Did your NSX come with original keys and manuals?

As some of you may know, I'm currently in the process of finding my NSX. Spoke with the owner on multiple occasions and have a PPI arrange for some time next week.

The topic came up and I asked if the owner has the original keys, manuals, and key fobs. He tells me that the manuals are misplaced as are the original keys. This is for a '96 with about 70k miles. Now, am I nit picking at something irrelevant or is this a premise for something else?

Of the used cars I have purchased, all came with an owner's manual and at least one set of original keys, even my used 130K+ Nissan pickup truck i had for $3,000. And this being a NSX, sorta tells me something.

Owner also disclosed the install of a VIPER alarm, after saying all items are stock to form.

A bit weary a this point :frown: Opinions please?

My 91 came with 160k miles, all original paperwork, and 10 keys and key chains! (yes and original keys)... he was a fanatic about Acura key chains and made new keys for every key chain.

I'm the third owner now.

My 2000 had all the keys and manuals, but then again it was a one owner car as well. Its not a deal-breaker, but see if he has ALL the service and maintenance records. If he's got good records, and the PPI is thorough and checks out well, you're probably in as good shape as you can be with an 11 year old used car IMO. Good luck!

If he can't properly care for his manuals and keys, do you really think he properly cared for his car? :eek:

Well said.

When I bought my 94, the previous owner and I actually sit down in his office and I went over all of the service records, manuals, and the keys. After dreaming of one for so long, the OEM silver key really put a nice finishing touch on it.

I wouldn't dream of buying an NSX that didn't include the manuals and keys, but I admit to being a stickler for details.

I am the 4th owner of the car and have the original 2 ignition keys with keyfobs, titanium key, and valet key with manuals. The only thing that was missing was the original window sticker.

Purchase from someone that can keep track of everything, especially maintenence.

I'd be more worried if the owner didn't have repair records. If it's not the original owner, then it's possible the first owner lost them. To some people, even car people, stuff happens, keys get lost, owners manuals get loaned out and not returned.

It's up to you if its a deal breaker. If you are are the kind of person that has to have these items for every car you own (personally, I am one of those kinds of people), then pass on this car and keep looking.

My 95 NSX came with the original keys, remote and manuals. Also came with a coffee table book for the NSX and an nice box that housed extra stuff (I can't reall what all is in there).

I'd hate to lose the "unobtanium" key. It's the only one I use.

One feature I do like about the NSX is the lack of any "imobilizer" key crap.

To me it's no big deal. You can order the owners manual from the dealer and get a few keys made. As others mentioned, it's more important to have most of the service records are available.

I am the 4th owner of my 97. It came with the OM, but not the leather binder etc. I had the red key and a black key. No other interesting documents. A bit of a concern for me but the car was otherwise fine including the PPI.

I keep looking on ebay for a complete 1997 OM.....

I wouldn't make a big deal about the keys. People lose keys and sometimes have to use their spare(s). Then they are too cheap or whatever to go and get an OEM one from the dealer.

Yes, I would be more concerned with records. If you think it's a good car, just get the PPI done by a local NSX tech. It's money well spent.

I'm the 2nd owner of my '91. Came with original keys, factory window sticker and even some newspaper clippings from the local Seattle Times and some other magazine articles from around '90. It's nice to know my previous owner was an enthusiast.

However I'd think of it as a "bonus"...not a deal breaker. The Titanium key is rare, but not unobtainable...and if your car was built in the later years, you can't get one anyhow. Just buy a new key blank and don't worry about it.

I'm 3rd owner and have the manual and original keys that appear to have never been in the ignition. Also have the silver key and valet key as well.:smile:

sadly mine did not come with the silver keys or manuals. So now I'm on the hunt for original 1991 manuals in good shape if anyone knows where some are plz let me know

I am the 4th owner of the car and have the original 2 ignition keys with keyfobs, titanium key, and valet key with manuals. The only thing that was missing was the original window sticker.

Purchase from someone that can keep track of everything, especially maintenence.

so the car comes with 4 keys in total and a manual.

Can some one post a picture of all 4 keys?

Thanks.

Back