Dallas Area Stereo Shop Recommendations?

Hey guys,

I am thinking about replacing the Bose system in my NSX, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for installation in the DFW area. My plan is to purchase most of the parts for the intall myself, and just pay the shop for installation.

Thanks

Do it yourself. Really. If you need help I come up to Dallas about once every six weeks.

You should really consider doing it yourself, its not that difficult.

If you bring it somewhere, buy the directions to install and remove speakers, then tell them the following:

DONT CUT WIRES BEHIND MY HEAD UNIT
You may want to return the car back to stock someday, make sure you provide them with the correct wiring harness from SoS.

THIS IS WHERE I WANT TO MOUNT MY AMP
I like to mount the amp in the trunk, and I live in Austin heat has never been a problem. Others like to mount it behind the seat (which requires less cabling but reduces leg room). WARNING: There is a cable behind the drivers seat that can be snapped if they are not careful when mounting running wires.

DON'T DRILL ANY HOLES TO MOUNT MY AMP
If you put it in the trunk, buy the SoS trunk panel. If you put it behind the seat you can mount it to the cover below the rear window towards the floor. If they don't know what they are doing and drill into the sheet metal they can puncture the gas tank.

DON'T DRILL ANY HOLES TO RUN WIRES IN MY CAR
There are two holes in the firewall, one behind the passenger seat, one behind the drivers seat.

USE THE JUMPSTART TERMINAL IN THE ENGINE BAY FOR POWER
No need to go to the battery, if your amp is in the trunk or behind the seat the best power source is the jumpstart terminal.

WHEN MOUNTING SPEAKERS IN THE DOOR PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS FOR REMOVAL/REPLACEMENT
Lots of audio installers will break the plastic tabs that mount the door panel to the door. They are brittle and if you overtighten them they break.

DECIDE YOUR PLANS FOR THE SUBWOOFER AHEAD OF TIME
If you want that boom, boom, boom......If you are going to install a subwoofer, I would provide it to them. There are a lot of great solutions out here today. Angus, Sylora, and a few others offer plug and play solutions. IMPORTANT: If you are not going to install a subwoofer at the very least you should run speaker wire to the passenger footwell from the amp. You should also make sure that you use a 4-channel amp cable so that you can easily upgrade in the future. I don't have a subwoofer today but I can definitely see myself getting one for Christmas!

I would highly recommend Joe Mills to help you with your install.
He does all the custom work for Ruf Porsche.
He is an authorized dealer for Kendwood, Alpine and others.
I had a problem finding the source of a "buzz" in the system that I installed that was not caused by a faulty ground. It ended up being a defective amp so I purchased an Alpine 4x150 amp from him for less than retail that works perfectly.

He has a small shop in far north Dallas on Davenport Rd
Cell: (214) 288-1389
Off: (469) 737-8738

Good Luck

Thanks for the advice guys. I will do a little more research and figure out how difficult this will to do it myself first before I call Joe Mills.

Back