DC Motors 9/13/09

I've been really considering to buy an F360, so I went to DC Motors to check out their inventory. Here are some pictures of the cars they had there. Enjoy.

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00161.jpg

DSC00162.jpg

DSC00163.jpg

DSC00164.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

I was also looking at F360's and Gallardo's, but once I heard the maintenance cost I quickly changed my mind and haven't reconsidered since.

F360 are relatively cheaper to maintain than most other cars. There are plenty of people daily driving their cars. It gets a bad rep because of the older F355 and Testarosa's. I'd recommend speaking with other owners, and they'll all tell you that F360's maintenance isn't too bad.

Lots of car "myths" in this country, mostly propagated by dealers and non-owners. I owned my 360F1 for 5 years and my two Gallardo's for a total of 5 years. No major issues at all. Apart from an inital clutch/flywheel problem with the 360 (taken care by warranty) I spent a toal of $1800 in 5 years and 8K miles. Gallardo's were even less expensive to live with. Total service for both cars and 13K miles total has been $2450. I listen to dealers advice for maintenance with an "open mind" and take (italian) service book recommendations with a big grain of salt. Have done that since 1979 with no tragic results unlike what you hear. One of my F cars spent 23 years with me with only ONE cam-belts replacement.

I have driven by DC Motors at least once a day on my way to and from the office for the past 7 years; I am always amazed by the number of exotics they keep in stock and keep getting on trucks every other day. Impressive that they can stay in business in this economy.

Last edited:
Thumbs down on DC Motors. They size you up there. My bro in law bought his M3 there...they said "no accidents, was inspected" After a year of owning the car, my bro in law found rust in battery area along w/ paint overspray. Was very obvious. I wouldn't buy from them...way overpriced. My bro in law just didn't have the patience to look around.

Jeff

Thumbs down on DC Motors. They size you up there. My bro in law bought his M3 there...they said "no accidents, was inspected" After a year of owning the car, my bro in law found rust in battery area along w/ paint overspray. Was very obvious. I wouldn't buy from them...way overpriced. My bro in law just didn't have the patience to look around.

Jeff

Jeff,
Isn't this the typical experience when buying from a small used shady "mom and pops" dealership. I never trust what the salesman tells me, I rather deal with private owner as from my experience they are more upfront and have records and history to prove it. Luckily most my cars have been purchased from very honest and upfront private parties. I would hate to purchase something like and F car and find out it had been in a accident and been through the numerous auction block.

The story I heard from a F360 owner was he drove the car after the warranty expired and took the car in for service. He claimed the bill was around $20k. I am not sure what kind of work facilitates a $20k repair bill. I am not sure if he was jerking my chain, but for that kind of money I want another 200 rwhp.

That being said, most of the F360 and Gallardo owners I have talked to also state the maintenance isn't that bad, but the expensive one always stands out. Either way, good luck.

I just learned of someone I know selling a

2001 Ferrari 360 Spyder, F1 trans, red/black, maintained by race car driver family, challenge wheels, 18,500 miles, excellent condition, $112,000

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo coupe, orange/black, E-gear, navi, back-up cam, 7,450 miles, excellent condition, dealer maintained, $145,000 obo.

Both cars are located in so. cal. Just trying to help out so forgive me if it's not the appropriate part of the forum to post.

Jeff

these kind of cars are still selling in the poor economy????

I mean who has 112k laying around???? or are most people leasing or financing???

Car payment of like 2,000 a month or so?? LoL

I mean who has 112k laying around???? or are most people leasing or financing???

You would be surprised. People in the market for these cars have $$ to burn unlike us "regular Joe's". :frown:

Jeff

We all should be looking for for the next step up as Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke said Tuesday that the recession was "very likely over," :biggrin:

Time to celebrate!!!! Now I can finally shop for that murcielago.

I agree with Jeff 100%, it is a big world out there. The purchasing power out there is jaw dropping.

People came into recession with financial discipline and not over leveraged with debt are spring loaded to take advantage of opportunities. Someone once said "If you can survive the recession, you will emerge as super star".

