• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dash to Washington Pass opener

The pass on Highway 20 opened on Thursday the 10th and now the hot weather is quickly melting the snow. Some cuts were through 60 feet of snow. Anyone up for a early morning run this weekend to see the deep cuts of snow and snow-covered backcountry before it gives way to summer? This is a great time of year because traffic is still low.

According to NOAA Sunday is looking to be warmest as of now - no rain and temps in the mid 60's, with mid 70's and mostly sunny in Twisp (for those that decide to do the entire Cascade loup). There is a chance of rain forecast for later Sunday night but we head back after a break at the Washington Pass overlook.

If you haven't ever taken a sports car on the drive to Washington Pass you've got to try it!

We usually have a mix of cars from different clubs and the early start tends to draw those who are serious about driving. We meet at 7AM Sunday in Snohomish County, PM me for details.

5810360809_dd9909f557_z.jpg

Trivia: They said last Thursday's reopening is the fifth latest since the highway first opened 40 years ago, on Sept. 2, 1972. There has been only one year where it remained open all year - 1976 - as it was a drought year.

Would love to go, but I have a wedding to attend this weekend. Please let us know next time it happens!

^^^ Will do!

NOAA shows weather still looking good for Sunday: Burlington outlook: Sunday: Partly sunny, with a high near 67.

I won't be going if it is raining. The forecast is looking better for a dry Sunday morning. Any NSX people on for the drive if the rain stays away?

No Dash Sunday May 20, 2012

Weather on Sunday is getting worse as NOAA now shows 50% chance of rain in Burlington so I'm going to call this one off. Not because we don't have waterproof paint, but part of the drive is being able to see the views and having good stick for the tires. And... I really don't want to drive in snow on summer tires!

It's too short of notice - I'm sure everyone else has to work, but I'm taking the day off to dash to the pass Tuesday the 29th. Nice break in the weather and the roads should be clear eastbound after Memorial Day. Caio!

crap, if i only read this earlier!!! I have day off today and want to check this out as well!! so where exactly is the route and please take some pics and post here.:biggrin:

Back