Did dealer put in wrong oil?

I just had the oil changed in my 01 NSX by the local acura dealer. I noticed on the service receipt that they used 5-30W oil. I've read that 10-30 is the recommended weight. Should I make a big deal of this and have them replace the oil, or just wait till the next change in 3,000 miles?

Thanks

------------------
keep the shiny side up
MikeC 01 #46

Mike,

I know there has been some discussion about this recently, but cannot recall the thread. The key issue IMO, is what does your '01 owners manual recommend.

If it is 10w30, time to go back. My 1991 calls for 10w30 for my climate (NorthEast)

HTH,
LarryB

The manual says you can use 5-30 if the temprature goes below 32 degrees F. I'm in Pennsylvania and it goes below 32F. So, I guess it will be OK over the winter. In the future I will specify that I want 10-30 used.

But, I don't think its worth the hassle of making them change it now.

The Local Dealer here in Cali used 5-30 on my last oil change as well. They mentioned something about Acura changing the weight nation wide to improve fuel economy.

Originally posted by dvkim:
The Local Dealer here in Cali used 5-30 on my last oil change as well. They mentioned something about Acura changing the weight nation wide to improve fuel economy.

Someone mentioned that in a previous thread here, but upon further investigation it turned out to be NOT TRUE. Use 10W30 unless you're driving your NSX in a cold climate.

Back