Jeff, you are so modest, if you are "Regular Joe", I am "Regular Joe jr's little brother":smile:. Looking at awesome jaw dropping goodies on your NSX, you definitely did a lot to help our economy:biggrin:.

I know Long well, he is a true hero, a great roll model for a lot of people other than (funny T.O incident), I really mean it, he can easily do it if he wants. Just watch I called it here first. As time goes on, sky is the only limit for Long. Long, wait and go for F40.

No offense, but are you just joking or do you assume everyone purchase cars by financing or put $0 down? I believe in never underestimating or look down on others. The guy driving Civic next to me might have a Carrera GT in his garage. Someone once laughed at me when I used to drive a Civic, lol. That was probably most motivating thing ever for me.

I travel a lot, stuff I see always makes me drop my jaws, nothing more motivating then seeing what is going on outside my of little pond. It was funny when I was in Australia a month ago, people told me "what recession?" Is it a USA thang?

I know a lot of people that have dramatically more than $112k cash laying around, high income, zero debt, and don't know where to put money to work, don't give a damn about cars. It is a big world out there. As far as I can tell, economy is not as bad as it seems.

Look at OC, the amount of new nice cars on the road is just jaw dropping. In 8 years of living here, I have never ever seen so many new nice cars pop up on street in such short period of time and this all happened during recession. Maybe dealers are giving away cars.

Take this for example, this is my client's portfolio (NOT MY), the client just handed me the job to manage it since this past Saturday, 100% liquid, 100% play money, not on margin, enough to make purchase of 2 F430s + GT-R. Client's performance since Jan, 09 is approximate $80k gain. My performance in past two days since managing the portfolio for the client is +$26k in two days while reducing the risk at the same time by getting out of some highly risky equities that actually made a recent near term top on massive short squeeze on Monday, got out before it dropped like a rock. I charge 10% commission for performance.

nsxsupraclient1.jpg

Bad economy=opportunity of life time for those who know how to manage their finance and those who spend $1 for every $10 they take in. Instant short term gratification vs make sacrifice now for sustainable long term prolong gratification. Choice is clear. People are responsible for their own choices, can't blame it on anyone.

Kohl’s just opened 19 New Stores Creating Nearly 3,000 New Jobs, $4~$5 trillion dollar of paper wealth back into consumer's pocket since March. People usually don't talk about positive things.

Last edited:
I agree with Jeff 100%, it is a big world out there. The purchasing power out there is jaw dropping.

Jeff, you are so modest, if you are "Regular Joe", I am "Regular Joe jr's little brother":smile:. Looking at awesome jaw dropping goodies on your NSX, you definitely did a lot to help our economy:biggrin:.

There are certainly different tiers to the "Regular Joe". From what I have seen, I am in the bottom 50%. BUT, I am happy and that is what counts to me. It may appear that I have spent big $$ on my car but it has taken me 7 years to get there!! Some of you "young-ons" were in friggin' high school or even middle school 7 years ago!!!! Be patient grasshopper!! LOL

Jeff

Kohl’s just opened 19 New Stores Creating Nearly 3,000 New Jobs, $4~$5 trillion dollar of paper wealth back into consumer's pocket since March. People usually don't talk about positive things.

I totally agree with you on this Jason, people do not talk about the positive in the economy. All you see when you go online or turn on the news and nothing but negative news, scaring everyone into a frenzy causing a hault on spending. There's still so many people out there with a crap load of cash under their matress hence the reason why so many realestate properties in "westminster, CA", is being all bought up with CASH. No bank financing, just 100% paid off offers.

So what the media need to inject into everyone's head and this entire economy is a more positive spin on things. That will lighten up everyone's attitude about spending and we will have a much much quicker recovery.

I went to that place once when I was 25. I remmeber that on the phone they were all about getting me in the car and shit like that. Then that weekend when I went to see the car they were total dickheads with me. I guess that they thought when they looked at a 25 year old mexican guy they thought there is no way he will have money to get any car. So that same day I went to another place and got my first real dream car. I just hate places like that. Same thing happened to my buddy when he went to get his vett.

Back