Dinan ECU and New Comptech Supercharger

Hi Guys,

I am in need of some suggestions. While I was doing the prep work in anticipation of my Comptech supercharger arrival, I have discovered today that I have a Dinan ECU in my car. This came with a big surprise because the previous owner never said anything about the ECU.

I spent 3+ months researching the information on the Comptech supercharger, but it was all based on the assumption that I had a stock ECU.

Questions:

1. I don’t want to go deep into tuning ( can’t afford and don’t have the technical background). I just want to hook up the supercharger and be done with it. Should I install the CTSC with the Dinan ECU or should I get an OEM stock ECU?

2. I am pretty sure that it’s a Dinan ECU because it’s got big Dinan written all over it and with Dinan seal tapes. If I need the OEM ECU, can I just replace the chip in the Dinan ECU with the OEM chip?

3. My buddy of mine who has a 93 said he'll trade his stock ECU with my Dinan, but will a 93 OEM ECU work in my 92 NSX (I have a 6-speed tranny, K&N airfilter, HKS exhaust)?

4. In the event I have to buy a new ECU, what is the part #? I am finding many diff part numbers for ECU for 92.

Please kindly post all your feedbacks on this. Thanks

The 92 and 93 ECU should interchange without any problems, I would make the change. Most of the reprogrammed ECU's made the cars run leaner to increase power, not what you need after going FI, but you can give it a try you will have some adjustability in the FPR to bring fuel levels up to a safe level. You really will not know without a little dyno time.

you cant run the DINAN chip with the CTSC. It is made to run with NA cars. Do not install the CTSC with the Dinan chip.:wink:

Put the stock ecu in, without fail. The Dinan chip has altered timing as well as fuel, both of which will be quite dangerous with your new setup.

I know several people who have gone aem with stock ecus for sale- pm me if you'd like some names.

Cheers,
Mark

I had the Dinan ECU in my car and all I noticed was a 200 rpm increase at the rev limiter and vtec came on 200 rpm sooner. I went back to a new stock ecu and don't notice any difference in power and my fuel mileage went up. But if someone wants to buy it I'll sell it.

In our testing, we show the Dinan (ex. RM) chip to lose power, especially mid-range, compared to factory. If your car has this chip it must be removed as it's fuel/ignition program is not compatible with the supercharger and may cause detonation (engine damage).

We have the factory ECU chips that you can directly replace the Dinan chip with if you need one. No need to buy a complete new ECU.

Have fun!

-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
In our testing, we show the Dinan (ex. RM) chip to lose power, especially mid-range, compared to factory. If your car has this chip it must be removed as it's fuel/ignition program is not compatible with the supercharger and may cause detonation (engine damage).

We have the factory ECU chips that you can directly replace the Dinan chip with if you need one. No need to buy a complete new ECU.

Have fun!

-- Chris
Everyone has the correct advise on this matter, have cris get you a stock ecu chip,if its in a zif it is a cake walk to change out.if not send your ecu to cris and he can convert the socket to a zif for you and if you ever decide to lose the S/C inthe future you can swap the dinan back and forth with the stock ecu chip at will. you really need to get your A/F set up right for the S/C

Back