Dash mat cover

Dash Designs. I have had one for about 4 years, primarily to cut the glare off the dash from the sun when it is at low angles. Fits well. The attachment is via stick on Velcro strips. If you have ever treated your dash with Armor All or anything like that, make sure you degrease your dash with IPA or a 10% acetone / water mix. The Velcro will not stick if there is anything on the surface. As is, you may have to purchase additional pieces of Velcro to hold the cover down. With just the as supplied pieces of Velcro and with my top off at speed there was enough turbulent air flow that it could catch under the cover and pull it off which ends with it flapping around. Not a good thing 'at speed'.

Last edited:
I can't remember which of the materials I ordered. It looks very much like the material Honda is using on the new version of the OEM floor mats for the NSX (the thin ones with the plastic tabs). The cover is black on a black dash so it does not really show up in photos.

One issue associated with the dash pad (for the later version NSXs) is that it looks like it was templated off of an early car without a passenger side air bag. On my 2003 Pilot (which also has acres of glaring plastic dash) the dash pad has a flap cut in it over the air bag cover. The NSX dash pad that I got for my 2000 NSX does not have that flap over the passenger side air bag cover. I don't think that it is a significant issue. The bottom edge of the dash pad is not secured with Velcro so it should easily lift up if the air bag ever does deploy. If you got silly and glued the dash pad in place then the absence of a flap could be a problem. I also place more trust in seat belts with pre tensioners so am less concerned about the air bag issue.

Last edited:
dash design is great. i have it for my tl since my dash crack and fitment is near perfect. i dont know for the nsx as i never have one. so glad we dont have dash crack problem like the acura tl!

dash design is great. i have it for my tl since my dash crack and fitment is near perfect. i dont know for the nsx as i never have one. so glad we dont have dash crack problem like the acura tl!

Another +1 for a Dash Designs mat on a TL. They fit great and are reasonable price. My old TL dash looked like a puzzle with the hundred cracks that covered it.

One issue associated with the dash pad (for the later version NSXs) is that it looks like it was templated off of an early car without a passenger side air bag. On my 2003 Pilot (which also has acres of glaring plastic dash) the dash pad has a flap cut in it over the air bag cover. The NSX dash pad that I got for my 2000 NSX does not have that flap over the passenger side air bag cover. I don't think that it is a significant issue. The bottom edge of the dash pad is not secured with Velcro so it should easily lift up if the air bag ever does deploy. If you got silly and glued the dash pad in place then the absence of a flap could be a problem. I also place more trust in seat belts with pre tensioners so am less concerned about the air bag issue.

If the explosives in the air bag module were to ignite any Velcro holding down the pad would be torn apart instantly. It is really powerful.

Back