Did 91 NSX's all come with keyless entry?

I bought a used 91 and it didn't come with keyless entry remotes. So do I just need to order remotes from Acura or is it a whole system that may need to be installed? I don't know if the car came with them or not. It does have the red light next to the door lock that blinks after locking and closing the door.

I'm tired of using the key every single time to unlock it.

If it's more than just a remote that I need, I may just opt for an aftermarket alarm that locks/unlocks the doors & trunk. Might even be cheaper that route.

There is a unit underneath the glove box if u do have it. However, I doubt that you do. Also, the OEM keyless entry system for early model NSXs are getting increasingly rare.

i had to buy mine.

i just can't understand why would someone spend so much for a car and try to save couple of hundreds for such a good option.

tararan said:
i had to buy mine.

i just can't understand why would someone spend so much for a car and try to save couple of hundreds for such a good option.

I can't understand why Honda/Acura would spend so much money building and charge so much money for a Halo car and not make the floor mats, trunk mat, CD changer, keyless entry, phone, and the CD standard options?

:confused:

At least for 2004 they got most of it right...

My 92 didn't come with it either. Although buying/installing it was a piece of cake.
You know it had to be easy if I were to be able to do it. Afterall, everybody around here knows I don't know how to do anything but make short, quick posts without any type of redeeming quality.

My '91 doesn't appear to have keyless entry either (although I will have to double-check for the box under the glovebox). My plan was just to purchase an install an alarm system with the typical links to the door locks. The price will end up being about the same IMO.

Back