• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Digital Torque Wrench - Member Special

wrench.jpg

As a new vendor on this forum, we are offering an introductory special: our Digital Torque Wrench w/ Blow Molded Case for $99 - including shipping. Just go to our website: Brown Line Metalworks, LLC | Professional Grade Digital Torque Wrench and click on the "Buy Now" button. At checkout, enter the coupon code: NSX

You can see the torque wrench in action in the following video:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cEJsE2vlxxE?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="390" width="640"></object>

Product Specifications

Patented Double Gear Sensing System
Designed, engineered, and tested by Brown Line Metal Works, the patented* D.G.S.S. technology ensures repeatable accuracy of +/- 3.5% both clockwise & counter-clockwise
Accurate from 20 – 100% of full scale (7% accuracy from 10 – 20% of full scale)

Microprocessor Controlled
8-bit electronics ensures accurate readings and simplicity of use
Allows for both Peak and Track mode
Individually calibrates each wrench
Supplies unique serial number for each wrench

Ratchet Head
1/2" drive reversible ratchet
32-tooth gear provides an 11.25º arc while handling high torque loads
Forged from Chromium Vanadium alloy to ensure strength
Conforms to ASME B107.10 2005 standards

Range
15 – 150 ft/lbs
180 – 1,800 in/lbs
20.3 – 203 Nm

Digital Control
Large backlit digital display shows both target torque and current read-out
Intuitive button design makes operating torque wrench simple
LEDs and digital display provide visual feedback when operating wrench
Buzzer creates audible feedback when target torque is reached
Easily switch between ft/lbs, in/lbs, and Nm
Automatically powers off when not in use for 2 minutes
Low battery indicator

Handle
Soft-touch overmold provides comfortable non-slip grip
Engineered plastics ensure an impact resistant housing

The offer is valid till August 15th, and is only for the lower 48 states.

See my NSX Vendor Page: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Brownline

This is a really good deal, but I've never heard of Brownline?

Edit, here's a good review from the BMW forums:
http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=799451

We are a relatively new company - we have been selling our wrench for about one year. We engineered and patented a new method for measuring torque, which is inherently much less expensive to manufacture than our competitors.

The review above is good, and we also have a bunch on Amazon if you want to read them.

BLMW

Looking for a 3/8" drive shorter version? Did I miss it somewhere?

No. Unfortunately, we only have the one version right now. We are currently working on different sizes, but realistically it will be awhile before they are ready to ship.

BLMW

+1
Please let us know when the 3/8" is available.

Looking for a 3/8" drive shorter version? Did I miss it somewhere?

I would assume once the 3/8" becomes available, there will also be a package deal option for those wanting both the 3/8" and 1/2".

What I would like, is for you to offer those who already own/purchased the 1/2" a very reasonable discount on the 3/8" so that the price atleast comes out to the same or even less than the package deal. What I ultimately want to avoid is having bought the 1/2" now and buying the 3/8" later, where the combined price comes out higher than if I would've just waited and bought a package set. Does that make sense?

On that note - I purchased the 1/2" last night. I was very pleased with the reviews and I was in need of a quality torque wrench.

That would be nice.
I will probably buy the 1/2" myself, but the need for a 3/8" is just as great if not greater.

There are many, many bolts throughout the NSX that require a torq value of less than 20 ft lb, so the 1/2" with a minimum torq value of 20 ft lb isn't going to work as on much of the NSX. Remember, the NSX is mainly aluminum which requires less torq in ft lbs in many area's.

I would assume once the 3/8" becomes available, there will also be a package deal option for those wanting both the 3/8" and 1/2".

What I would like, is for you to offer those who already own/purchased the 1/2" a very reasonable discount on the 3/8" so that the price at least comes out to the same or even less than the package deal. What I ultimately want to avoid is having bought the 1/2" now and buying the 3/8" later, where the combined price comes out higher than if I would've just waited and bought a package set. Does that make sense?

On that note - I purchased the 1/2" last night. I was very pleased with the reviews and I was in need of a quality torque wrench.

Last edited:
Has anyone received theirs yet and actually tested it ?

I decided to hold off buying one until I hear from NSXer's on their takes of them after using one.

I don't need one if all it is a glorified lug nut tightener.

3/8" drive would have to be more precise as well.

What I would like, is for you to offer those who already own/purchased the 1/2" a very reasonable discount on the 3/8" so that the price atleast comes out to the same or even less than the package deal. What I ultimately want to avoid is having bought the 1/2" now and buying the 3/8" later, where the combined price comes out higher than if I would've just waited and bought a package set. Does that make sense?

To be honest - I have not thought that far ahead in terms of package deals - but if we did offer something like that I would be happy to honor the pricing to those who just bough the single wrench. However, we are still a ways off from getting the 3/8" version.

BLMW

I'll be buying one. Need a 1/2"er now anyway.

I don't have much to compare it to besides my Craftsman 3/8", but I'll write a little about it.

Where do you put the coupon code? Went to go buy it today (8/14/11) and there is no place to put the coupon code with the shopping cart, paypal or Google checkout. :confused:

Where do you put the coupon code? Went to go buy it today (8/14/11) and there is no place to put the coupon code with the shopping cart, paypal or Google checkout. :confused:

What you need to do is first select the Digital Torque Wrench with Case option ($150 cost). Then press add to cart. You will then see a box where you enter your zip code, and a box that says discount code. Enter NSX in the discount code box and then press view cart. It will then show the $99 price and you can then pay via paypal, google checkout, or credit card (via paypal).

If you have any problems, please PM me and I will get it taken care of.

Thanks.

BLMW

I would love to buy one, but once again Hawaii gets screwed. :mad:

ChrisK:

Sorry about that. The shipping to Hawaii is much more expensive, and it is hard for us to offer the same deal. If you want to PM with your zip code, I would be happy to let you know the additional shipping charges.

BLMW

We have gotten a lot of requests from people who missed the original special, so we are going to run this again for two weeks until Sept. 5th.

Don't miss out !!

And thanks for all of the orders.

BLMW

wow this is a beautiful torque wrench! I will have to keep this in mind for my shop for sure... The price is amazing

Received and tested, works just fine and is easy to use. You will probably need an extension on it given the length and size of the handle in order to clear the fenders. I used a 6" extension on the socket.

Back