that conects to the oil filter
2) Feeder line and the return line to the rest of the kit.

3 parts to finish this up or just go to summit racing.,
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e359/racer98/NSXOILCOOLER.jpg
http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/cooling/oilcooler/oilcooler.html

I have to agree with Ponyboy... your Ebay listing said "Complete Kit with all parts" and it DID NOT have all the parts - you just admitted that above. Therefore, to try and charge a restocking fee (of which 30% is outrageous especially for an item that is already used to begin with!) is absurd. After all, Pony didn't decided that he didn't want it - it was not as advertised and he was waiting for you to make good. This is your bad, not Ponyboy's. Had it been a complete kit with all parts, then he wouldn't have to return it.

I think you have two choices here...

1. You purchase the parts from Sumit Racing to make it work and send them to Ponyboy.
2. Full refund to Ponyboy

You should have advertised it as an "almost complete" kit and listed the needed items to make it work and then you wouldn't have this problem. That was your mistake, not Ponyboy's.

BTW: I have never met either you or Ponyboy. This is an objective view of what you advertised, what he got, and how you are handling the post sale support. Shame on you! Karma is a Bitch!

Back