Difference between Targa and Sport Coupe?

NRG

Experienced Member
Hello,

The seach came up null.

What's the difference between a NSX-T vs. Sport Coupe version? My take is that the NSX-T has Targa top that you can remove. Is that the only difference?

Any advantage/disadvantage between the two versions?

thanks,

The targa is a little bit heavier than the coupe. The targa also does not handle as well as the coupe because of the slight bit of body flex.

Engel07 said:
sport coupe came up empty :)
That's because the two models are called the NSX Coupe (not the "Sport Coupe") and the NSX-T (not the "Targa", which is a trademark of Porsche and refers only to its cars).

You could have also found out lots of information by going to the NSX FAQ (answers to Frequently Asked Questions) by clicking the word FAQ in the red bar near the top of your screen, and then clicking on General Info, and then on Model Information.

I've had both...the coupe or two coupes..and a T. Bodyflex term is over rated....I took my cars on the track and mountain runs. Feels the same....not noticeable at all. it is like comparing beef and chicken frank...which is more tasty? :redface: :biggrin: regardless to what which one you will get, you won't be disappointed with the X.

Litespeeds said:
The targa is a little bit heavier than the coupe. The targa also does not handle as well as the coupe because of the slight bit of body flex.

PoohBEAR said:
I've had both...the coupe or two coupes..and a T. Bodyflex term is over rated....I took my cars on the track and mountain runs. Feels the same....not noticeable at all. it is like comparing beef and chicken frank...which is more tasty? :redface: :biggrin: regardless to what which one you will get, you won't be disappointed with the X.

aaarggghh!!

he said X!!!!

:eek:

happy chrismukka!!

canuck said:
The NSX-T is stiff.
Yes, but the NSX Coupe is stiffer. :D

canuck said:
With the top off and the car on a hoist, you can open and close the doors no problem. That is impressive.
Actually, what is much more impressive is that, with the top off and the car lifted by the center jacking points, if you measure the distance from the top of the windshield to the top of the roof above the B pillars, it's less than an eighth of an inch more than it is with the car sitting on the ground. To people who understand the engineering of open-roof cars, that is truly impressive.

The reason why I say this is because I have a friend with the exact same setup as mine with the Bilstein shocks set on the lower spring perch setting with the stock springs, Dali street/track sway bars and similar 17/18 wheel setup and I can tell a difference right away when I started to jerk the steering wheel left to right just driving down the street. His car felt alot more softer which is definitely a plus for the streets but I can only imagine that it would translate to poorer performance on the track. But then again, it all depends upon the driver's ability and skills.
Either way, you can't go wrong with either models. Just depends upon which suits your budget or preference.

Back