DID ELVIS EVER OWN AN NSX

With some of the prices I ses peple asking for used Nsx's-and the e bay prices that end up reserve not met-I think the only explanation is that ELVIS must have owned these cars.

IMO there isn"t a 96 nsx worhth 48k nor a 97
worth 55k even if thry have 0ne thousand miles on them.

e-bay prices 2000 buy it now for $63,000 or
2001 buy it now $67,000.You must be smoking

somehow the post got messed up-a 98 at
sierra for $56,000-what a steal! with all the mods-when you go to resell it you can
claim that it has never been "tracked"etc.
Right,if you did all the mods etc -what did you do it for.

last point,what really ticks me off is when
some poster brags about taking a test drive-
go sideways at 130 mph on city streets-picture the family you couls have wiped out driving 55 in their Honda!

No place on the road for people like YOU!

Originally posted by PFORPAUL:
IMO there isn"t a 96 nsx worhth 48k nor a 97 worth 55k even if thry have 0ne thousand miles on them.

Some people are willing to pay a premium for low mileage; some aren't. If YOU aren't willing to pay such a price, then don't. As long as someone ELSE is willing to pay such a price, the car is worth it.

BTW, if you can point me to a mint '96 with 1K miles for $48K or a mint '97 with 1K miles for $55K, I would appreciate it. I would buy either car at those prices; I'm confident I could re-sell either one at a profit.

Don't you honestly feel that a 2000 Nsx at
55 to 57k with around 13,000 miles is a far better deal than a 97 with 1,000 miles.

I was being sarcastic when I intimated that you could - in fact-find these cars with
1,000 miles.

IMO the e bay sellers -AH-who cares about my
opinion.

JUST TRYING TO STIR THE POT-A BIT-

55 to 57k with around 13,000 miles is a far better deal than a 97 with 1,000 miles.

I think there are some people who would prefer the 2000 with 13K miles, and others who would prefer the '97 with 1K miles. The nice thing about the free market economy is that there are various years and mileages and prices on the market, and people can buy whatever they prefer. Get the one that is the best deal for your needs and preferences.

This will be my first and last insulting post in the 3 yrs. that I've been a member here. This guy is a moron!! Firstly, the numbers are normal and totally IN LINE. Secondly, if he doen't want to buy, then don't. Why bother even posting such trash?

FYI. A clean 96 IS worth 48k all day.
A clean 97 is worth 55k all day.
A clean 2000 is worth MORE than 63k.
and A clean 01 is worth MORE than 67k.
So what the F--- are you talking about?

Sorry for the rant, but if you don't know, then don't talk.

If he did, it was covered in bacon and peanut butter, not to mention a pot pourri of prescription pills.

A topping more suited to Cadillac perhaps.

NSXOTIC
You would probably be more correct than myself on the pricing issue.Part of the problem lies in the fact that the NSX is so rare and very few change hands each month-so
average market value is hard to determine.

You would be 100 % correct-if someone pays 48k for a 96-then that IS the MARKET VALUE
at that point in time.Perhaps I put too much
value on a warranty-when I look at asking prices of some of the older cars compared to
the newer ones that are offered at a comparable price. I have been watching e-bay-
and I just do not see the cars selling for
the values you say are reasonable or low.Granted some of the cars have "stories" but a lot of the late model ones are extremely low mileage and still under full factory warranty-and they are NOT selling.
A lot of them are dealer cars and out of
necessity they have to sell for more because
of all the overhead factors-plus they are in the business to make a PROFIT-to which they
EARN and are entitled to.

I saw one the other day that the person was
going to let an 03 go for $89,000.Guess it only takes one person to say "YES"

Didn't mean to rile you up -my apology-I'll
keep my opinions on price -to myself from
this point on. BTW-I don't own an NSX but I
will by Spring or August when my current lease is up-which is only a very minor factor
as I only have about $2400 in payments if I ditch it early.

Actually, I was out of line with the 'moron' comment so forgive me, but something did rile me up and that's not normal for me so I'm sure it was something else that got to me and not you. My apologies. The prices are in line though and I can get 70k for my flawless 01, so........ You make some good points. Anyway, I think Elvis had a 72 NSX.

I saw Elvis at my Acura dealer yesterday.

I think he's working there as one of the sales staff.

biggrin.gif

I was being sarcastic when I intimated that you could - in fact-find these cars with
1,000 miles.

IMO the e bay sellers -AH-who cares about my
opinion.

JUST TRYING TO STIR THE POT-A BIT-

the only reason why i would agree with you about the 2000 w/13k better than the 97 with 1k miles is because the 2000 model still has factory warranty left and the 97 doesnt
smile.gif

Back