Dali set cushion in San Jose area?

Hi all -

I am seriously contemplating the purchase of a 1997 - 2001 NSX and I am 6' tall with a 32" in seam so I am more torso than leg I guess.

I was curious if anyone in the San Jose CA area has an NSX with the (low) Dali racing seat cushion installed that I could sit in it to see how the fit is. Anyone?

Or, if anyone in this area has found other solutions such as installation of Bride seats (I read that this works too?) I would like to try that fit as well.

I have not found the car yet as I am looking for a low mileage 97 - 01 with a Comptech or SOS (prefered) SC on it but the fit issue is a key issue at the moment. I "barely" fit the stock seat and an extra 1" to 2" would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide! - Matt

hey there.

I'm about as far in the US from San Jose as you can get, but I can tell you about my experience with the Dali seat cushion, which is this: it's not particularly comfortable. I don't care for it and I wouldn't have much interest in driving it on a routine basis with it in the car. It's just too hard. If you can make the stock seat work and use the Dali seat for just racing, that's a good solution for that limited purpose.

Welcome Matt Z!

I'm 6'2", 34" inseam. I would say that your leg/torso ratio is more normal than not. In my targa when wearing a helmet I have to tilt my head slightly and sloutch a little. When not wearing a helmet (notice that I did not say helmeted, BTW :biggrin:) I do not have an issue at my height with stock seat cushions.
I'll assume that you are talking targa also, I doubt that you would have a helmet issue in a coupe unless you wear a Pickelhaube.
Courtesy link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickelhaube
At 6'0", 32" inseam I really don't see you as long-waisted.
Ditto:
http://www.yourdictionary.com/long-waisted
Have you sat in an NSX and had a real or perceived clearance issue? Wear a 'fro or a lot of junk in the trunk? If your answer to either is no, I do not think that you would have an issue on a stock cushion.
Plenty of tall fellas drive NSX's.
My .02.

this is a very interesting topic as I have the targa nd am almost 6'3" and weigh about 205. my inseam in about 36 inches and I feel a little cramped in there with the top on. I was wondering the same thing is there any way to lower the stock seat height at all? It would be nice to feel like I am sitting in the car. Any ideas?

this is a very interesting topic as I have the targa nd am almost 6'3" and weigh about 205. my inseam in about 36 inches and I feel a little cramped in there with the top on. I was wondering the same thing is there any way to lower the stock seat height at all? It would be nice to feel like I am sitting in the car. Any ideas?

There are a few options. The Dali seat cushion as discussed above. You can remove the bottom cushion entirely and sit on the metal seat pan. You can alter the original cushion, by removing the bottom cushion and cutting away some of the foam and reinstalling the bottom cusion. You can put in aftermarket seats, most of which will sit lower, but do your research first. I am roughly your height and weight and I feel a little cramped as well, but I don't find removing the top benefical at all, as I sit as far back as possible, thus my head rubs up against the cross bar.

Kenny

I'm in SJ and 6'2, 180 lbs.

You should really go read my BRIDE seat thread where I document my finds....

My head barely grazed the NSX-T targa rear section with my spikey hair so I went for a Bride Stradia low max seat along with the matching rail. Now I gained 2" of headroom. My passenger uses the Bride EURO II for comfort and both seats are red and hard to tell from outside.

here's a few shots:

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2163.jpg

Both seats installed:
IMG_2255.jpg

Hello s4play -

If it is possible to sit in your (gorgeous) NSX sometime, please call me on my cell phone at 408-425-9398.

Thanks! - Matt

Sounds good s4play... Happy Holidays to you and your family! (and to everyone else on NSX Prime!).

Maybe we can hook up in January. - Matt

Back