Diffuser Gate

Hey Guys:

I am really getting hooked into Formula One after spending a week in UK reading every day about that stuff in the newspaper and Wiki at night; then I went to Science Museum in London for The F1 Exhibit and took away some ideas I plan to implement in my ophthalmology practice!

This Diffuser Gate is really fascinating especially since Brawn GP went one-two with Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello in Australia. Also Sebastian Vettel aka rock star moving up during the race had a collision with Kupica and both retired. Last years' champion Lewis Hamilton (media implied a slow car all week), managed a 4th place. Someone smarter than me can explain this controversy better than me. My take is that F1 is going through some major cost cutting and has opted for more passing during the race to make the sport more exciting.

The technologies in this sport is unbelievable!

So here's the question; which diffuser should I get?

hamilton ended up third. (Trulli was penalized for passing hamilton while the safety car was on the track). Sebastian was later penalized 10 spots for the next race and fined 50K us for driving a broken car.

As far as the diffusers on F1, three teams had them, and all of these teams had not participated in the rule making.. the teams that had participated all thought the rules meant that you could not have the center section of the diffuser open. With multiple teams interpreting the rules in the same manner independently i think they have a very strong case.

with all the rule changes aimed at cost cutting and slowing the cars down it is amazing that they are already faster then last years spec.

As far as your nsx diffuser question, i don't think any have any effect on the street, it is all about what look you want. personally i'm running the nsx-r oem diffuser, but trust me it is a joke and does nothing. the best looking and likely most functional in my opinion is the downforce one.(not the downforce nsx-r copy, but there deeper and aggressive one)

take care

Last edited:
What I could get out of the comentary is that there was a gentlemans agreement between the teams who had representatives at that diffuser meeting not to open it up.That begs the question why interpret the rules negatively ie. decide to interpret a design rule in favor of the slower choice? and why were those three teams absent.

Back