Deal or No deal?

1995 NSX T
92K miles
Original owner
all maintenance records, as well as timing belt and water pump completed
New tires

$29K

Would I be paying too much? I'm comparing to a 1993 I've been looking at with similar miles, but I really would prefer to have the t top.

Brian

living in florida?? if the maintenance, condition and its history checks out i would say get the NSX-T.

Good buy, id snag it. Brooklands green by any chance? They seem to have the worst resale value. I think it will be hard to sell with much miles on it, so you better like it and keep it for a long, long time.

Thanks all! Car checked out on Carfax and he's the original owner, never an accident, all stock, RED with Tan interior in really good shape. I was worried about the 92K miles and was afraid I'd never be able to resell if I decided to upgrade.

Price agreed upon at $29K. Sending him deposit in the morning. Flying out to get the car next Tuesday. Wish me luck, I'll finally get to post in the owner's forum!

Been looking for a long time.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Brian

This car is not by chance Vin jh4na1186st000551? If so, I'd pass. If not, go for it.

White94 said:
This car is not by chance Vin jh4na1186st000551? If so, I'd pass. If not, go for it.
Whats wrong with car: jh4na1186st000551??

Car is in Orlando, in rough but repairable shape. If represented as original owner w tb change then that is not true. If that is not true, then who knows what else. SO, if the seller is representing that VIN as decribed above I would not trust the seller. The car itself might be OK if represented truthfully (rough shape, 2-3 owners, maint deferred) and price adjusted accordingly.

I *think* I remember that car being red/black, but I'm not sure. How many red 95s in that part of the country could be for sale? A handful at best - seems worth mentioning to the potential buyer.

It's a good time for anyone in Florida to buy an NSX, with NSXPO 2006 to be held there (at Sebring and Orlando) October 9-15. Hope to see you there!

The Kid said:
Good buy, id snag it. Brooklands green by any chance? They seem to have the worst resale value. I think it will be hard to sell with much miles on it, so you better like it and keep it for a long, long time.

Hmmm, I specifically looked for a Brooklands green and they seemed to be going for a premium. I bought a 94 after it was for sale for only a few days. When I sold it, here on Prime, it went in less than 5 days for what I paid for it a year earlier.

To each his own, but I love the color.

Attachments

• H2_NSX.JPG
    H2_NSX.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 90
isellpower said:
Hmmm, I specifically looked for a Brooklands green and they seemed to be going for a premium. I bought a 94 after it was for sale for only a few days. When I sold it, here on Prime, it went in less than 5 days for what I paid for it a year earlier.

To each his own, but I love the color.

Dont get me wrong; I happen to like it for some reason as well but from my experience, they seem to have worse resale.

blavenia said:
1995 NSX T
92K miles
Original owner
all maintenance records, as well as timing belt and water pump completed
New tires

$29K

Would I be paying too much? I'm comparing to a 1993 I've been looking at with similar miles, but I really would prefer to have the t top.

Brian
If the car checks out as represnted and the body, interior are in good shape then I'd say that's better than a good buy... it's a steal.

I agree the Brooklands Green is like the Orange, it has to find the right buyer. While I like the Orange, I am not sure I could live with it everyday. We had a green 94 at our dealership new and it was almost a year later before it was Dealer Transferred to another store (I presume to a waiting buyer).

Shumdit said:
I agree the Brooklands Green is like the Orange, it has to find the right buyer. While I like the Orange, I am not sure I could live with it everyday. We had a green 94 at our dealership new and it was almost a year later before it was Dealer Transferred to another store (I presume to a waiting buyer).

Orange has a serious following. I had in a thread that I "might" be getting an 2002 at an auction, and 2 days later.... I had "8":eek: PM's in regards to prospective owners

Again, a color I like (and might PM you about:biggrin: ), but would possibly ha ve a problem looking at daily. I think the Midnight Pearl cars are the same way. People like the idea of something different, but if the Orange and Midnight cars are so loved, why did they make up such a small percentage of sales? The 8 PM's are people who like the orange, but I still think it (like the Green and Midnight Pearl) is more of a like it or hate it color choice, unlike the more traditional Red, Black, White, Silver, Blue colors. Yellow is kind of in the middle, as it is available on pickup trucks and SUV's, along with sports cars, and is more socially acceptable to a wider range of tastes since it is more common among cars on the road.

Deal or no Deal?

White94 said:

Thanks for the heads up, but this is not the car. I'm flying out to Kansas City MO to pick the car up. The original owner was even nice enough to bring it in to Acura today just to be sure the battery and everything else were prepared for my Xcountry trip next week. Car is being inspected for anything it might need prior to me picking it up at owner's expense. Really turned out to be a nice guy.

I can't wait. I will post pics.

b

Re: Deal or no Deal?

Isn't anyone concerned about the mileage, or am I being paranoid?

Re: Deal or no Deal?

blavenia said:
Isn't anyone concerned about the mileage, or am I being paranoid?

No, the mileage is not a worrry. The car has a life of about 3-4 times that and you can sleep at night knowing the odometer wasn't clocked.

Yes, I'll be driving it back Tuesday. Thanks for helping me relax about the mileage.

B

Back